BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
August 31, 2014, 12:16:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Poll
Question: How many days do you run each week?
1-2 days
3-4 days
4-5 days
5-6 days
Everyday
Not a runner
I perfer to walk

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: How many days do you run each week?  (Read 1331 times)
rookhoe

rookhoe is a new face.

View Profile
« on: May 03, 2012, 11:07:24 PM »

I was running yesterday and thinking about how often other people run. I know different people have different/busy schedules, but lets see what everyone has to say. I run 5-6 days a week. Ive been increasing my mileage and found that I sometimes need 2 days in the week for rest.

Furthest distance in VFF: 12 miles
Furthest distance in NB Zero Trail: 12 miles
VFF: KSO M43, Bikila LS M43
Non VFF: NB Minimus Zero Trail
« on: May 03, 2012, 11:07:24 PM »

Horse Rider

Horse Rider is starting to look familiar.Horse Rider is starting to look familiar.

Life without animals is not worth living

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2012, 12:29:04 AM »

1 to 2 for me, I also do yoga, hiking and circuit training so it's enough.

Treksport Pink
Bikila Silver/Verde,LS Purple
Flow Black
Sprint Black,Slate/Palmx2,Fuschia,Blue/Aqua
Classic Stormy Sea,Chili,Grey/Orange,Mauvex2,Lilac,Khaki,Suomy,Yellow/Grey,Sand/Dusty Blue,SW Charcoal
Alitza Grey/Rose
Spyridon LS
Stems,Lems,EvoII,Off Rd Hi,Boxing Boot,Lucy Lite,Konvinesx2
nowster

nowster is starting to look familiar.nowster is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2012, 06:38:20 AM »

There's an option missing: "I don't currently run."

Yeah, OK, I jogged 50m to the postbox and back yesterday, but I don't think that counts.

VFF: M46: Classic, KSO x4, Trek x3, Trek LS, Treksport x2, KMDSport, EL-X, Bikila LS, Spyridon MR, Flow, Signa, Speed, Sprint (fake?), KSO EVO;
       M47: Speed, Classic (too big)
Non-VFF: 46 Merrell Tough Glove, 47 VB Synth Hiker
SteveM

SteveM is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2012, 08:10:07 AM »

I train 6 days a week between weight training and cardio (mostly heavy bag work with some elliptical machine).  I don't run though.  With my history of back pain coupled with my obvious heel striking while running, well you know how that goes.  Now though, since I started wearing VFFs, I've been thinking of giving it a try.  There are times when away from home that it would be great to be able to just go out and run.  As long as I can do it pain free, or at least close to it, I would love to start. 

Black KSO Treks, Komodos, Black/camo KSO, Black Sprints, Blue See Yas
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2012, 08:10:07 AM »

Jeepman

Jeepman is well known.Jeepman is well known.Jeepman is well known.Jeepman is well known.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2012, 04:18:01 PM »

I normally run 3 days a week. Some times I do 4 runs, but that is rare. I tend to have better runs and times when I give myself additional time to recover.

Arch support?... We don't need no stinking arch support!
Mr. Leigh
Superstar

Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.

23 pair VFFs, 3 pair Stems, 5 VB, & 2 Teva

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2012, 04:22:43 PM »

Not a runner.

So be sure when you step.
Step with care and great tact and remember that Life's a Great Balancing Act.
Just never forget to be dexterous and deft. 
And never mix up your right foot and your left.

Oh, the Places You'll Go! by Dr. Suess
JustinB

JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2012, 04:27:46 PM »

Currently none due to baseball season, but usually, 3 days a week.

42 Grey/Palm/Clay KSO, 43 Black Classic, 44 Black Moc, 43 Black/White Speed,43 Grey/Green Bikila LS, 43 Black/Day Glow SeeYa
44 Black/White Vivobarefoot Neo, 43 Black Vivobarefoot Ra
BearFooted
Global Moderator

BearFooted is a regular 'round here.BearFooted is a regular 'round here.BearFooted is a regular 'round here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2012, 06:30:44 PM »

Usually... 0 out of 7.

Check out all of the articles I have written for BirthdayShoes.com!
PB Junkie

PB Junkie is starting to look familiar.PB Junkie is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2012, 06:54:15 PM »

Usually four days a week. One day, usually Friday, is a complete rest from exercise day. Wednesday and Sundays are leg strength and core workouts.

VFFs: KSO W40, Treksport W40, Bikila W40, Jaya LR W41, Komodosport LS W40, KSO Trek W40, Spyridon LS W40, Bikila LS W40
Other:Merrell Trail Glove M 7.5, Merrell Sonic Glove M 7.5, VB Neo W41, VB Off Road Hi W41, Merrell Delight W9, VB Breatho Trail W40, Runamoc Dash U9, Merrell Road Glove M7.5
Sablewings

Sablewings is starting to look familiar.Sablewings is starting to look familiar.

Sablewings

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2012, 07:02:47 PM »

When I tried to train for a 5k I went out for a run 3 times a week. Tried to push it to 4 but couldn't manage - 3 times a week from the previous nothing at all was enough...!

I'm not training currently. Now I just enjoy breaking into short bursts of running when I'm out for a walk. I find that quite fun.

Guy on a busy Tube Train staring at my VFF's:   "You wearing those things down here, eh... [shakes head]  Don't you know this is a place of tranquility?"

~~VFF Speeds White~~VFF Speeds Black~~Vivobarefoot Lucy Black and Blue/Grey~~Vivobarefoot Aqua Lites Red~~Vivobarefoot Neo Trail Black~~
chemexkev

chemexkev is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2012, 12:43:34 AM »

"not a runner" --but i walk anywhere from 4 to 10 miles on a daily basis.
rookhoe

rookhoe is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2012, 01:41:07 AM »

I completely overlooked the fact that not everyone is a runner (sorry  Embarrassed ) and added the option of "not a runner". Someone else added "I prefer to walk", thank you for that.

Furthest distance in VFF: 12 miles
Furthest distance in NB Zero Trail: 12 miles
VFF: KSO M43, Bikila LS M43
Non VFF: NB Minimus Zero Trail
UpNorth

UpNorth is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2012, 10:47:37 AM »

I answered based on my usual routine, which is to run 3-4/week.  I also go toPilates 2-3/week and yoga 2-3/ week.  Sometimes that makes it difficult to fit in running. But with the return of good weather, I'm more motivated to find a way to get my runs in.

The other factor for me is I recently adopted a small dog. I've found that taking her out is more fun than my solo runs as she is just so joyful.  On our daily outings, we usually go for 2-3 miles. That time includes sprints at speeds I had no idea I could achieve, plain walking, trotting, and a good deal of standing around while she sniffs or says hello to other dogs.  Indulging her, and me, in that way takes priority.   To accommodate the sudden stops, starts, and direction changes and the acrobatics sometimes needed to avoid stepping on or kicking her, I recently got a pair of komodo LS.  I'm pleased with them.  But when I run for me, I prefer my SeeYas.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 12:44:54 PM by UpNorth » Logged

Laura
BarefootLifeguard

BarefootLifeguard is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2012, 11:11:25 AM »

I try not to adhere to a strict schedule, I prefer to keep my running for fun without being too competetive. Generally I will run 2-3 days a week with school and work, I took a long break recently too so I have to get back in the swing of things!

The best shoe is still no shoe.
cincodeos

cincodeos is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2012, 12:55:05 AM »

I walk 1 to 3 times a week and do martial arts 2 times a week. But wear my vffs most the time.

CincoDeos
Trujillo Alto, PR, USA
Vibram FiveFingers: --Sprints, TrekSport (x2), KMDSport LS, Trek LS, KMDSport(x2), Spyridon LS, Speeds, KSO (x2), Classics, KSO Treks (x4), Bikila, Treksport Sandals
Vivobarefoot: Ra (x5), Evo, Gobi, Hybrid, Jay
Lems; NB Minimus; Tune ; Altra Superior, Provission
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: