BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
July 25, 2014, 07:18:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: how long does the soles of vibram five fingers last?  (Read 1900 times)
minn31

minn31 is a new face.

View Profile
« on: October 07, 2010, 02:04:53 PM »

hello (: do you guys mind i check with your how long does the soles of vibram five fingers last if you use it for everyday use and perhap 1 week 2-3 times run? (: hope you guys and share with me (:
« on: October 07, 2010, 02:04:53 PM »

toastergirl

toastergirl is a regular 'round here.toastergirl is a regular 'round here.toastergirl is a regular 'round here.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2010, 02:16:01 PM »

I have had my  KSOs...(my first VFFs -- so they got LOTS of wear until I got other pairs) and wore them a LOT in the beginning and did lots of running.  I still wear this pair quite a bit and so far the soles are holding up great! the thing that wears out on the KSOs (for me) was the strap.  there is a thread on ways to fix/prevent that.  I recently just re-enforced mine with duct tape and that seems to work rahter well.  I have had this pair of KSO's since June 2009. 

"A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame sombody else" --Pre
taylordmd

taylordmd is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2010, 02:44:00 PM »

I have roughly 200km of running on each of my KSO's and Bikilas, have owned the KSO's since April and the Bikilas since July, and have worn quite a bit of the thickness of the big and second toes away.  I guess there's something wrong with my form, but I don't know what it is and have done a LOT of reading and experimenting to try and figure it out. I'm thinking that if I get some time to run on a track this winter I"ll try to go barefoot and see what happens. That being said, for those of us without perfect form they don't wear as well as I had hoped.  I expect within another 100km I'll have pretty much worn right through the toes of my KSO's, and hopefully I'll get another 200km on the bikilas before I'm more truly barefoot!
Ardent

Ardent is making a name for themselves.Ardent is making a name for themselves.Ardent is making a name for themselves.Ardent is making a name for themselves.Ardent is making a name for themselves.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2010, 05:20:07 PM »

I am up to 765 miles on my sprints. worn through both heels but just stick some old inner tube on and keep going.

Jason

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2010, 05:20:07 PM »

hippierunner

hippierunner is well known.hippierunner is well known.hippierunner is well known.hippierunner is well known.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2010, 05:55:15 PM »

I have about 1000mi on my first pair of classics and they have probably another 500mi left I'm guessing.  This pair is from 2008, before the large wave of quality issues.
taylordmd

taylordmd is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2010, 08:51:41 PM »

Jason, what did you use to stick the inner tube on? I tried it with a contact rubber cement that even said for shoes on it, but the patches fell off between 4 and 15km later. 
toastergirl

toastergirl is a regular 'round here.toastergirl is a regular 'round here.toastergirl is a regular 'round here.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2010, 09:02:44 AM »

What about a neoprene patch kit -- like for a wetsuit -- its liquid neoprene...perhaps that would work well with the rubber tubing??

"A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame sombody else" --Pre
delucio

delucio is a regular 'round here.delucio is a regular 'round here.delucio is a regular 'round here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2010, 10:14:51 AM »

I think I have read that people use shoe goo and then stick on some inner tube. My sprints fore foot wore out quickly, but when I started running with them my foot would drag a lot. I may try that trick that way I can put some more miles on my sprints.

http://barefootdallas.blogspot.com

BaReFoOt  DaLlAs
Ardent

Ardent is making a name for themselves.Ardent is making a name for themselves.Ardent is making a name for themselves.Ardent is making a name for themselves.Ardent is making a name for themselves.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2010, 03:29:16 PM »

Taylordmd

I just use a rubber solution glue from the bike shop. To be fair some of my attempts have last a lot longer than others. One repair has lasted a couple of months others have not made it back from the run. For this particular rubber solution it seems to like glue on both the shoe and the patch. Let both become dry(ish) then stick together.

Jason

taylordmd

taylordmd is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2010, 06:41:19 PM »

That sounds like what I did, I guess I'll just have to try again.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: