BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
December 19, 2014, 08:14:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 68
  Print  
Author Topic: Bystander Comments on Your VFFs and Barefooting  (Read 130371 times)
toh-shu

toh-shu is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #825 on: June 07, 2012, 03:08:36 PM »

One lady working at a store in Universal Studios approached my wife and I and asked us if the shoes where comfortable because she has seen people using them in the park. We where wearing our Komodos. Then one of her coworkers jumped in the conversation and said that she haves the shoes and are the most comfortable shoes she haves!

If your wife was wearing purple ones, I think I may have saw you - last week ?

Yes! Smiley
Ha ha - small world - I was the guy sitting on the bench drying out my Bikilas after some 'get wet ride', as you went past you said something like "nice shoes" and I said something similar in response.

HAHAHA, that is too weird.

My VFFs: Black/Grey TrekSports (Torn and fixed sort of.  Sad), Grey/palm KSOs, White/Grey/Red Bikilas, Brown/Black Spyridon LS, White/Black Speeds

NB MT10
« Reply #825 on: June 07, 2012, 03:08:36 PM »

happyfeet

happyfeet is a new face.

Barefoot since 1970

View Profile
« Reply #826 on: June 07, 2012, 03:20:13 PM »

I was in my local Birkenstock store picking up my Treks and contemplating a pair of Jaya's when I heard someone say, "Man! you must have been wearing those a long time, you put them on like their regular shoes."  I had to smile to myself and answered that I had.  Well, this guy was really curious and started asking other questions about my "weird" shoes.  I then launched into my spiel about Fivefingers.  The guy was so impressed he tried on a couple different styles and ended up buying a pair for himself!  And I got a great discount on my Treks!  Wink

"We are what we repeatedly do.  Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit."
Wanted: Grados - Size: 38
cincodeos

cincodeos is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #827 on: June 08, 2012, 12:26:05 AM »

One lady working at a store in Universal Studios approached my wife and I and asked us if the shoes where comfortable because she has seen people using them in the park. We where wearing our Komodos. Then one of her coworkers jumped in the conversation and said that she haves the shoes and are the most comfortable shoes she haves!

If your wife was wearing purple ones, I think I may have saw you - last week ?

Yes! Smiley
Ha ha - small world - I was the guy sitting on the bench drying out my Bikilas after some 'get wet ride', as you went past you said something like "nice shoes" and I said something similar in response.

I was quite surprised/dissapointed as to how few times I saw people in VFFs - the GF claims that she saw more peeps wearing VFFs in the 20mins we were in the Travel Country store (on the 1st day of the hols), than the rest of the 2 week holiday put together - but then we were in a tourist area - lots of shiny, bright, new marshmallow shoes to be seen - the Nike & NB stores must have done well...

Yes, Paul. I remember you. When I see someone in VFFs I try to say to them that they have nice shoes! I'll start to ask permission to take a picture with them to post them in Facebook or here. After all, we are an elite club!

...It's a small world after all!

CincoDeos
Trujillo Alto, PR, USA
Vibram FiveFingers: --Sprints, TrekSport (x2), KMDSport LS, Trek LS, KMDSport(x2), Spyridon LS, Speeds, KSO (x2), Classics, KSO Treks (x4), Bikila, Treksport Sandals
Vivobarefoot: Ra (x5), Evo, Gobi, Hybrid, Jay
Lems; NB Minimus; Tune ; Altra Superior, Provission
nowster

nowster is starting to look familiar.nowster is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #828 on: June 08, 2012, 01:03:27 AM »

Not another chorus! I give in.

VFF: M46: Classic, KSO x4, Trek x3, Trek LS, Treksport x2, KMDSport, EL-X, Bikila LS, Spyridon MR, Flow, Signa, Speed, Sprint (fake?), KSO EVO;
       M47: Speed, Classic (too big)
Non-VFF: 46 Merrell Tough Glove, 47 VB Synth Hiker
« Reply #828 on: June 08, 2012, 01:03:27 AM »

paulr

paulr is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #829 on: June 08, 2012, 09:20:33 AM »

resitance to the catchiness is futile - sing along now :

It's a world of laughter
A world of tears
It's a world of hopes
And a world of fears
There's so much that we share
That it's time we're aware
It's a small world after all

There is just one moon
And one golden sun
And a smile means
Friendship to ev'ryone
Though the mountains divide
And the oceans are wide

It's a small, small world.

Dont forget the la, la, las too  Wink Cheesy
happyfeet

happyfeet is a new face.

Barefoot since 1970

View Profile
« Reply #830 on: June 08, 2012, 11:05:10 AM »

I was in my local Birkenstock store picking up my Treks and contemplating a pair of Jaya's when I heard someone say, "Man! you must have been wearing those a long time, you put them on like their regular shoes."  I had to smile to myself and answered that I had.  Well, this guy was really curious and started asking other questions about my "weird" shoes.  I then launched into my spiel about Fivefingers.  The guy was so impressed he tried on a couple different styles and ended up buying a pair for himself!  And I got a great discount on my Treks!  Wink

which store?

Sunset Shoes in Sandestin, Florida

"We are what we repeatedly do.  Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit."
Wanted: Grados - Size: 38
armadillo76

armadillo76 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #831 on: June 08, 2012, 01:15:26 PM »

resitance to the catchiness is futile - sing along now :

Dont forget the la, la, las too  Wink Cheesy

Gee thanks. Guess what tune was in my head all morning at work?
AndyB, NH.

KSO Trek
KomodoSport
KSO
Bormio
Trek LS
Flow
Ang1234

Ang1234 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #832 on: June 13, 2012, 11:48:08 AM »

I just got my first pair of VFFs 4 or 5 weeks ago. I've had people laugh, point, smirk. I've had people ask if they are uncomfortable. I've had people say "those look sooo comfortable". I've had people run up to ask what they are and where they can buy some.

I carried my son on my back in a woven wrap while running errands until he was 2.5 years old (now he cooperates with holding my hand and walking). I got the same type of reactions with having a child on my back as I am getting with the Vibrams.

I've had some people put their noses in the air intially and now they want to buy some Smiley I think my 15 year old daughter will be wearing them some day. Her boyfriend informed us yesterday that he was going to buy some for himself.
armadillo76

armadillo76 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #833 on: June 13, 2012, 01:00:18 PM »

I just got my first pair of VFFs 4 or 5 weeks ago. I've had people laugh, point, smirk. I've had people ask if they are uncomfortable. I've had people say "those look sooo comfortable". I've had people run up to ask what they are and where they can buy some.

I carried my son on my back in a woven wrap while running errands until he was 2.5 years old (now he cooperates with holding my hand and walking). I got the same type of reactions with having a child on my back as I am getting with the Vibrams.

I've had some people put their noses in the air intially and now they want to buy some Smiley I think my 15 year old daughter will be wearing them some day. Her boyfriend informed us yesterday that he was going to buy some for himself.

http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-talk/back-future-biff-tom-wilson-post-card-225347829.html

There needs to be a VFF FAQ card we can hand out. Sometimes I tell people that no, they aren't comfortable because why wouldn't I want to be in pain for the sake of fashion (sometimes I get cranky Wink
AndyB, NH.

KSO Trek
KomodoSport
KSO
Bormio
Trek LS
Flow
tysongoesbarefoot

tysongoesbarefoot is a new face.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #834 on: June 13, 2012, 01:52:56 PM »

"Watch out for glass!!" Like i didnt already think to do that... haha

http://tysongoesbarefoot.blogspot.com/2012/06/running-barefoot-and-glass-dont-mix.html

Mr. Leigh
Superstar

Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.

23 pair VFFs, 3 pair Stems, 5 VB, & 2 Teva

View Profile
« Reply #835 on: June 13, 2012, 02:55:41 PM »

There needs to be a VFF FAQ card we can hand out. Sometimes I tell people that no, they aren't comfortable because why wouldn't I want to be in pain for the sake of fashion (sometimes I get cranky Wink
AndyB, NH.

Vibram has Ambassador cards they will send you that you can hand out to inquisitive people.  I have some, but never have them with me at the right moments.  I know there are other forum members that have them too.  Maybe someone can scan one in, as I am not in a position where I can do so.

So be sure when you step.
Step with care and great tact and remember that Life's a Great Balancing Act.
Just never forget to be dexterous and deft. 
And never mix up your right foot and your left.

Oh, the Places You'll Go! by Dr. Suess
barefootin

barefootin is a regular 'round here.barefootin is a regular 'round here.barefootin is a regular 'round here.

My Sneakers

View Profile
« Reply #836 on: June 14, 2012, 06:02:52 PM »

Vibram has Ambassador cards

How do I get some?  My wife and I have gone through hundreds of business cards for our local brick and mortar which we carry with us at all times with brief information we've added on the back.......

I prefer to do it bare... 
See or "Feel" the world before they blow it up or pave it over.
The Yeti

The Yeti is starting to look familiar.The Yeti is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #837 on: June 14, 2012, 06:33:45 PM »

Just shoot an email to Vibram, and a rep will mail you a big stack of them!

To err is human, to arr is pirate.
nowster

nowster is starting to look familiar.nowster is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #838 on: June 14, 2012, 07:26:03 PM »

Just shoot an email to Vibram, and a rep will mail you a big stack of them!
Does that apply outside the USA too?

VFF: M46: Classic, KSO x4, Trek x3, Trek LS, Treksport x2, KMDSport, EL-X, Bikila LS, Spyridon MR, Flow, Signa, Speed, Sprint (fake?), KSO EVO;
       M47: Speed, Classic (too big)
Non-VFF: 46 Merrell Tough Glove, 47 VB Synth Hiker
Horse Rider

Horse Rider is starting to look familiar.Horse Rider is starting to look familiar.

Life without animals is not worth living

View Profile
« Reply #839 on: June 14, 2012, 07:54:50 PM »

They sent me some in Canada, and I hand them out all the time.

Treksport Pink
Bikila Silver/Verde,LS Purple,EVO WP
Flow Black
Sprint Black,Slate/Palmx2,Fuschia,Blue/Aqua
Classic Stormy Sea,Chili,Grey/Orange,Mauvex2,Lilac,Khaki,Suomy,Yellow/Grey,Sand/Blue,SW Charcoal
Alitza Grey/Rose
Spyridon LS
Stems,Lems,EvoII,Off Rd Hi,Boxing Boot,Lucy Lite,Konvinesx2
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 68
  Print  

Jump to: