BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
October 30, 2014, 09:42:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Komodo?  (Read 2310 times)
JonJon

JonJon is a new face.

View Profile
« on: November 06, 2010, 11:54:22 AM »

I was wondering if there has been any news on the release date of the Komodo Sport?  Aside from the original pre release info page here, I have heard nothing... I am still debating on if I should wait for the Komodo of go buy some KSO trek sports...
« on: November 06, 2010, 11:54:22 AM »

Barefootin Family

Barefootin Family is starting to look familiar.Barefootin Family is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2010, 01:27:36 PM »

I'm not sure if anything has changed from the release information that's in the article. But I can offer my opinion on the Trek Sports. The Komodos seem like they are geared more toward a happy medium between the Bikilas & Treks or Trek Sports. If you plan to do a lot of both, running and trail running, and you only want 1 pair, the Komodos may be your best bet. If you're planning to spend a lot of time on the trail, you might want to get the Trek Sports. I have a pair and love them on the trails. I do more hiking than trail running, but the grip they give you to climb and descend hills, especially when it's a little wet and muddy, makes them my favorites for outdoor activities. The Komodos just seem like more aggressive Bikilas.  Smiley
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 01:31:41 PM by Barefootin Family » Logged

Be free.
JonJon

JonJon is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2010, 03:18:13 PM »

well they would be my 5th pair... so if the Komodo's are not too far off I would gladly wait for them.  If they do not seen be scheduled for release until late 2011 I would probably go ahead and get some trek sports, then eventually later on get the komodos.  I currently own KSOs(2 pair), Classics, and Bikilas.  Every pair has their uses...  just looking to add another pair to the collection.
KayakCentre

KayakCentre is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2010, 05:32:46 PM »

The Komodo Sport will be Released on 2/15/2011.....

The Design of the shoe is based around use in Cross Fit work outs - an all around VFF.
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2010, 05:32:46 PM »

crueda101

crueda101 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2010, 05:59:21 PM »

The Design of the shoe is based around use in Cross Fit work outs - an all around VFF.

You just made my day. Thank you.
I've wanted to know when they were coming out since I saw them. i'm so getting them.
Zephyr

Zephyr is starting to look familiar.Zephyr is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2010, 09:31:34 PM »

Has everyone noticed that unlike in Bikila,
(1) Komodo features an extra heel strap, and
(2) the instep strap is anchored to the sole rubber at both sides rather than to the foot sock of the vamps?

BTW, I guess the name of Komodo stands for the island or the lizard (most likely the latter), but can anyone tell the etymologic origin of that toponym? I failed to find it out.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 10:14:20 PM by Zephyr » Logged
Barefootin Family

Barefootin Family is starting to look familiar.Barefootin Family is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2010, 11:27:25 PM »

Is there an American catalog out yet for 2011? I've seen the European one.

Be free.
JonJon

JonJon is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2010, 05:37:37 PM »

AWESOME!!! 3 days after my birthday!!! lets just see if they will actually be released or pushed back a month or two...
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 11:00:26 AM by JonJon » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: