BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
September 02, 2014, 07:36:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 68
  Print  
Author Topic: Bystander Comments on Your VFFs and Barefooting  (Read 116572 times)
paulr

paulr is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #795 on: May 22, 2012, 01:01:55 AM »

Had my Bikilas a couple of days now - GF a bit freaked out by the amount of attention they are getting - probably about 5 obvious observations without direct comments to me.  Funniest direct one was from a guy waking in a mall "love your shoes man" he shouted, when I turned around I noticed he had Bikilas on - laughed his head off when I asked him whether his shoes were comfortable. About 10 mins later a guy working in a shop exclaims that he loves his VFFs but is not allowed to wear them at work
« Reply #795 on: May 22, 2012, 01:01:55 AM »

Mr. Leigh
Superstar

Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.

23 pair VFFs, 3 pair Stems, 5 VB, & 2 Teva

View Profile
« Reply #796 on: May 22, 2012, 11:34:54 AM »

Quick jaunt over to Harbor Freight for a tire patch kit and could not find them in the massive amount of items in that store.  There are too many distractions in that store. Shocked Ooh shiny things! Cheesy I asked the cashier to assist me.  She came out from behind the counter, spotted my Navy/Aqua/Camo Classics and said "What are those, slippers?".  I said "No, they are shoes!".  She thought they were really cool but could never wear them to work because she might drop something on her foot.  I did not even bother to go into it with her.  It was close to closing time for the store and I had a tire that needed patching. 

So be sure when you step.
Step with care and great tact and remember that Life's a Great Balancing Act.
Just never forget to be dexterous and deft. 
And never mix up your right foot and your left.

Oh, the Places You'll Go! by Dr. Suess
Mr. Leigh
Superstar

Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.

23 pair VFFs, 3 pair Stems, 5 VB, & 2 Teva

View Profile
« Reply #797 on: May 22, 2012, 03:37:25 PM »

It would seem that I am garnishing a lot of attention these days.  I just ran into an engineer and he said, "Oh, you have your feet on today." as opposed to all those other days when I am sporting bloody stubs.

So be sure when you step.
Step with care and great tact and remember that Life's a Great Balancing Act.
Just never forget to be dexterous and deft. 
And never mix up your right foot and your left.

Oh, the Places You'll Go! by Dr. Suess
Kirin

Kirin is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #798 on: May 27, 2012, 04:26:46 AM »

I was asked by someone why they would want to spend 100 on "a pair of socks dipped in tar"?   Huh
« Reply #798 on: May 27, 2012, 04:26:46 AM »

Tarentaal

Tarentaal is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #799 on: May 27, 2012, 05:32:53 PM »

I was asked by someone why they would want to spend 100 on "a pair of socks dipped in tar"?   Huh

Tell them it's re-engineering your body and it's cheaper than plastic surgery Smiley
Sablewings

Sablewings is starting to look familiar.Sablewings is starting to look familiar.

Sablewings

View Profile
« Reply #800 on: May 27, 2012, 05:50:07 PM »

Tell them it's re-engineering your body and it's cheaper than plastic surgery

It's also cheaper than a knee operation after wearing a lifetime's worth of heeled shoes and cushioned trainers...  Smiley

Guy on a busy Tube Train staring at my VFF's:   "You wearing those things down here, eh... [shakes head]  Don't you know this is a place of tranquility?"

~~VFF Speeds White~~VFF Speeds Black~~Vivobarefoot Lucy Black and Blue/Grey~~Vivobarefoot Aqua Lites Red~~Vivobarefoot Neo Trail Black~~
Horse Rider

Horse Rider is starting to look familiar.Horse Rider is starting to look familiar.

Life without animals is not worth living

View Profile
« Reply #801 on: May 27, 2012, 06:11:51 PM »

It would seem that I am garnishing a lot of attention these days.  I just ran into an engineer and he said, "Oh, you have your feet on today." as opposed to all those other days when I am sporting bloody stubs.
Good one Cheesy

Treksport Pink
Bikila Silver/Verde,LS Purple
Flow Black
Sprint Black,Slate/Palmx2,Fuschia,Blue/Aqua
Classic Stormy Sea,Chili,Grey/Orange,Mauvex2,Lilac,Khaki,Suomy,Yellow/Grey,Sand/Dusty Blue,SW Charcoal
Alitza Grey/Rose
Spyridon LS
Stems,Lems,EvoII,Off Rd Hi,Boxing Boot,Lucy Lite,Konvinesx2
HappyHiker

HappyHiker is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #802 on: May 30, 2012, 04:29:24 PM »

My favorite was going through airport security and being asked where I had stored the rest of my Aquaman outfit?

Been wearing VFF for 6 years now, have worn out 4(two sprint, 2 KSOs) pairs currently have EL-X, Bikila, Komodo Sport and KSOs x 2.
Jammy

Jammy is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #803 on: May 31, 2012, 11:23:42 AM »

I posted a picture of my new Komodo's at my Facebook page, and a few people reacted that they were the ugliest shoes ever.
One person said they were fine for running on grass but not on pavement.
I'm at work now, where I can read FB but not reply, so when I get home, I have to put some things straight for the ignorant...
Insulting my FFs like that!  Angry

Once you go barefoot you'll never go back! :-)

VFF Spyridon LS - VFF KomodoSport - VFF Bikila LS - VFF Sprints khaki/putty/clay are on their way :-) - Inov-8 Bare Grip 200 - VivoBarefoot Neo Trail
toh-shu

toh-shu is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #804 on: May 31, 2012, 02:51:23 PM »

I posted a picture of my new Komodo's at my Facebook page, and a few people reacted that they were the ugliest shoes ever.
One person said they were fine for running on grass but not on pavement.
I'm at work now, where I can read FB but not reply, so when I get home, I have to put some things straight for the ignorant...
Insulting my FFs like that!  Angry

haha I would be a tad irritated, and would certainly feel the need to correct some people Wink

My VFFs: Black/Grey TrekSports (Torn and fixed sort of.  Sad), Grey/palm KSOs, White/Grey/Red Bikilas, Brown/Black Spyridon LS, White/Black Speeds

NB MT10
Jammy

Jammy is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #805 on: June 03, 2012, 02:37:01 PM »

When I'm wearing my VFFs out in public, I'm afraid of shocking people when they see my shoes. Does anyone have experience with that?
I know a few people who find the VFFs scary, even when they had time to get used to the view...

Once you go barefoot you'll never go back! :-)

VFF Spyridon LS - VFF KomodoSport - VFF Bikila LS - VFF Sprints khaki/putty/clay are on their way :-) - Inov-8 Bare Grip 200 - VivoBarefoot Neo Trail
dirkverelst

dirkverelst is well known.dirkverelst is well known.dirkverelst is well known.dirkverelst is well known.

Healing our environment with orgonite.

View Profile
« Reply #806 on: June 03, 2012, 02:49:26 PM »

When I'm wearing my VFFs out in public, I'm afraid of shocking people when they see my shoes. Does anyone have experience with that?

yes, everyone here  Grin
nowster

nowster is starting to look familiar.nowster is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #807 on: June 03, 2012, 05:58:24 PM »

Look confident when wearing them and most people won't notice.

VFF: M46: Classic, KSO x4, Trek x3, Trek LS, Treksport x2, KMDSport, EL-X, Bikila LS, Spyridon MR, Flow, Signa, Speed, Sprint (fake?), KSO EVO;
       M47: Speed, Classic (too big)
Non-VFF: 46 Merrell Tough Glove, 47 VB Synth Hiker
The Yeti

The Yeti is starting to look familiar.The Yeti is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #808 on: June 03, 2012, 11:36:11 PM »

Recently my only VFF wear is when golfing. I pretty much wear my Luna sandals exclusively, except for my vivobarefoot Ra's for work. I get a good deal of interest in them for their functionality. When it's dry, they make a kick ass golf shoe. When it's wet, they still grip very well, but absorb all of the water in the grass. My last couple of rounds have been the best I've ever played, and people have asked the usual questions, and now are asking about lateral grip and performance.

I find I can't wear conventional golf shoes anymore, as i find myself rocking back on my heels or generally losing my balance. Though when it's really wet outside, I'll throw on my truelinkswear shoes. They are 'barefoot golf shoes' but have a pretty substantial upper. They are new and still being broken in, but are much better than the other shoes out there, as they have a 5-6mm sole and zero drop. In wet weather, they keep my feet dry and offer good grip, but in the dry my treks are much more comfortable.

To err is human, to arr is pirate.
Shiraz-mataz

Shiraz-mataz is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #809 on: June 04, 2012, 01:45:18 PM »

My 80 year-old mother recently visited from out of state to attend our son's high school graduation; she hasn't been here since before we bought our first pair of Vibrams.  Mom likes to stay busy and insisted upon sweeping.  When she got to the corner of the room where my daughter and I tend to throw our VFF's, she paused and then scrunched her face into a perplexed look.  Though she didn't say a word I could just tell what was going on in her head... She poked at them with her broom, shook her head, and moved on.  She didn't ask and I didn't tell (she would never understand)!
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 68
  Print  

Jump to: