BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
September 19, 2014, 11:55:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 68
  Print  
Author Topic: Bystander Comments on Your VFFs and Barefooting  (Read 116884 times)
armadillo76

armadillo76 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #840 on: June 14, 2012, 08:12:52 PM »

What is a good email for Vibram? I've used the send a comment or question thing on the vibramfivefingers.com site and never get a response. I would like a card to hand out. I just had a long talk with someone I know asking me all about them.
AndyB, NH.

KSO Trek
KomodoSport
KSO
Bormio
Trek LS
Flow
« Reply #840 on: June 14, 2012, 08:12:52 PM »

The Yeti

The Yeti is starting to look familiar.The Yeti is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #841 on: June 14, 2012, 11:28:02 PM »

I'm in Canada and got them. They will make sure to get some to you. If you go to the contact section on Vibram's site for whatever country you live in, and ask for ambassador cards, they will get back to you relatively fast.

To err is human, to arr is pirate.
nowster

nowster is starting to look familiar.nowster is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #842 on: June 15, 2012, 06:02:37 AM »

They sent me some in Canada, and I hand them out all the time.
What about those of us on (or on an island just off) a different continent to you?

VFF: M46: Classic, KSO x4, Trek x3, Trek LS, Treksport x2, KMDSport, EL-X, Bikila LS, Spyridon MR, Flow, Signa, Speed, Sprint (fake?), KSO EVO;
       M47: Speed, Classic (too big)
Non-VFF: 46 Merrell Tough Glove, 47 VB Synth Hiker
armadillo76

View Profile
« Reply #843 on: June 15, 2012, 02:14:44 PM »

They sent me some in Canada, and I hand them out all the time.
What about those of us on (or on an island just off) a different continent to you?
In my case I Googled Vibram US and filled the "contact us" form out and they got back to me today. So it looks like I'll have cards in the mail soon!
Curious, what island?
AndyB, NH, USA.

KSO Trek
KomodoSport
KSO
Bormio
Trek LS
Flow
« Reply #843 on: June 15, 2012, 02:14:44 PM »

Horse Rider

Horse Rider is starting to look familiar.Horse Rider is starting to look familiar.

Life without animals is not worth living

View Profile
« Reply #844 on: June 15, 2012, 03:05:36 PM »

I think he is referring to England

Treksport Pink
Bikila Silver/Verde,LS Purple
Flow Black
Sprint Black,Slate/Palmx2,Fuschia,Blue/Aqua
Classic Stormy Sea,Chili,Grey/Orange,Mauvex2,Lilac,Khaki,Suomy,Yellow/Grey,Sand/Dusty Blue,SW Charcoal
Alitza Grey/Rose
Spyridon LS
Stems,Lems,EvoII,Off Rd Hi,Boxing Boot,Lucy Lite,Konvinesx2
paulr

paulr is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #845 on: June 15, 2012, 03:23:55 PM »

Well, thats one part of the island....  Wink Wink
armadillo76

View Profile
« Reply #846 on: June 15, 2012, 03:46:36 PM »

Could be Ireland, or one of the Isles (Isle of Mann and White come to mind). Now that I look at his Profile I see it lists the U.K.
Is there a way to have our location show up in the bit next to messages? It would be interesting and handy (in the case of VFFs for sale). Just a thought.
I can see some confusion. Normally I could go to a worldwide site and do the "select your country or region" to get the site aimed at me. Not sure about the U.K. site. I did find this:
http://www.vibram.com/index.php/us/CONTACT-US/Contacts
Which at least has some international contacts. Googling Vibram UK seems to come up with what appear to be stores and not an official site.
AndyB, NH.

KSO Trek
KomodoSport
KSO
Bormio
Trek LS
Flow
nowster

View Profile
« Reply #847 on: June 15, 2012, 03:53:33 PM »

Well, that's one part of the island....  Wink Wink
Indeed. It's a common mistake that people from the other side of the Pond make.

The island is Great Britain, and that island is split into England, Scotland and Wales. Northern Ireland, though part of the United Kingdom (but some of its residents would say it should be otherwise), is in the British Isles, but on the island of Ireland. It should go without saying that Ireland (the bits of the island of Ireland that aren't in Northern Ireland) is a separate country, yet it also contains the northernmost point of the island of Ireland. The Isle of Man is part of the British Isles but is not part of the UK. The Channel Islands, though British, are neither part of the UK nor part of the British Isles.

England is a country, as is Scotland. Wales is a principality. Northern Ireland is a province.

Confused? You should be.

VFF: M46: Classic, KSO x4, Trek x3, Trek LS, Treksport x2, KMDSport, EL-X, Bikila LS, Spyridon MR, Flow, Signa, Speed, Sprint (fake?), KSO EVO;
Horse Rider

Horse Rider is starting to look familiar.Horse Rider is starting to look familiar.

Life without animals is not worth living

View Profile
« Reply #848 on: June 15, 2012, 04:05:16 PM »

I am well aware of all of that nowster, down to the last detail, I just thought I read some posts from you that led me to believe you were in England specifically.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 04:06:49 PM by Horse Rider » Logged

Treksport Pink
Bikila Silver/Verde,LS Purple
Flow Black
Sprint Black,Slate/Palmx2,Fuschia,Blue/Aqua
Classic Stormy Sea,Chili,Grey/Orange,Mauvex2,Lilac,Khaki,Suomy,Yellow/Grey,Sand/Dusty Blue,SW Charcoal
Alitza Grey/Rose
Spyridon LS
Stems,Lems,EvoII,Off Rd Hi,Boxing Boot,Lucy Lite,Konvinesx2
nowster

View Profile
« Reply #849 on: June 15, 2012, 04:34:39 PM »

I just thought I read some posts from you that led me to believe you were in England specifically.
Yes, you're right. I am.

cincodeos

cincodeos is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #850 on: June 15, 2012, 07:10:13 PM »

Is this about politics or barefooting?

CincoDeos
Trujillo Alto, PR, USA
Vibram FiveFingers: --Sprints, TrekSport (x2), KMDSport LS, Trek LS, KMDSport(x2), Spyridon LS, Speeds, KSO (x2), Classics, KSO Treks (x4), Bikila, Treksport Sandals
Vivobarefoot: Ra (x5), Evo, Gobi, Hybrid, Jay
Lems; NB Minimus; Tune ; Altra Superior, Provission
armadillo76

View Profile
« Reply #851 on: June 15, 2012, 10:38:14 PM »

Huh? I think it started as how to get the VFF ambassador cards outside of North America, an island was mentioned and then a short education of the island of Great Britain and surroundings geography.
Where are you seeing politics? Though I suppose there is the politics of bare footing/minimalist shoes.
Back to the topic, no comments today but a look from a lady while dining. I saw her look at the shoes, then me, then the shoes. Didn't say anything though.
G'night, AndyB, NH.

KSO Trek
KomodoSport
KSO
Bormio
Trek LS
Flow
nowster

View Profile
« Reply #852 on: June 15, 2012, 10:59:18 PM »

No, it was geography, about which I was being a little playful.

The point is, Vibram USA sends out ambassador cards to people in USA and Canada who request them. Vibram Europe seems to be a lot less gregarious.

barefootin

barefootin is a regular 'round here.barefootin is a regular 'round here.barefootin is a regular 'round here.

My Sneakers

View Profile
« Reply #853 on: June 18, 2012, 07:32:36 PM »

In the Midwest on business and went for a jog in a development behind where I'm staying. 

I heard a car then I hear....
"Hippie", Yo, Hippy" 
I turned to look and the guy goes yeah you, Hippie...  You seriously running barefoot....?
I just smiled, and yelled "nothin better" and continued on.....

I'm curious, when others hear Hippie what do you think?  I think long hair, twig thin, the dead, barefoot girls in summer dresses (Ah, Joss Stone)Cheesy, Vanagon's, etc.  Me, muscular build and my hair is tight 3/8" top 1/16" sides and cut every 2 weeks.  It's been that way since I gave up the mullet many many many years ago Grin.

I prefer to do it bare... 
See or "Feel" the world before they blow it up or pave it over.
DrBig74

DrBig74 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #854 on: June 20, 2012, 02:12:49 PM »

In the Midwest on business and went for a jog in a development behind where I'm staying. 

I heard a car then I hear....
"Hippie", Yo, Hippy" 
I turned to look and the guy goes yeah you, Hippie...  You seriously running barefoot....?
I just smiled, and yelled "nothin better" and continued on.....

I'm curious, when others hear Hippie what do you think?  I think long hair, twig thin, the dead, barefoot girls in summer dresses (Ah, Joss Stone)Cheesy, Vanagon's, etc.  Me, muscular build and my hair is tight 3/8" top 1/16" sides and cut every 2 weeks.  It's been that way since I gave up the mullet many many many years ago Grin.

You are correct.  I travel quite a bit, but in many parts of the mid-West, USA, hippie means that you are doing something different than "normal folk" in that area, and they don't like it.  Had a young adult (kid, really) tell me that "if it ain't country, it's crap!" To each his/her own.  Ignorance is bliss, but normal, I guess.  BTW- I have many friends that are real cowboys, so I mean no offense to anything country!  Smiley

Be well!

DrBig74
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 68
  Print  

Jump to: