BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
October 31, 2014, 03:41:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
  Print  
Author Topic: Never seen before VFF  (Read 11156 times)
Lyonel

Lyonel is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2012, 01:24:49 PM »

the Five Finger EL-X sole, they actually don't market it as a running platform.
One of the two male versions is going to be all blacked out.

And about the Treksport LS, it's going to be called Treksport Sandal.

No Bormio LS but the Bormio itself is still in production for 2013.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 01:52:38 PM by Lyonel » Logged

Bikila - Bikila LS (2x) - Bormio - Classic (2x) - Komodosport - Komodosport LS - KSO Trek (retired) - KSO Treksport - Trek LS (2x) - Seeya - Sorrento - Speed - Spyridon LS - KSO Remix - ElX

Adipure Lace Trainer-Original Luna ATS laces-LEMS Boulder Boot
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2012, 01:24:49 PM »

JustinB

JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2012, 01:31:15 PM »

Nice find... I believe that is the sole that is going on the revamped "classic" it's the original sole on steroids. 

42 Grey/Palm/Clay KSO, 43 Black Classic, 44 Black Moc, 43 Black/White Speed,43 Grey/Green Bikila LS, 43 Black/Day Glow SeeYa
44 Black/White Vivobarefoot Neo, 43 Black Vivobarefoot Ra
Lyonel

Lyonel is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2012, 01:49:49 PM »

The revamped classic is going to be a ladies only model.
Like the purple one in the right bottom corner but without the straps thingies.

Bikila - Bikila LS (2x) - Bormio - Classic (2x) - Komodosport - Komodosport LS - KSO Trek (retired) - KSO Treksport - Trek LS (2x) - Seeya - Sorrento - Speed - Spyridon LS - KSO Remix - ElX

justin
Administrator
Superstar

justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!

Rediscovering my humanity one step at a time.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2012, 02:14:55 PM »

Guys just a reminder that publishing copyrighted images without permission on birthdayshoes *could* get us into trouble, so please be wary of what you post. 

« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2012, 02:14:55 PM »

Mr. Leigh
Superstar

Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.

23 pair VFFs, 3 pair Stems, 5 VB, & 2 Teva

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2012, 02:45:14 PM »

The revamped classic is going to be a ladies only model.
Like the purple one in the right bottom corner but without the straps thingies.

The EL-X that you posted a picture of is the male revamped Classic.  It is what the inventor was holding in the video and screen shots that we already saw.  It has a more closed upper and is not really very Classic-like in my opinion.  There is a female only version also that is more traditional Classic-looking.  It appears to be a new model, yet looks very similar to the Fresca. 

So be sure when you step.
Step with care and great tact and remember that Life's a Great Balancing Act.
Just never forget to be dexterous and deft. 
And never mix up your right foot and your left.

Oh, the Places You'll Go! by Dr. Suess
Lyonel

Lyonel is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2012, 04:00:18 PM »

The picture is from... (drums...) VFF Middle East on FB, so no worries.

The EL-X is for casual and fitness use, low impact they call it. Maybe it's because of the lawsuits they don't dare to say it's for running.

As for the revamped Classic, the Entrada, they discribe it as, and I quote "A sleek take on our original classic".

These are from VFF CZ on FB.

« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 04:21:03 PM by Lyonel » Logged

Mr. Leigh
Superstar

Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2012, 04:22:18 PM »

@ Lyonel

I was being vague and not referring to the models by name for a reason, however I was not arguing that fact that the Entrada is a women's refresh of the Classics.  I was merely pointing out the error about there not being a Classic redesigned for men.  There is, and it is the EL-X.  It is not nearly as open cut as the original Classics, but it was made to replace that product.

Mr. Leigh
Superstar

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2012, 04:30:46 PM »

I am not sure why they are releasing the Entrada and discontinuing the Fresca so quickly.  They seem like nearly the same shoe, except a slightly higher cut on the Fresca.  The Alitza seems like a new spin on the Sprint, which is kind of what we had already figured from the previous glimpse we had of it.  There does not appear to be a Sprint-like option for men coming out.

Lyonel

Lyonel is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2012, 04:36:15 PM »

Aaaaah... okay   Sad Huh  (on the first reply, damn you are so quick)

Well actually I agree with you, the 2013 women model(s)  Wink is more an updated Fresca IMHO.
As for the El-X, there's not going to be a women version so its kinda like a Sorrento - Grado thing, almost. Mistake by VFF?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 04:39:42 PM by Lyonel » Logged

acc

acc is starting to look familiar.acc is starting to look familiar.

YOU are the Technology

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2012, 04:46:38 PM »

I think the EL-X in black is pretty clean looking. However since VFF doesn't recommend it for running I think the tension band on the top is not as secure as a strap or laces.

Looking for sale /coupons at VFF/Injinji stores (authorized dealers only) Waiting for 3mm soled leather VFF oxford (not Capri) and KSO EVO.
justin
Administrator
Superstar

justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2012, 04:59:53 PM »

While those of us diehard males who love the Classic for it's open-top, ease of entry styling want that style carried into other models/future lines, everything I've seen and heard tells me that most guys shy away from both the Classic and the Sprint styles for being too feminine.  It's silly in my opinion, but it is what it is.

So when you look at the El-X vs Entrada, the Sorrento vs the Grado, the Moc vs the Performa ... well there's a pattern there right?

Lyonel

Lyonel is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2012, 05:04:18 PM »

If they had put a strap on it, it would be an updated Seeya, the upper is almost the same.
I guess they didn't want it to compete with the Seeya and that's why they advertise it as casual/fitness and not running.

but... if the groundfeel of the El-X is so much better then its bye bye Seeya.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 05:06:46 PM by Lyonel » Logged

JustinB

JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 18, 2012, 05:07:30 PM »

I think the EL-X in black is pretty clean looking. However since VFF doesn't recommend it for running I think the tension band on the top is not as secure as a strap or laces.

I think they may be pulling back from calling it a "running shoe" as a CYA move.  If the interview was any suggestion, this is going to be very much like a classic but more minimal underneath.  The interview said they were using it for running and cutting on grass and such.  I ALREADY want one... badly.

42 Grey/Palm/Clay KSO, 43 Black Classic, 44 Black Moc, 43 Black/White Speed,43 Grey/Green Bikila LS, 43 Black/Day Glow SeeYa
JustinB

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 18, 2012, 05:11:20 PM »

While those of us diehard males who love the Classic for it's open-top, ease of entry styling want that style carried into other models/future lines, everything I've seen and heard tells me that most guys shy away from both the Classic and the Sprint styles for being too feminine.  It's silly in my opinion, but it is what it is.

So when you look at the El-X vs Entrada, the Sorrento vs the Grado, the Moc vs the Performa ... well there's a pattern there right?

I think you hit the nail on the head Justin.  I think that's why the first cut was to get rid of colors and move to just black.  It was probably the best selling of the classics among men.  The American Male just isn't comfortable wearing something that looks like a ballet slipper.  It took me 6 months to decide I like it.  I wear them now and they are fantastic but it's still a very feminine shoe.  And the sprint just plain looked like a MaryJane... i think it was doomed from the start.

I think we are going to see a couple core models that stick with the unisex styling but then the specialized and newer models are going to be his/hers type releases.

justin
Administrator
Superstar

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: July 18, 2012, 05:11:42 PM »

If they had put a strap on it, it would be an updated Seeya, the upper is almost the same.
I guess they didn't want it to compete with the Seeya and that's why they advertise it as casual/fitness and not running.

but... if the ground feel on the El-X is so much better then its bye bye Seeya.

I think the El-X may be lighter than the SeeYa, so it's got that going for it.  It does seem like the SeeYa may have less sole though (no EVA).

Hunch: the lack of EVA in the SeeYa may actually have contributed to the slop in the heel/lack of structure in the sole (causing the sole to move at odds with the foot from time to time).  There's a weird balance between sole flexibility and functionality/slop/floppiness.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
  Print  

Jump to: