BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
September 01, 2014, 09:50:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
  Print  
Author Topic: Never seen before VFF  (Read 10425 times)
JustinB

JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 18, 2012, 05:17:11 PM »

If they had put a strap on it, it would be an updated Seeya, the upper is almost the same.
I guess they didn't want it to compete with the Seeya and that's why they advertise it as casual/fitness and not running.

but... if the ground feel on the El-X is so much better then its bye bye Seeya.

I think the El-X may be lighter than the SeeYa, so it's got that going for it.  It does seem like the SeeYa may have less sole though (no EVA).

Hunch: the lack of EVA in the SeeYa may actually have contributed to the slop in the heel/lack of structure in the sole (causing the sole to move at odds with the foot from time to time).  There's a weird balance between sole flexibility and functionality/slop/floppiness.

Very apparent in the moc.  It moves on it's own from time to time and you can feel it slipping and sliding around.  This was the same issue zem gear had.  WHile the concept was fantastic, it was basically a sock that twisted and moved on it's own.

42 Grey/Palm/Clay KSO, 43 Black Classic, 44 Black Moc, 43 Black/White Speed,43 Grey/Green Bikila LS, 43 Black/Day Glow SeeYa
44 Black/White Vivobarefoot Neo, 43 Black Vivobarefoot Ra
« Reply #45 on: July 18, 2012, 05:17:11 PM »

justin
Administrator
Superstar

justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!

Rediscovering my humanity one step at a time.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: July 18, 2012, 05:20:59 PM »

If they had put a strap on it, it would be an updated Seeya, the upper is almost the same.
I guess they didn't want it to compete with the Seeya and that's why they advertise it as casual/fitness and not running.

but... if the ground feel on the El-X is so much better then its bye bye Seeya.

I think the El-X may be lighter than the SeeYa, so it's got that going for it.  It does seem like the SeeYa may have less sole though (no EVA).

Hunch: the lack of EVA in the SeeYa may actually have contributed to the slop in the heel/lack of structure in the sole (causing the sole to move at odds with the foot from time to time).  There's a weird balance between sole flexibility and functionality/slop/floppiness.

Very apparent in the moc.  It moves on it's own from time to time and you can feel it slipping and sliding around.  This was the same issue zem gear had.  WHile the concept was fantastic, it was basically a sock that twisted and moved on it's own.

Yep -- exactly my thoughts re: the Moc!  That said, SeeYa is better than the Moc. 

All told, this is why I tend to default back to the opinion that the Sprint/Classic was the best balance yet achieved with the KSO next.  I'm optimistic about the El-X (and I do like the SeeYa -- but I think the LS will be better).

Mr. Leigh
Superstar

Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.

23 pair VFFs, 3 pair Stems, 5 VB, & 2 Teva

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 18, 2012, 05:25:28 PM »

I'm optimistic about the El-X (and I do like the SeeYa -- but I think the LS will be better).

I am on the fence about the EL-X.  I think I am just more agitated that they are toting it as a replacement to my beloved Classics, but I will probably give a pair a try.  I too am eagerly awaiting the See-Ya LS.  If they are as good as I  hope they are, they might make my Speeds obsolete.

So be sure when you step.
Step with care and great tact and remember that Life's a Great Balancing Act.
Just never forget to be dexterous and deft. 
And never mix up your right foot and your left.

Oh, the Places You'll Go! by Dr. Suess
Horse Rider

Horse Rider is starting to look familiar.Horse Rider is starting to look familiar.

Life without animals is not worth living

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 18, 2012, 06:26:03 PM »

Visually and functionally I could go for the purple Alitza, although I am not sure about those ribbony thingies on top of the foot... Undecided It's the first new model since the Bikila that even remotely caught my attention unfortunately.. or fortunately for my wallet.. except the Lontra of course but it's only for the waterproofing, the color is not great...

Treksport Pink
Bikila Silver/Verde,LS Purple
Flow Black
Sprint Black,Slate/Palmx2,Fuschia,Blue/Aqua
Classic Stormy Sea,Chili,Grey/Orange,Mauvex2,Lilac,Khaki,Suomy,Yellow/Grey,Sand/Dusty Blue,SW Charcoal
Alitza Grey/Rose
Spyridon LS
Stems,Lems,EvoII,Off Rd Hi,Boxing Boot,Lucy Lite,Konvinesx2
« Reply #48 on: July 18, 2012, 06:26:03 PM »

BlackFoxSees

BlackFoxSees is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 21, 2012, 02:20:26 AM »

I'm excited for the EL-X, but that includes a dose of skepticism that the upper provides any non-cosmetic benefits. If the upper is flexible enough to be easier to put on than a KSO, how much can it do to keep the shoe on your foot?
Basically, I'm tempted to pick up a pair of classics before the supply dries up, but this potential rival has me thinking twice.
BlackFoxSees

BlackFoxSees is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 21, 2012, 02:39:10 PM »

I nominate monkeyshoes for Thread Hero.
because    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3mm outsole on the EL-X!? Count me in. It would be nice if there were more than one non-black colorway, but whatever, I like what I see. I would probably be willing to try on the Entrada, but it probably won't be available anywhere near my size.
The 2 new watersports models have me really excited. If the Maiori can correct some flaws of the Flow then it might be an interesting alternative to the Lontra for rainy days.

It's really the Signa that I want to try on right this minute, though. It looks like a freaking space ship! It's cool that it's made for aquatic activities, but considering how awesome most VFF's are at that drainage/swimming/etc it's not like they've opened new frontiers or anything there. I just want to test out that crazy new sole and find out how the perforation performs in dry environments (until I take up kayaking just to use the shoe as intended anyway  Grin ). Will it do anything to keep your feet cool and dry when you're just walking around? I'm intrigued, to say the least.
dirkverelst

dirkverelst is well known.dirkverelst is well known.dirkverelst is well known.dirkverelst is well known.

Healing our environment with orgonite.

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 21, 2012, 03:58:59 PM »

3mm outsole, yes, but also 2mm EVA... I`m not saying `count me out`, because I also wear KSO`s, but glad I have a good collection of Classics/Sprints!
I never understood why they added those 2 extra mm`s in the KSO
Steve

Steve is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 23, 2012, 10:26:31 AM »

which model the left side  guy  wearing (look like Sprint but with open back)?
My deception is not in new  Vibram catalogue.

Mr. Leigh
Superstar

Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 23, 2012, 10:28:09 AM »

@ monkeyshoes

Guys just a reminder that publishing copyrighted images without permission on birthdayshoes *could* get us into trouble, so please be wary of what you post. 

We will have to see how the EL-X and other models pan out.  Only time will tell.  As soon as Justin gets his hands or feet on a pair, he will keep us in the loop, as always.

Mr. Leigh
Superstar

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 23, 2012, 10:29:42 AM »

which model the left side  guy  wearing (look like Sprint but with open back)?
My deception is not in new  Vibram catalogue.

This picture, and others were floating around Facebook a while back.  It looks like a Sprint with a trek sole.

Lyonel

Lyonel is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 14, 2013, 01:21:31 PM »

Wow... has Vibram lost it Huh
Look at the thicknes of these soles?

Look here for more: http://www.waitfashion.com/events/wait-live-from-pitti-uomo-83-vibram-fivefingers.html

Bikila - Bikila LS (2x) - Bormio - Classic (2x) - Komodosport - Komodosport LS - KSO Trek (retired) - KSO Treksport - Trek LS (2x) - Seeya - Sorrento - Speed - Spyridon LS - KSO Remix - ElX

Adipure Lace Trainer-Original Luna ATS laces-LEMS Boulder Boot
jlauf

jlauf is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 14, 2013, 01:40:46 PM »

I just looked at the article those pics were pulled from.  The vibram logos on the bottoms don't even say vibram and the stitched vibram looks off.

Komodosport LS, KSO, Bikila
Merrell Trail Glove, Sonic Glove
Lyonel

Lyonel is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 14, 2013, 02:24:12 PM »

100% real

Bikila - Bikila LS (2x) - Bormio - Classic (2x) - Komodosport - Komodosport LS - KSO Trek (retired) - KSO Treksport - Trek LS (2x) - Seeya - Sorrento - Speed - Spyridon LS - KSO Remix - ElX

dirkverelst

dirkverelst is well known.dirkverelst is well known.dirkverelst is well known.dirkverelst is well known.

Healing our environment with orgonite.

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 14, 2013, 05:39:20 PM »

here are some more pictures, taken at the Pitti Uomo fair weekend before last... at the Vibram boot
http://www.waitfashion.com/events/wait-live-from-pitti-uomo-83-vibram-fivefingers.html

so yes very real, and yes very thick soles...  Sad

Lyonel

Lyonel is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 14, 2013, 06:15:29 PM »

Oen die link had ik al gepost zotteke  Grin

As for the unknown source, as described in Justins blog, it's:

http://firenze.repubblica.it/cronaca/2013/01/08/foto/la_nuova_vita_della_sneaker-50132137/

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
  Print  

Jump to: