BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
November 23, 2014, 10:26:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: New Vibram Music Video Parody! Ha!  (Read 1273 times)
cincodeos

cincodeos is a new face.

View Profile
« on: March 25, 2012, 03:47:24 PM »

Flo Rida ft. Sia - Wild Ones (Vibrams Parody)

Enjoy!

CincoDeos
Trujillo Alto, PR, USA
Vibram FiveFingers: --Sprints, TrekSport (x2), KMDSport LS, Trek LS, KMDSport(x2), Spyridon LS, Speeds, KSO (x2), Classics, KSO Treks (x4), Bikila, Treksport Sandals
Vivobarefoot: Ra (x5), Evo, Gobi, Hybrid, Jay
Lems; NB Minimus; Tune ; Altra Superior, Provission
« on: March 25, 2012, 03:47:24 PM »

Stefanie

Stefanie is a new face.

Keep moving!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2012, 05:16:28 PM »

Oh, this is bad.  My brain just melted.

Watch out for TMTS!
Jaya&Jaya LR W39, Bikila&Bikila LS W38, KSO Trek(x2) W38, Classics W39, Classic Smartwool W39, Sprints W39, Lemings W39, VB Brookyn W39, VB Neo Trail W39, VB Kali W39, NB Minimus Zero W8.5, Classic Paillettes W39
Dexter_Morgan23

Dexter_Morgan23 is a new face.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2012, 05:48:25 PM »

haha agreed, not sure what to think of this terrific display of raw talent Tongue

Proud owner of my first pair of Red Remix KSOs as of 08/12/11 at 12:13 pm Cheesy
Leming Natural Origins, Invisible shoes 6mm and 4mm, Altra Adam, Altra Samson (March 5thish), Newton MV2, Aguias Spartan 1
www.minimalistandlovingit.blogspot.com
www.barefootfarm.org Support the Tarahumara
AMD64Blondie

AMD64Blondie is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2012, 12:30:07 AM »

Wait,WTF? I'm just slightly confused by this.Quite wierd,if you ask me.
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2012, 12:30:07 AM »

Stefanie

Stefanie is a new face.

Keep moving!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2012, 09:32:47 AM »

Worst part of it was the dang song was stuck in my head for a little while afterwards.. yuck

Watch out for TMTS!
Jaya&Jaya LR W39, Bikila&Bikila LS W38, KSO Trek(x2) W38, Classics W39, Classic Smartwool W39, Sprints W39, Lemings W39, VB Brookyn W39, VB Neo Trail W39, VB Kali W39, NB Minimus Zero W8.5, Classic Paillettes W39
Jeepman

Jeepman is well known.Jeepman is well known.Jeepman is well known.Jeepman is well known.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2012, 03:57:06 PM »

The only thing I heard was the girl continually pronouncing Vibram incorrectly. It's Vee-Brum not V-eye-Brum.

Arch support?... We don't need no stinking arch support!
JustinB

JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2012, 04:23:15 PM »

The only thing I heard was the girl continually pronouncing Vibram incorrectly. It's Vee-Brum not V-eye-Brum.

Yea, that bothers me too.. lol

42 Grey/Palm/Clay KSO, 43 Black Classic, 44 Black Moc, 43 Black/White Speed,43 Grey/Green Bikila LS, 43 Black/Day Glow SeeYa
44 Black/White Vivobarefoot Neo, 43 Black Vivobarefoot Ra
Dexter_Morgan23

Dexter_Morgan23 is a new face.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2012, 04:32:05 PM »

Yea, that bothers me too.. lol

lol glad I wasn't the only one to notice that xD or find it annoying Tongue

Proud owner of my first pair of Red Remix KSOs as of 08/12/11 at 12:13 pm Cheesy
Leming Natural Origins, Invisible shoes 6mm and 4mm, Altra Adam, Altra Samson (March 5thish), Newton MV2, Aguias Spartan 1
www.minimalistandlovingit.blogspot.com
www.barefootfarm.org Support the Tarahumara
nowster

nowster is starting to look familiar.nowster is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2012, 05:28:58 PM »

Actually, I rather think it could be vib-ram (where the i is short like in "rib" and the a is also short like in "spam"). Italian tends to go for purer vowels than English.

No toe-may-toes, please.  Wink

VFF: M46: Classic, KSO x4, Trek x3, Trek LS, Treksport x2, KMDSport, EL-X, Bikila LS, Spyridon MR, Flow, Signa, Speed, Sprint (fake?), KSO EVO;
       M47: Speed, Classic (too big)
Non-VFF: 46 Merrell Tough Glove, 47 VB Synth Hiker
JustinB

JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2012, 06:55:41 PM »

Actually, I rather think it could be vib-ram (where the i is short like in "rib" and the a is also short like in "spam"). Italian tends to go for purer vowels than English.

No toe-may-toes, please.  Wink

Nope... It is a combination of the founder/creators name Vitale Bramani which is pronounced Vee-tol-ee Bra-mon-ee

http://www.forvo.com/word/vitale_bramani/
http://www.forvo.com/search/Vibram/it/

the first is the founders name in Italian, the second is the name of the company in Italian
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 06:57:44 PM by JustinB » Logged

42 Grey/Palm/Clay KSO, 43 Black Classic, 44 Black Moc, 43 Black/White Speed,43 Grey/Green Bikila LS, 43 Black/Day Glow SeeYa
Horse Rider

Horse Rider is starting to look familiar.Horse Rider is starting to look familiar.

Life without animals is not worth living

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2012, 06:55:57 PM »

I agree Nowster, about the pronounciation. Bramani is pronounced Brah-mah-nee so it makes sense. The american pronunciation of latin words always cracks me up, especially lingerie, that one is really butchered all the time.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 11:56:53 AM by Horse Rider » Logged

Treksport Pink
Bikila Silver/Verde,LS Purple,EVO WP
Flow Black
Sprint Black,Slate/Palmx2,Fuschia,Blue/Aqua
Classic Stormy Sea,Chili,Grey/Orange,Mauvex2,Lilac,Khaki,Suomy,Yellow/Grey,Sand/Blue,SW Charcoal
Alitza Grey/Rose
Spyridon LS
Stems,Lems,EvoII,Off Rd Hi,Boxing Boot,Lucy Lite,Konvinesx2
BearFooted
Global Moderator

BearFooted is a regular 'round here.BearFooted is a regular 'round here.BearFooted is a regular 'round here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2012, 07:02:48 PM »

In terms of Vee-Bram vs Veye-Bram  I have one word for you... Aluminum

I still let Veye-Bram slip from time to time.  I actually have to think of the word like V-Bram in order to say it correctly.  Otherwise Veye-Bram comes out of my mouth. 

Check out all of the articles I have written for BirthdayShoes.com!
nowster

nowster is starting to look familiar.nowster is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2012, 05:10:05 AM »

In terms of Vee-Bram vs Veye-Bram  I have one word for you... Aluminum

That's primarily a spelling difference. It was originally proposed as alumium. A closer analogy would be the way the word "vitamin" is pronounced on the different shores of the Atlantic. (Or for the techies: Linux.)

In Vitale "Vi-tah-lay" (in that recording that JustinB pointed at) both the "i" and the "ay" are shorter than the "ah", with the stress on the "ah". And the Bramani is "Bram-ah-ni" where the "a" and "i" are short and the "ah" is long.

Here's my mangling of that recording: http://www.nowster.org.uk/birthday/vibram.mp3

I'll give you the "vee", but it's never "brum". It rhymes with spam, ham, tram, and clam.

VFF: M46: Classic, KSO x4, Trek x3, Trek LS, Treksport x2, KMDSport, EL-X, Bikila LS, Spyridon MR, Flow, Signa, Speed, Sprint (fake?), KSO EVO;
       M47: Speed, Classic (too big)
Non-VFF: 46 Merrell Tough Glove, 47 VB Synth Hiker
BearFooted
Global Moderator

BearFooted is a regular 'round here.BearFooted is a regular 'round here.BearFooted is a regular 'round here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2012, 06:39:00 AM »

... A closer analogy would be the way the word "vitamin" is pronounced on the different shores of the Atlantic. (Or for the techies: Linux.)

oh that is better.

Check out all of the articles I have written for BirthdayShoes.com!
JustinB

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2012, 08:57:30 AM »

In terms of Vee-Bram vs Veye-Bram  I have one word for you... Aluminum.  

That's primarily a spelling difference. It was originally proposed as alumium. A closer analogy would be the way the word "vitamin" is pronounced on the different shores of the Atlantic. (Or for the techies: Linux.)

In Vitale "Vi-tah-lay" (in that recording that JustinB pointed at) both the "i" and the "ay" are shorter than the "ah", with the stress on the "ah". And the Bramani is "Bram-ah-ni" where the "a" and "i" are short and the "ah" is long.

Here's my mangling of that recording: http://www.nowster.org.uk/birthday/vibram.mp3

I'll give you the "vee", but it's never "brum". It rhymes with spam, ham, tram, and clam.

That sounds is not natural in latin based languaages.  An "a" sounds like an "o" or "ah" in most cases.  It is speaking the name of the company in those links.  Vee-Brahm.  But when you say it that way, you naturally want to roll the "R" a little.  Thats why in the American dialect it comes out as Vee-Brum

http://birthdayshoes.com/wiki/index.php?title=How_do_you_pronounce_Vibram
« Last Edit: March 27, 2012, 09:01:52 AM by JustinB » Logged

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: