BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
October 23, 2014, 11:49:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help! Intense heel pain  (Read 1015 times)
sailorwind

sailorwind is a new face.

View Profile
« on: April 05, 2012, 10:47:53 PM »

Some of you may recognize me from around this board.  I've been wearing VFFs for at least two years.  For a while I slipped back into a regular shoe routine, but my back started KILLING me and I developed sciatica, so I switched back to VFFs and fast flats (for work where I can't wear VFFs) and those cleared up basically immediately.  After I switched back, I decided to try running (I've never been a runner).  I ran for maybe two weeks using the C25K phone app to ensure I didn't overdo it.  Then the first week in March I was out of the country and I haven't been runnining since the end of February.  The reason I hadn't gotten back to running is because shortly after I returned home, my heels started bothering me.  Now, I know everyone's first thought with heel pain is plantar fasciitis, but I had PF a few years back. It was the reason I decided to give VFFs a try and it went away and never came back until last week, slightly, in my left foot and I think it's BECAUSE of this heel pain.  they hurt all the time.  It's like I'm walking on nervy pads.  It's not any worse in the morning or after rest, it's equally bad all day long and getting more painful day by day.  In fact, if anything, I'd say they get worse when standing or walking for more than five minutes at a time.  I don't see how it can be an exercise injury, the pain has kept me from walking more than half a mile at any given time and that at a slow pace.  My feet felt better for about two days after I got a pedicure last week that came with an awesome foot massage, but I can't figure out how to treat it on a more daily basis.

Could this possibly be from my VFFs?  My back can't handle me switching back to pod shoes.  I'm at a loss for what to do.
« on: April 05, 2012, 10:47:53 PM »

jmijares

jmijares is well known.jmijares is well known.jmijares is well known.jmijares is well known.

South Tower of the Golden Gate Bridge. 750 ft ASL.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2012, 06:03:04 AM »

If the foot massage made it feel better then it sounds like it could be something to do with the muscles by your heel.  Did you do a lot of walking around or hiking in VFFs while you were out of the country?  Is it the base of the heel, back of the heel, or sides that hurt?

------------------------------------------------
3200 Miles in minimalist shoes since 17 April 2010

Currently running in B2R Raja Trainer

"Do you believe a man can change his destiny?"
"I believe a man does what he can, until his destiny is revealed."
- The Last Samurai
sailorwind

sailorwind is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2012, 09:46:38 AM »

My vacation consisted of very little walking and a lot od sitting in various scenic places with a drink in my hand reading a good book. I very much wish I was back there. I don't see how it could have hurt my heels. The pain is mainly on the bottoms of my heels though it definitely creeps up the sides.
vffjeeper04

vffjeeper04 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2012, 09:57:06 PM »

I think I'm getting achillis tendonitis and its pain in the pack of my heel..you could be having a more severe case.

VFF's: M42 Classics (Walnut/Brown), M41 Flows (Black), M41 Speeds (Black and white), M41 KSO Treks (Black)
Non VFF's: Barefeet, NB Minimus MB10, Inov8 Evoskin M (Smoke)
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2012, 09:57:06 PM »

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: