BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
November 23, 2014, 12:37:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15
  Print  
Author Topic: Release date for Bikilas/Speeds?  (Read 22939 times)
hinogi

hinogi is a regular 'round here.hinogi is a regular 'round here.hinogi is a regular 'round here.

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: May 02, 2010, 03:33:44 AM »

im new to vff and discovered them recently after looking at an ad for kettlebells on craigslist, gotta admit they've peaked my interest.  i dont think the bikilas/speeds are meant for all the diehard barefoot minimalists, i think they're meant for people like me who has never owned  a pair of vffs.  so far i'm really interested in the kso treks for hiking and bikila/speed for running - i'm really itchin for a pair of speeds tho since they look so cool !
Remember that the speeds are only available in Europe, if they ever get available.
« Reply #195 on: May 02, 2010, 03:33:44 AM »

ap19

ap19 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: May 02, 2010, 02:02:46 PM »

i think i might be the only person on here who isn't bothered about the thicker tread on the new models - i like the feel of the ground below me, but i really wear VFFs for the style of them (and to mess with people's heads Smiley )

When you've done something right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all...
pedro

pedro is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: May 02, 2010, 03:54:10 PM »

Well, I have come to the point that I believe that the Bikila is a real thing. Maybe I'll be able to order it this year

But the Speed? I really like that model. However -it's just a teaser, right? "Will be released shortly"

"Can be found at the end of the rainbow"    -  or am I too cynical here? 
Sablewings

Sablewings is starting to look familiar.Sablewings is starting to look familiar.

Sablewings

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: May 02, 2010, 07:00:25 PM »

I gave up waiting for the Bikilas last week and just got some KSOs.

Also, being female I was kind of insulted by the horrible orange pinkness of the women's Bikila's....Eugh.

Guy on a busy Tube Train staring at my VFF's:   "You wearing those things down here, eh... [shakes head]  Don't you know this is a place of tranquility?"

~~VFF Speeds White~~VFF Speeds Black~~Vivobarefoot Lucy Black and Blue/Grey~~Vivobarefoot Aqua Lites Red~~Vivobarefoot Neo Trail Black~~
« Reply #198 on: May 02, 2010, 07:00:25 PM »

Jimmy Hart

Jimmy Hart is a regular 'round here.Jimmy Hart is a regular 'round here.Jimmy Hart is a regular 'round here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #199 on: May 02, 2010, 11:27:55 PM »

you're right that the speeds will be found at the end of the rainbow, one that lands somewhere in europe.  i imagine getting a pair over here will be very tough as they are a euro only release and really dont see them sitting on the shelves for long. 

Barefootmagic

Barefootmagic is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: May 03, 2010, 12:29:17 AM »

I just got a pair of Bikilas today  Grin and I  can definitely say that they are the most comfortable model out there.  Granted there isnt as much ground feed back compared to the sprints or ksos. 
Jimmy Hart

Jimmy Hart is a regular 'round here.Jimmy Hart is a regular 'round here.Jimmy Hart is a regular 'round here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #201 on: May 03, 2010, 12:56:50 AM »

i am literally developing an itch waiting for the bikila.  i still dont see how so many people can distinguish the ground feel differences in the bikila.  it's like a couple of millimeters...it's splitting hairs to me and to be honest, out on my longer runs i dont want to feel the ground quite as much.  i like to be able to lose myself in the run and running bare doesnt allow you to do that.  i'm hoping the bikila gives me back some of my freedom of mind when i'm running

Barefootmagic

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: May 03, 2010, 03:13:06 AM »

i am literally developing an itch waiting for the bikila.  i still dont see how so many people can distinguish the ground feel differences in the bikila.  it's like a couple of millimeters...it's splitting hairs to me and to be honest, out on my longer runs i dont want to feel the ground quite as much.  i like to be able to lose myself in the run and running bare doesnt allow you to do that.  i'm hoping the bikila gives me back some of my freedom of mind when i'm running

okay so far I have worn them all day and now I wearing them at work.  Yes you do get ground feed-back. But just alittle bit thicker than my kso's. I cant bend my toes down like I do in my sprints or kso. ummmm...   but I feel like there is a would be padding inside. I dont know but I like them. And when you get them you're gonna love them too.
zapsurf13

zapsurf13 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: May 03, 2010, 06:23:34 AM »

What are the pre-order websites?

Make friends with pain and you will never be alone.
Barefootmagic

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: May 03, 2010, 06:53:07 AM »

Call City sports in boston and see if they can mail you a pair.
heltok

heltok is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: May 03, 2010, 07:06:25 AM »

Hello,

Unfortunately we do not ship outside of the US.  If you would like to make an international order, you can do so using the Google Checkout option and have the order shipped to someone in the US who can forward it to you.

We are hoping to have the Bikilas in stock around the first week of May.  We are not accepting any preorders so make sure to sign up for email updates on our website.

Stephen Ferreira | CITY SPORTS
www.citysports.com
Corporate Headquarters
77 N. Washington Street, Boston MA 02114

Sad
morgan_4785

morgan_4785 is starting to look familiar.morgan_4785 is starting to look familiar.

live free or die hard

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: May 03, 2010, 08:20:41 AM »

i think i might be the only person on here who isn't bothered about the thicker tread on the new models - i like the feel of the ground below me, but i really wear VFFs for the style of them (and to mess with people's heads Smiley )

i think that the thickness of the treks is perfect. if im jonsin for ground feel i just go with out shoes.  Cheesy

jesus Saves
Feet are the greatest piece of technology ever. guess who made them? God
IbikeIswimIrun

IbikeIswimIrun is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: May 03, 2010, 08:59:45 AM »

I don't think I'll have a problem with feeling the ground in my Bikilas. Especially since I'll be transitioning from these clunkers.

"Every once in awhile it hits people that they don't have to experience the world the way they've been told to."
morgan_4785

morgan_4785 is starting to look familiar.morgan_4785 is starting to look familiar.

live free or die hard

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: May 03, 2010, 09:48:07 PM »

I don't think I'll have a problem with feeling the ground in my Bikilas. Especially since I'll be transitioning from these clunkers.

AHHH!!!!! over engineered foot coffins!!!

jesus Saves
Feet are the greatest piece of technology ever. guess who made them? God
Jimmy Hart

View Profile WWW
« Reply #209 on: May 03, 2010, 11:38:33 PM »

i agree that they are over engineered but man the tech science in that shoe is amazing.  start with the fly wire that creates a support cage around the mid-foot but it feather light, then the multi density foam in the sole that will react to the runner's own body weight allowing the shoe to give the best amount of return support.  lets not forget the crazy light foam they are using in the lunar shoes.  then the measured placement of the grooves cut into the sole to allow as much foot flexion as possible to give the foot reactionary sensory feedback and allow the muscles to work.  The single piece upper that is seamless and made of a durable/light mesh that offers maximum breathability.  the exoskeleton made of synthetic suede feeling material that gives the shoe is upper structure yet gives to allow the foot to assume it's natural shape.  the exoskeleton is also very calculated as it is designed to go around the foot in a manner that will not hinder the toes in the toe box so that they can move around yet be supported.  add to that the fact that this is a Nike+ shoe and you are looking at a marvel of science and engineering.  i dont like shoes and i have owned a pair of these that cause me nightmarish knee pain but even still i look at those shoes in my closet and i can applaud the time and effort that went into designing them.  they just arent what the body actually needs....so sad

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15
  Print  

Jump to: