BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
September 17, 2014, 11:39:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: lots of VFFs on American Ninja Warrior  (Read 1368 times)
Road Dog

Road Dog is a new face.

View Profile
« on: May 21, 2012, 11:01:46 PM »

So I am a big fan of the original 'Ninja Warrior' (a Japanese show featuring a pretty wicked obstacle course) so I am checking out the American version on NBC this evening and it seems like a lot of the competitors are in VFFs. 
« on: May 21, 2012, 11:01:46 PM »

Road Dog

Road Dog is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 11:21:07 PM »

schedules? I have never seen the show.
the Amirican version is Sundays at 8pm on G4 TV or Mondays at 8 on NBC.  The original re-runs most afternoons on G4 TV
Slolane

Slolane is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2012, 11:57:05 AM »

Great show, I will have to watch some new ones for check out the VFF's. Thanks!

Vibram FiveFingers: Bikila LS (black/green), Speed (blue), Speed (black), Trek LS (brown), Trek LS (black), Spyridon (orange)
Vivobarefoot: Ra (black)
Komodo1988

Komodo1988 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2012, 01:19:02 PM »

Ive seen KSOs Bilikas and Komodos.
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2012, 01:19:02 PM »

chokesport

chokesport is a new face.

jiu jitsu freak

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2012, 05:59:32 PM »

I'll have to check it out. Are you able to see if they are really vibrams or not? There are types of water shoes that look alot like vibrams do on your feet from a distance. I have a pair of wetsuit foot socks that could pass for black kso from a distance. I'll have to check out the show, it's definitely possible some of them are vibrams.

Remember success is a journey,not a destination. Have faith in your ability.
Bruce Lee
xmp2k5

xmp2k5 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2012, 06:15:52 PM »

I saw a guy on there who had on some blk/wht speeds.
Komodo1988

Komodo1988 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2012, 06:32:08 PM »

I saw a guy on there who had on some blk/wht speeds.

Yea i watched a episode last night.
BlackFoxSees

BlackFoxSees is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2012, 07:30:36 AM »

I watched some regional finals tonight. The Jumping Bars must be twice as high as on the Japan course. No one could make it up to those things.

So far I've seen KSO's, Sprints, and what might have been Bikilas. I don't think any of those completed the course, though.
BearFooted
Global Moderator

BearFooted is a regular 'round here.BearFooted is a regular 'round here.BearFooted is a regular 'round here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2012, 04:18:45 PM »

I can't watch that show anymore.  After years of watching Sasuke on G4 that show bores me to death.  I did turn it on for a moment or two when it premiered on NBC.  I was surprised at how many VFF I saw.  It was like a walking Vibram commercial.

Check out all of the articles I have written for BirthdayShoes.com!
JustinB

JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2012, 04:38:32 PM »

I can't watch that show anymore.  After years of watching Sasuke on G4 that show bores me to death.  I did turn it on for a moment or two when it premiered on NBC.  I was surprised at how many VFF I saw.  It was like a walking Vibram commercial.

I really do prefer the original to the new American version.  I don't like that they will not show the Americans on Sasuke or the Japanese during the American show.

42 Grey/Palm/Clay KSO, 43 Black Classic, 44 Black Moc, 43 Black/White Speed,43 Grey/Green Bikila LS, 43 Black/Day Glow SeeYa
44 Black/White Vivobarefoot Neo, 43 Black Vivobarefoot Ra
BearFooted
Global Moderator

BearFooted is a regular 'round here.BearFooted is a regular 'round here.BearFooted is a regular 'round here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2012, 05:42:44 PM »

I have not paid enough attention... Is this a separate course completly?  I thought they were auditioning to go to the Japanese show... at least that is how American Ninja Warrior was run when I watched the first season.  It was like an audition for the Japanese show. 

Check out all of the articles I have written for BirthdayShoes.com!
Road Dog

Road Dog is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2012, 06:54:24 PM »

I have not paid enough attention...

This time it is all done here in the US. It looks like they are doing qualifying rounds in 4 regions and the final in La Vegas.  I keep hearing the phrase "brought Mount Midoriyama to the US"
acc

acc is starting to look familiar.acc is starting to look familiar.

YOU are the Technology

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2012, 04:51:15 PM »

Well seeing as Myself, Russelis Perry, Shane Daniels, Brian Orosco, Jake Hilton, and Yugi Urushihara have all used Vibram Five Fingers shoes on either the ANW or Sasuke course with good results it seems a no brainer for them to get Vibram as their sponsor.

They could even bring out some test pairs in various sizes and let competitors try them out on the course, and get a TON of exposure. Vibrams sales would probably double overnight when everone sees many of the ANW competitors using these funny looking shoes.

http://forums.g4tv.com/showpost.php?p=2462773&postcount=11

Seems like a logical thing that you would train in them.

Now I know why people ask if my "ninja shoes" work.

Some other people on g4 disagree:
I don't understand why people recommend Vibram Five Fingers. They're ugly, have average grip at best and their ad campaign is a joke. Tack on that outrageous price tag and you have me raging up and down the mall, all because of the little asian man that tried to tell me these "running shoes" were "good for my feet".

http://forums.g4tv.com/showthread.php?p=2978526
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 04:57:00 PM by acc » Logged

Looking for sale /coupons at VFF/Injinji stores (authorized dealers only) Waiting for 3mm soled leather VFF oxford (not Capri) and KSO EVO.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: