BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
July 29, 2014, 08:57:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 69
  Print  
Author Topic: Bystander Comments on Your VFFs and Barefooting  (Read 115848 times)
The Yeti

The Yeti is starting to look familiar.The Yeti is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #810 on: June 03, 2012, 11:36:11 PM »

Recently my only VFF wear is when golfing. I pretty much wear my Luna sandals exclusively, except for my vivobarefoot Ra's for work. I get a good deal of interest in them for their functionality. When it's dry, they make a kick ass golf shoe. When it's wet, they still grip very well, but absorb all of the water in the grass. My last couple of rounds have been the best I've ever played, and people have asked the usual questions, and now are asking about lateral grip and performance.

I find I can't wear conventional golf shoes anymore, as i find myself rocking back on my heels or generally losing my balance. Though when it's really wet outside, I'll throw on my truelinkswear shoes. They are 'barefoot golf shoes' but have a pretty substantial upper. They are new and still being broken in, but are much better than the other shoes out there, as they have a 5-6mm sole and zero drop. In wet weather, they keep my feet dry and offer good grip, but in the dry my treks are much more comfortable.

To err is human, to arr is pirate.
« Reply #810 on: June 03, 2012, 11:36:11 PM »

Shiraz-mataz

Shiraz-mataz is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #811 on: June 04, 2012, 01:45:18 PM »

My 80 year-old mother recently visited from out of state to attend our son's high school graduation; she hasn't been here since before we bought our first pair of Vibrams.  Mom likes to stay busy and insisted upon sweeping.  When she got to the corner of the room where my daughter and I tend to throw our VFF's, she paused and then scrunched her face into a perplexed look.  Though she didn't say a word I could just tell what was going on in her head... She poked at them with her broom, shook her head, and moved on.  She didn't ask and I didn't tell (she would never understand)!
armadillo76

armadillo76 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #812 on: June 04, 2012, 02:55:09 PM »

When I'm wearing my VFFs out in public, I'm afraid of shocking people when they see my shoes. Does anyone have experience with that?
I know a few people who find the VFFs scary, even when they had time to get used to the view...

Being different is shocking in our society. I have a handlebar moustache so I am used to kids laughing behind my back, odd comments ("Is it real?" is the handlebar equivalent of "Are those shoes?") but also good compliments. Haven't had the VFF as long as my moustache (near 22 years) but I just try to educate people on how good they are and why I wear them (because I don't enjoy constant foot pain).
I try not to be too serious but I don't think I have had anyone admit to being scared of them;-})
AndyB, NH.

KSO Trek
KomodoSport
KSO
Bormio
Trek LS
Flow
kissel

kissel is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #813 on: June 04, 2012, 05:46:41 PM »

When I'm wearing my VFFs out in public, I'm afraid of shocking people when they see my shoes. Does anyone have experience with that?
I know a few people who find the VFFs scary, even when they had time to get used to the view...

Being different is shocking in our society. I have a handlebar moustache so I am used to kids laughing behind my back, odd comments ("Is it real?" is the handlebar equivalent of "Are those shoes?") but also good compliments. Haven't had the VFF as long as my moustache (near 22 years) but I just try to educate people on how good they are and why I wear them (because I don't enjoy constant foot pain).
I try not to be too serious but I don't think I have had anyone admit to being scared of them;-})
AndyB, NH.

That cookie duster is awesome!  Almost Groucho Marx-ish!  All you need is a cigar.

I've been accused of starting a ZZ-Top beard, but my soup strainer can't keep up with it.  I end up getting called Abe Lincoln or Amish a lot.
« Reply #813 on: June 04, 2012, 05:46:41 PM »

armadillo76

View Profile
« Reply #814 on: June 04, 2012, 06:55:23 PM »

Thanks! I don't grow a great beard (it fills in eventually) and I can't compete with some giant moustaches out there but I like my handlebar. The key to growing one is to not trim it. Better to just grow everything out and then style it. Now, if it isn't waxed it's almost impossible for me to eat and even brushing my teeth takes one hand to hold it out of the way while the other brushes! Oh the trials and tribulations;-})
I'm sometimes on this site: http://www.handlebarclubforum.org
I find it interesting that kids who have metal piercings, tattoos, those ear things that stretch into holes (none of which I object to, they're doing their own thing) will find my moustache laughable (VFFs too). People are funny, AndyB, NH.

KSO Trek
KomodoSport
KSO
Bormio
Trek LS
Flow
Frogshoes

Frogshoes is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #815 on: June 04, 2012, 10:29:00 PM »

Had a bystander point out my kso's to one of his friends, the friend responded saying he had a pair of skeletoes, and he really liked them i really wanted to say something to him about the difference but I decided to keep my mouth shut

Black kso 43 ->old road runners. retired, use a casuals and mud racing
Black/Gold Komodo Sport 43
New Balance MT20(not 100% minimalist but they are step closer)
See ya LS-> new road runners.
toh-shu

toh-shu is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #816 on: June 04, 2012, 11:22:18 PM »

Thanks! I don't grow a great beard (it fills in eventually) and I can't compete with some giant moustaches out there but I like my handlebar. The key to growing one is to not trim it. Better to just grow everything out and then style it. Now, if it isn't waxed it's almost impossible for me to eat and even brushing my teeth takes one hand to hold it out of the way while the other brushes! Oh the trials and tribulations;-})
I find it interesting that kids who have metal piercings, tattoos, those ear things that stretch into holes (none of which I object to, they're doing their own thing) will find my moustache laughable (VFFs too). People are funny, AndyB, NH.

A handle bar forum! So bad ass!

Had a bystander point out my kso's to one of his friends, the friend responded saying he had a pair of skeletoes, and he really liked them i really wanted to say something to him about the difference but I decided to keep my mouth shut

oh i would be on the ball about correcting that one, don't want people to confuse the two and end up buying the crap shoes.

My VFFs: Black/Grey TrekSports (Torn and fixed sort of.  Sad), Grey/palm KSOs, White/Grey/Red Bikilas, Brown/Black Spyridon LS, White/Black Speeds

NB MT10
DrBig74

DrBig74 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #817 on: June 04, 2012, 11:40:40 PM »

Love it!  Why not follow the commercial nd start your own underground handlebar moustache Fight club!  Rock it!

Be well!

DrBig74
armadillo76

View Profile
« Reply #818 on: June 05, 2012, 12:05:25 AM »

Because mustaches should be used for peace, not violence (and rides, wink wink, nudge nudge he says knowingly)! Besides, my moustache doesn't have the reach some of the English and German mustaches have.
AndyB, NH.

KSO Trek
KomodoSport
KSO
Bormio
Trek LS
Flow
kissel

kissel is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #819 on: June 05, 2012, 09:39:32 AM »

Because mustaches should be used for peace, not violence (and rides, wink wink, nudge nudge he says knowingly)! Besides, my moustache doesn't have the reach some of the English and German mustaches have.
AndyB, NH.

I had a professor at GaTech who had a huge mustache that covered up his mouth.  We used to call him "Mustache Mike".  Looked like Sir Pelinore from The Sword in the Stone.

Sword In The Stone - Sir Pelinore
cincodeos

cincodeos is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #820 on: June 05, 2012, 09:32:10 PM »

One lady working at a store in Universal Studios approached my wife and I and asked us if the shoes where comfortable because she has seen people using them in the park. We where wearing our Komodos. Then one of her coworkers jumped in the conversation and said that she haves the shoes and are the most comfortable shoes she haves!

CincoDeos
Trujillo Alto, PR, USA
Vibram FiveFingers: --Sprints, TrekSport (x2), KMDSport LS, Trek LS, KMDSport(x2), Spyridon LS, Speeds, KSO (x2), Classics, KSO Treks (x4), Bikila, Treksport Sandals
Vivobarefoot: Ra (x5), Evo, Gobi, Hybrid, Jay
Lems; NB Minimus; Tune ; Altra Superior, Provission
armadillo76

View Profile
« Reply #821 on: June 05, 2012, 09:53:36 PM »

I know I thought the same thing. Since they looked so unlike any "shoe" I had ever worn I couldn't imagine what they'd feel like. It is a bit of a hard sell when you have to break your feet into wearing them (at least it was a slow process for me). Usually I ask people how they feel walking bare or sock foot and if that feels good then VFFs would feel good.
AndyB, NH.

KSO Trek
KomodoSport
KSO
Bormio
Trek LS
Flow
DrBig74

DrBig74 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #822 on: June 06, 2012, 12:45:10 AM »

AndyB, NH.
Just kidding with you!  It looks great!  I love seeing people that sport an individual look.
All the best!

Be well!

DrBig74
armadillo76

View Profile
« Reply #823 on: June 06, 2012, 12:54:19 AM »

AndyB, NH.

Just kidding with you!  It looks great!  I love seeing people that sport an individual look.
All the best!

I knew that! I did find this (not sure how to post just the pic):
http://masterofkarateandfriendship.tumblr.com/post/3590778118/guns-dont-kill-people-mustaches-kill-people
A lot of stuff came up googling "mustache guns."
AndyB, NH.

KSO Trek
KomodoSport
KSO
Bormio
Trek LS
Flow
paulr

paulr is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #824 on: June 06, 2012, 06:18:05 AM »

One lady working at a store in Universal Studios approached my wife and I and asked us if the shoes where comfortable because she has seen people using them in the park. We where wearing our Komodos. Then one of her coworkers jumped in the conversation and said that she haves the shoes and are the most comfortable shoes she haves!

I your wife was wearing purple ones, I think I may have saw you - last week ?
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 69
  Print  

Jump to: