BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
October 21, 2014, 03:04:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 68
  Print  
Author Topic: Bystander Comments on Your VFFs and Barefooting  (Read 117993 times)
Striped Toad

Striped Toad is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #570 on: April 04, 2011, 09:15:46 PM »

Today while i was waiting for my wife to come out of surgery, one of the women at the reception desk noticed my Speeds, she came over to ask about them and remarked how interesting and great they look... Later on she told me she did a quick search and found a nearby store that carries VFFs and shes going right when she gets out of work to get a pair of Classics!

I hope surgery went well and your wife is on the road to recovery.

Thank you. Shes home now and resting well.
« Reply #570 on: April 04, 2011, 09:15:46 PM »

Sarge

Sarge is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #571 on: April 05, 2011, 06:00:48 AM »

Wow! I bet you can really feel the floor in them!?   Grin
marchingOn

marchingOn is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #572 on: April 06, 2011, 04:20:19 PM »

I went to my German TA's office today to make up an quiz and he just looks at my feet and starts laughing. His reasoning is that us Americans have crazy fashion sense, but he almost wants to get a pair for the weird looks he would get when he moves back to Germany. Now every time he looks at my feet in class he just shakes his head. Also sat next to a kid on the but today wearing some KSO's.
nic

nic is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #573 on: April 08, 2011, 02:08:55 PM »

Germany >> Small Town

Don't even think about people NOT watching at you like you were a moron   Roll Eyes

« Reply #573 on: April 08, 2011, 02:08:55 PM »

AMD64Blondie

AMD64Blondie is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #574 on: April 09, 2011, 02:46:35 PM »

This morning I was going down in the elevator of my apartment building,and a woman asked me.."are those shoes?" I said "yes,they are".Was mildly surprised that more people haven't noticed my FiveFingers Classics.
morgan_4785

morgan_4785 is starting to look familiar.morgan_4785 is starting to look familiar.

live free or die hard

View Profile
« Reply #575 on: April 14, 2011, 12:06:46 PM »

ive got the blue camo kso's. and i honestly wish people would quit asking if theyre water shoes.  Angry Maybe ill get a diferent reaction when i get my komodos.

jesus Saves
Feet are the greatest piece of technology ever. guess who made them? God
Turnstone

Turnstone is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #576 on: April 18, 2011, 05:36:39 AM »

Germany >> Small Town

Don't even think about people NOT watching at you like you were a moron   Roll Eyes

I am from Germany, too. So far I cannot complain about other people. I wore them last week during a congress (and out at town), and got some nice comments from other people who thought that my VFFs were cool. I got some strange looks from strangers, too, but not many. I think most people didn't notice my shoes at all.
An

An is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #577 on: April 18, 2011, 08:46:13 AM »

Lots of comments this weekend. Was also my first full weekend in VFF's, including following an orienteering course, an overnighter on a campsite and a visit to the store for groceries.

- What are those funny things on your feet?
- Ow you have fivefingers, coooool!
- You can 't do real hikes in those, can you?
- Miss.... What the hell are you wearing on your feet (after a lot of giggling behind my back)
- Heeeeeey, you 're already the second person I see this weekend with VFF's!
- Do those have soles?
doharris

doharris is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #578 on: April 18, 2011, 09:42:52 AM »

The comment I'm getting most is 'Are those comfortable?'  Without launching into the whole barefoot spiel everytime what I mostly say is 'you gotta get used to 'em, but I love 'em.'

Great thread, love the stories!

You know what they say about a man with big feet? He wears big VFF's.
Spider

Spider is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #579 on: April 18, 2011, 10:59:57 AM »

Was telling my wife how annoying it is that people will still call them Filas, or "the billboard shoes" even after telling them their Vibrams.   She then shared with me how annoyed she is with how everytime we go out in public, someone has to ask about the shoes.

Free the toes.
delucio

delucio is a regular 'round here.delucio is a regular 'round here.delucio is a regular 'round here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #580 on: April 18, 2011, 07:56:33 PM »

While I was deployed, one of the guys that was training for a triathlon broke one of the bones in his foot. Now everyone is asking me how long I have been wearing my vibrams. I normally reply with 1 year... its been close to that mark. Then they like oh ok... you should be good then, right? I just laugh and go yeah.
However, he only ran on his toes. He never let his heel touch the ground. Last Wednesday when we did our run day, the chief to our work center said that the guy broke his foot ran funny, but I looked natural and very comfortable while running.

Then Sunday in the commissary I got asked what my shoes are and where can their daughter/granddaughter find them. I referred them to this website and vibram's.

http://barefootdallas.blogspot.com

BaReFoOt  DaLlAs
Rockpup

Rockpup is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #581 on: April 22, 2011, 10:44:59 AM »

Not a bystander, but a sales guy went into his practiced script about VFF fitting and how to put them on, as i was removing my KSOs. O.o
slgtink

slgtink is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #582 on: April 22, 2011, 07:45:45 PM »

Wore them to the dentist today.  He was very interested in them and had already seen them.  His wife wants a pair.  I told him he should buy her a pair for mother's day!
black

black is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #583 on: April 22, 2011, 09:03:32 PM »

I went barefoot completely before getting my komodo sports one of the comments?

"You're going in to the bathroom without shoes that's gross!"
I just responded "not really because I don't eat with my feet and I wash my feet, how often do you clean your shoes?"

The best part though was the first day I wore my komodos when I was in the bathroom with one of the commenter I simply said
"Dang it theses are so much harder to clean than my feet!  I hope the floors clean!"
morgan_4785

morgan_4785 is starting to look familiar.morgan_4785 is starting to look familiar.

live free or die hard

View Profile
« Reply #584 on: April 25, 2011, 12:32:12 PM »

I went barefoot completely before getting my komodo sports one of the comments?

"You're going in to the bathroom without shoes that's gross!"
I just responded "not really because I don't eat with my feet and I wash my feet, how often do you clean your shoes?"

The best part though was the first day I wore my komodos when I was in the bathroom with one of the commenter I simply said
"Dang it theses are so much harder to clean than my feet!  I hope the floors clean!"

hahaha. so true

jesus Saves
Feet are the greatest piece of technology ever. guess who made them? God
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 68
  Print  

Jump to: