BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
September 16, 2014, 12:55:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: My VFF collection  (Read 2526 times)
dirkverelst

dirkverelst is well known.dirkverelst is well known.dirkverelst is well known.dirkverelst is well known.

Healing our environment with orgonite.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2012, 05:13:30 PM »

thanks, Leigh, can`t make a picture now, as I said, most of the interesting ones I recently posted here, so...
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2012, 05:13:30 PM »

sailorwind

sailorwind is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2012, 07:24:49 PM »

Wow.  And people tell me my six pairs is overkill.
acc

acc is starting to look familiar.acc is starting to look familiar.

YOU are the Technology

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2012, 10:18:03 PM »

You need a five finger shoe rack / shoe post, with the footshaped plastic they put in the store stands. That's a hazard to have the stairs covered in them. Grin

Looking for sale /coupons at VFF/Injinji stores (authorized dealers only) Waiting for 3mm soled leather VFF oxford (not Capri) and KSO EVO.
JustinB

JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2012, 10:22:31 PM »

You need a five finger shoe rack / shoe post, with the footshaped plastic they put in the store stands. That's a hazard to have the stairs covered in them. Grin

I think he needs a whole store display wall.  He has a better variety than any store in my area!

42 Grey/Palm/Clay KSO, 43 Black Classic, 44 Black Moc, 43 Black/White Speed,43 Grey/Green Bikila LS, 43 Black/Day Glow SeeYa
44 Black/White Vivobarefoot Neo, 43 Black Vivobarefoot Ra
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2012, 10:22:31 PM »

smith1

smith1 is a new face.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2012, 04:33:32 AM »

Amazing collection...really good!!!
toh-shu

toh-shu is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2012, 01:02:47 PM »

i didnt see and bikilas. why aren't you feeling the love for the bikilas lol? i would have a couple pairs of those before i got 6 pair of the bormios.

also i take it with 40 pairs of vibrams you dont even own a normal pair of shoes?

My VFFs: Black/Grey TrekSports (Torn and fixed sort of.  Sad), Grey/palm KSOs, White/Grey/Red Bikilas, Brown/Black Spyridon LS, White/Black Speeds

NB MT10
JustinB

JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2012, 01:05:08 PM »

i didnt see and bikilas. why aren't you feeling the love for the bikilas lol? i would have a couple pairs of those before i got 6 pair of the bormios.

also i take it with 40 pairs of vibrams you dont even own a normal pair of shoes?

4th step up...

42 Grey/Palm/Clay KSO, 43 Black Classic, 44 Black Moc, 43 Black/White Speed,43 Grey/Green Bikila LS, 43 Black/Day Glow SeeYa
44 Black/White Vivobarefoot Neo, 43 Black Vivobarefoot Ra
toh-shu

toh-shu is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2012, 03:29:44 PM »

whoop, never mind. found em lol.

My VFFs: Black/Grey TrekSports (Torn and fixed sort of.  Sad), Grey/palm KSOs, White/Grey/Red Bikilas, Brown/Black Spyridon LS, White/Black Speeds

NB MT10
BearFooted
Global Moderator

BearFooted is a regular 'round here.BearFooted is a regular 'round here.BearFooted is a regular 'round here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2012, 04:47:44 PM »

I don't have a regular Bikila with the Strap.  That is the ONE shoe I don't own.  I just like the LS version more.  So I have about 3 of those.  The heel on the Bikila slips some on me and not in the Bikila LS. Strange because it is the opposite with the Komosoport.  The KomodoSport LS heel slips but not the strap version.

I just love the Bomrio though.  If I had to keep only one style and sell the rest it would be the Bomrio.

Check out all of the articles I have written for BirthdayShoes.com!
Jeepman

Jeepman is well known.Jeepman is well known.Jeepman is well known.Jeepman is well known.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2012, 02:09:51 PM »

The only pair I don't really love are the Flows.  They just don't work the way I would like them to.

You should have gotten the Camo ones!  Grin  I've done all my winter running in Flows for the last 3 years and couldn't be happier.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mLir5gBvO0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mLir5gBvO0</a>
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 02:13:37 PM by Jeepman » Logged

Arch support?... We don't need no stinking arch support!
BearFooted
Global Moderator

BearFooted is a regular 'round here.BearFooted is a regular 'round here.BearFooted is a regular 'round here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2012, 06:55:00 PM »

The only pair I don't really love are the Flows.  They just don't work the way I would like them to.

You should have gotten the Camo ones!  Grin  I've done all my winter running in Flows for the last 3 years and couldn't be happier.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mLir5gBvO0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mLir5gBvO0</a>

The camouflage ones have a different sole then the black ones.  The camouflage pair have the same sole as the KSO.  The new black Flows have a different more tacky feeling sole.  They called it IdroGrip performance rubber.  It is better for winter/wet traction.  Regardless the flows design is just flawed IMO.  All your toes are all separated so they can't share heat.  Really IMO just a bad design overall.  

I have walked in ice/snow in them and it is just painful.  At this point in time I never really run in FiveFingers.  If you don't run you can't keep your feet warm enough to ward off frost bite and numbness.  Worse if you walk through a parking lot into a grocery store your feet will just get painfully frozen as the snow melts between your toes as you shop.  You tend to shuffle along the aisles slowly so you don't get enough movement/blood flow to keep you warm.  My feet went numb walking around the grocery store. The worst is when you walk into a restaurant and sit down.  Then you feet quit moving completely.

My toes were starting to turn a pale white/light blue (no joke it kind of scared me) after a couple hours of walking around town doing errands.  Part of the reason they changed colors is from the lack of circulation from the constriction of the toes pockets around your toes.  The cold does not help either.  I will never wear them in the snow again.  I will stick with my Bormio.  If it is really bad I will switch to the Oetzi300 Troop Boot.  The Flows will go back to being my wet/rainy walking/running shoe (If I ever start running again).  

The key to being happy with them is running in them.  You have to be running.  Otherwise they are just useless.  I would have been better off walking barefoot through the snow and then putting on a pair of VFF once I got into the store.  

I just want to add.  Sorry to sound so negative about the Flows.  There are things I really do like my flows for.  They were great on the beach.  I still use them to walk around the neighborhood when it is raining.  If I sound negative it might be from my since of urgency.  I consider it a safety issue when it comes to using them in snow.  I just wanted to stress that people should be careful when wearing them in cold environment where they are not moving around much. 
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 10:38:12 PM by BearFooted » Logged

BearFooted
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2012, 10:39:55 PM »

I am always amazed when I order something off REI.  I had some Dividend to spend.  I found a pair of Brown classics off the REI outlet for $49.  I ordered them last night at like 7pm.  About an hour ago the truck just pulled up to my house.  To my surprise they had the shoes.

I think the distribution center is down in Federal Way which is about an hour away from here.  

I really like the Brown classics.  They go well with my Khaki pants.  They feel a little tighter then the Navy blue pair I got recently.  Glad I ended up going with a size 43.  I would not be able to wear socks comfortably with a size 42.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 10:41:41 PM by BearFooted » Logged

Komodo1988

Komodo1988 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2012, 12:28:21 AM »

I am always amazed when I order something off REI.  I had some Dividend to spend.  I found a pair of Brown classics off the REI outlet for $49.  I ordered them last night at like 7pm.  About an hour ago the truck just pulled up to my house.  To my surprise they had the shoes.

I think the distribution center is down in Federal Way which is about an hour away from here.  

I really like the Brown classics.  They go well with my Khaki pants.  They feel a little tighter then the Navy blue pair I got recently.  Glad I ended up going with a size 43.  I would not be able to wear socks comfortably with a size 42.

Its in Puyallup  Wink
toh-shu

toh-shu is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2012, 04:02:59 AM »

i was quite pleased with REI today. I have had my treksports for about 4-5 months now and havent worn them hardly at all since i got em because they were a size too big and i got my ksos shortly after. but for some reason i never tried to exchange them. so i went in today  just to see what they would say about me getting a size smaller and they had no issue swapping them out for some one size down. I thought i was going to get a no returns after 90 days thing but nope, no problem. Pretty happy with my treksports now, my heel doesent slip and my toes dont slide out of the pockets when i curl them. i think i may have to start wearing these on more runs now  Grin

NB MT10
BearFooted
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2012, 12:24:55 PM »

Oh I assumed Federal Way.  I know lots of other company's have shipping centers in Federal Way. 

I like the TrekSport.  The upper is so thin though that I worry about ripping it.  Just make sure you don't drag the top of the shoe across the ground.  I hear from allot of poeple that is how the TrekSport gets damaged most often.  The upper is nice though.  I like how light it is. 

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: