BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
October 26, 2014, 01:57:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Olympic games Classics  (Read 2173 times)
dirkverelst

dirkverelst is well known.dirkverelst is well known.dirkverelst is well known.dirkverelst is well known.

Healing our environment with orgonite.

View Profile
« on: May 23, 2012, 06:46:26 AM »

Just curious: how many people here are interested in buying these? It seems it will be mainly a EU release, though the Boston store might carry one or more countries.  Countries scheduled are US, UK, Australia, Italy and Denmark. prices will be lower than standard Classics
What say you?
« on: May 23, 2012, 06:46:26 AM »

UpNorth

UpNorth is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2012, 01:37:17 AM »

If the Boston store has them and they will ship them, I'd probably be game for a pair.  I haven't seen pictures yet, but I love classics enough that I probably won't be able to resist. Our opportunities to get colorful classics have been limited. I'm not sure I dare hope this means vibram will start playing with color For classics again.

Laura
Mr. Leigh
Superstar

Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.

23 pair VFFs, 3 pair Stems, 5 VB, & 2 Teva

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2012, 01:00:17 PM »

I am less than optimistic that the Boston store will ship items, but who knows.  I am definitely wanting a pair of the US version, maybe more.  It depends on funds availability. 

So be sure when you step.
Step with care and great tact and remember that Life's a Great Balancing Act.
Just never forget to be dexterous and deft. 
And never mix up your right foot and your left.

Oh, the Places You'll Go! by Dr. Suess
The Yeti

The Yeti is starting to look familiar.The Yeti is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2012, 01:28:02 PM »

If they make a Canadian version, I'd definitely get a pair! Sadly though, I can't see them doing it..

To err is human, to arr is pirate.
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2012, 01:28:02 PM »

happyfeet

happyfeet is a new face.

Barefoot since 1970

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2012, 03:56:26 PM »

I love my classics and would absolutely purchase an Olympic pair. 

Incidentally, I phoned up the Boston store a couple weeks ago to find out if they would ship and they said if they have your size in stock, they will ship them to you!  They are super nice.

"We are what we repeatedly do.  Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit."
Wanted: Grados - Size: 38
Mr. Leigh
Superstar

Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2012, 05:26:49 PM »

I love my classics and would absolutely purchase an Olympic pair. 

Incidentally, I phoned up the Boston store a couple weeks ago to find out if they would ship and they said if they have your size in stock, they will ship them to you!  They are super nice.

Glad to hear it.  Now if we could just get confirmation that they are going to be carrying the Olympic Classics, and which styles will be available.  I had a Vibram rep tell me the store would have the US flag version, but I have not found Vibram information to be very credible as of late.

Mr. Leigh
Superstar

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2012, 02:40:24 PM »

I am less than optimistic that the Boston store will ship items, but who knows.  I am definitely wanting a pair of the US version, maybe more.  It depends on funds availability. 

I called the Boston store and they are willing to ship within the states.  Tracy told me anywhere in the US shipping would be $5.  She took down my contact information and said she would call me when the Olympic Classics arrived at the store.  She thought she might get more versions than just the US flag, however could not confirm.  That was just her hunch based on how Boston is a tourist destination.  She also could not confirm the selling price at this time either.

UpNorth

UpNorth is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2012, 02:23:33 AM »

That is great news.  Thanks for following up and sharing what you learned.

Laura
greentoe

greentoe is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2012, 01:45:55 PM »

cant wait! looking forward to some new colors.Classic fan all the way.
Bigmantank

Bigmantank is a new face.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2012, 02:15:12 PM »

Agreed Yeti, I would love a pair of with the maple leaf on it, but again it looks like we will be shafted.

Easy, Light, Smooth and Fast is the way to run.
Mr. Leigh
Superstar

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2012, 02:34:43 PM »

A maple leaf shoe would be cool.  I am curious what goes into the decision making process for Vibram when they decide to do something like this.  Obviously they cannot make a flag shoe for every single nation, but certainly Canada should have made the list.  I know that STEM footwear had said that a lot of their sales were to Canada.  I can only assume that Vibram sees it's fair share of sales to Canada as well.  Maybe they thought Climate wise that Classics would not sell very well there.  Hard to say really.

BlackFoxSees

BlackFoxSees is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2012, 10:49:07 PM »

I was preparing to get a pair of Komodosports in a few weeks, but if Classics are available in interesting colors soon I might have to reconsider.
Mr. Leigh
Superstar

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2012, 05:03:58 PM »

I am curious what goes into the decision making process for Vibram when they decide to do something like this.  Obviously they cannot make a flag shoe for every single nation. 

I am actually surprised that a Japanese flag is also not an option.  Vibram has a dedicated Facebook page for Japan.  One would think they would have made a flag shoe for them as well.

The Yeti

The Yeti is starting to look familiar.The Yeti is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2012, 03:20:07 PM »

Just saw the post on the birthday shoes site. Seems as though Vibram didn't do a great job with this promotion. Five countries, and nearly impossible to get a pair. As guessed, no Canadian style. We're a small market so it's not a huge surprise. Oh well, that means I won't have to buy another pair of shoes this summer.

What would be very dissapointing is living in one of the five countries, and not being able to get a pair. Sounds as though they will only be making a small production batch of these. Hopefully it's easier than expected to snag a pair, but not allowing orders to be shipped seems pretty weak. Overall it's pretty underwhelming if not dissapointing news.

To err is human, to arr is pirate.
Mr. Leigh
Superstar

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2012, 03:39:40 PM »

I agree Yeti.  I had heard pretty early on that only those five countries would be represented, but what was up in the air was the availability, especially domestically.  Justin remarked on the non-forum side that the Boston store is now unable to take phone orders for these.  I am not sure if this is because of the limited availability or because they want the exclusive items to be a draw to get people in the store.  Hard to say really.  I am certainly not hopping on an airplane to Boston just to get a pair, no matter how exclusive they may be. 

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: