BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
October 31, 2014, 08:10:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Olympic games Classics  (Read 2190 times)
kidfarm

kidfarm is a new face.

It is all in the Pink!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2012, 03:40:21 PM »

I will buy a pair if they ship.
JOY

Don't go to fast, but I go pretty far.
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2012, 03:40:21 PM »

BearFooted
Global Moderator

BearFooted is a regular 'round here.BearFooted is a regular 'round here.BearFooted is a regular 'round here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2012, 04:17:01 PM »

Yea I am disappointed.  As a collector I find it very upsetting they would make it so hard to purchase their product.  I also really don't like the American flag version... it looks wrong.  It looks flipped over or mirrored or something.  I would still purchase a pair because I am trying to collect all the styles.  I wish Vibram made better buisness decisions.  Sometimes I feel like they shoot themselves in the foot... so to speak.

I have seriously considered putting an ad out on Craigslist for someone to go to the official store for me to buy me a pair of Vibram Olympic Classics.  I am just worried about getting ripped off.

Check out all of the articles I have written for BirthdayShoes.com!
Mr. Leigh
Superstar

Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.

23 pair VFFs, 3 pair Stems, 5 VB, & 2 Teva

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2012, 04:20:13 PM »

If they mirrored the shoes after one another for symmetry, then theoretically the right foot would be the correct portrayal of the flag if you were looking down at them from the wearers perspective.  Only time will tell.

So be sure when you step.
Step with care and great tact and remember that Life's a Great Balancing Act.
Just never forget to be dexterous and deft. 
And never mix up your right foot and your left.

Oh, the Places You'll Go! by Dr. Suess
BearFooted
Global Moderator

BearFooted is a regular 'round here.BearFooted is a regular 'round here.BearFooted is a regular 'round here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2012, 04:23:04 PM »

If they mirrored the shoes after one another for symmetry, then theoretically the right foot would be the correct portrayal of the flag if you were looking down at them from the wearers perspective.  Only time will tell.

That is what I assumed.  I guess it is just unfortunate they decided to show the wrong foot Wink  Some of the other shoes look like they used different colored fabric.  The Italian one looks the best... the American one looks rushed.  I think it is because the rest of them have color that travels up the shoe to the heal.  The American flag just looks like a simple screen printing.

« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2012, 04:23:04 PM »

Mr. Leigh
Superstar

Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2012, 04:39:08 PM »

I don't think they look that bad.  I think a solid color other than white, maybe red would have been cool too.  I think they wanted to differentiate them from one another, from country to country.  As it sits, the UK and Australian are kind of similar. 

Mr. Leigh
Superstar

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2012, 05:22:20 PM »

I find it odd that all other product images of the other countries are of the right foot and then the US version they only show the left foot, which makes the flag look wrong.  I am sure the right foot looks correct, but wish I could see it.  Very disheartening that these will not be readily available in the US.  I bet the US flag would have went over pretty well domestically, despite the light color and the backwards flag on the left shoe.  I always thought the Sand/Blue/White Classics were nice, even though they too are very lightly colored.  My biggest fear/concern when I initially saw imagery of the Danish version on Facebook, was that the flag designs on the shoes would be painted on similar to the Suomy Classics.  It appears as though that is the case.  It is too bad they could not somehow alter the fabric color instead, similar to the KSO remixes.  I know some runners have been experiencing paint peeling issues on the Spyridons.  I also know that the old Suomy Classics would crack slightly with wear, so I imagine these will be the same.  A conversation piece maybe but not a durable finish for extended wear.  Paint on a surface that is meant to bend and flex as with the natural movement of ones foot is not practical.  Okay, I am stepping off my soap box and putting it away now.

BearFooted
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2012, 05:40:47 PM »

I think the Italian ones are dyed fabric.  The American looks painted for sure.  I think any of the versions with stripes are painted on.  Which is kind of a bummer.  BTW I got my pair of Sumoy classics.  I have not even tried them on.  I am afraid of cracking the paint. 

Mr. Leigh
Superstar

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2012, 05:44:03 PM »

Okay, the Suomy Classics are not quite that bad.  Go ahead and try them on at least.  Just extended wear and flexing of the fabric might cause them to crack.  I literally wore mine once in the house for no more than a few hours.  I had them on long enough to take the picture on my profile and to see how they fit compared to newer made Classics and that is about it.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 10:35:47 AM by Mr. Leigh » Logged

BearFooted
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2012, 05:55:15 PM »

I actually just bought them for display really.  I have some Vibram foot molds that I can display the shoes with.  I have actually never been a huge fan of the classic style.  I like them but they never fit me well enough to be comfortable.  I am in between sizes.  I end up with tight toes, or a loose heel. 

Mr. Leigh
Superstar

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2012, 05:57:25 PM »

Oh I see.  They are a striking conversation piece to say the least.  I know you don't wear Classics much, because you require socks with your VFFs.  I am your opposite.  I an 100% sock-less in all VFFs and Classics are my favorite style.

BearFooted
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2012, 06:08:58 PM »

The socks help with the size 43 classics.  They make the heel tab not irritate my heel when I walk.  So I tend to buy size 43 classics now.  With socks they fit pretty well.  I still wear the Bormio most.  The pair is so broken in that it feels AMAZING.  I tried on a new pair of Bormio I had laying around.  They felt so uncomfortable compared to my broken in pair.  Just an example how the FiveFingers get more comfortable with wear usualy. 

MCvet

MCvet is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2012, 06:44:34 PM »

wheres the american pic? I'm sicilian and want italy anyway

Trek LS Brown 45... Speed black/white 46... Flow black 45... KSO REMIX 45... Bikila white/red 45... KSO trek brown 45... Komodo yellow 45... 1 Black and 1 Brown bormio's 45... Green Spyridon 45...  Yellow/Blk SeeYa 45
Sablewings

Sablewings is starting to look familiar.Sablewings is starting to look familiar.

Sablewings

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2012, 07:00:08 PM »

Not a fan of classics at all (Too cold...!) but glad to see the Union Jack design, it looks good on a lot of merchandise and the same is true here. Smiley

Guy on a busy Tube Train staring at my VFF's:   "You wearing those things down here, eh... [shakes head]  Don't you know this is a place of tranquility?"

~~VFF Speeds White~~VFF Speeds Black~~Vivobarefoot Lucy Black and Blue/Grey~~Vivobarefoot Aqua Lites Red~~Vivobarefoot Neo Trail Black~~
paulr

paulr is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2012, 09:16:56 PM »

Im certainly in the minority here as there is no way I would wear Classics and even less chance if the Union Flag were on them. 

Too much flag waving going on over here - supposedly to celebrate a bunch of bigots. I hate bigotry and the UK royal family are anti-Catholic in that any member of the British royal family must renounce his or her claim to the throne if they join the Catholic Church or marry a Roman Catholic - which is about 9% of the UK population- nice, eh ?
cincodeos

cincodeos is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2012, 09:36:43 PM »

I like the ones with the british flag... if the Boston store would ship them I would like to buy them.

CincoDeos
Trujillo Alto, PR, USA
Vibram FiveFingers: --Sprints, TrekSport (x2), KMDSport LS, Trek LS, KMDSport(x2), Spyridon LS, Speeds, KSO (x2), Classics, KSO Treks (x4), Bikila, Treksport Sandals
Vivobarefoot: Ra (x5), Evo, Gobi, Hybrid, Jay
Lems; NB Minimus; Tune ; Altra Superior, Provission
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: