BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
October 01, 2014, 02:17:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]
  Print  
Author Topic: Release date for Bikilas/Speeds?  (Read 22546 times)
toastergirl

toastergirl is a regular 'round here.toastergirl is a regular 'round here.toastergirl is a regular 'round here.

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: May 04, 2010, 09:36:58 AM »

Hello,

Unfortunately we do not ship outside of the US.  If you would like to make an international order, you can do so using the Google Checkout option and have the order shipped to someone in the US who can forward it to you.

We are hoping to have the Bikilas in stock around the first week of May.  We are not accepting any preorders so make sure to sign up for email updates on our website.

Stephen Ferreira | CITY SPORTS
www.citysports.com
Corporate Headquarters
77 N. Washington Street, Boston MA 02114

are you going to have women's in stock then as well?

"A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame sombody else" --Pre
« Reply #210 on: May 04, 2010, 09:36:58 AM »

IbikeIswimIrun

IbikeIswimIrun is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: May 04, 2010, 10:36:35 AM »

^You'd probably get a quicker response if you just gave them a call.

"Every once in awhile it hits people that they don't have to experience the world the way they've been told to."
heltok

heltok is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: May 04, 2010, 10:51:04 AM »

Hello,

Unfortunately we do not ship outside of the US.  If you would like to make an international order, you can do so using the Google Checkout option and have the order shipped to someone in the US who can forward it to you.

We are hoping to have the Bikilas in stock around the first week of May.  We are not accepting any preorders so make sure to sign up for email updates on our website.

Stephen Ferreira | CITY SPORTS
www.citysports.com
Corporate Headquarters
77 N. Washington Street, Boston MA 02114

are you going to have women's in stock then as well?

sorry, I dont work for them, I just copypasted what they wrote to me.
radrunner

radrunner is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: May 04, 2010, 11:46:58 AM »

I just called and they said about another week or so before they get the women sizes in stock  Wink  We're getting closer!
« Reply #213 on: May 04, 2010, 11:46:58 AM »

Pete Rasmussen

Pete Rasmussen is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: May 04, 2010, 02:00:39 PM »

My store (Gazelle's in Michigan) says the same:  Bikilas should arrive on Monday the 10th of May.  2010.  AD.

Pete.
Adam C

Adam C is starting to look familiar.Adam C is starting to look familiar.

Free Weezy Baby!

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: May 04, 2010, 02:18:20 PM »

This sounds like good news to me!  Can't wait to give them a try.  Pretty sure I won't wear them on a regular basis as I finally took off my VFF's and am running in the nude.  I am certainly enjoying the transition!  Nothing is lighter then your own two feeties!

I LIKE TURTLES!
Bango Skank

Bango Skank is starting to look familiar.Bango Skank is starting to look familiar.

master of the five fingered discount :O

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: May 04, 2010, 08:26:01 PM »

i agree that they are over engineered but man the tech science in that shoe is amazing.  start with the fly wire that creates a support cage around the mid-foot but it feather light, then the multi density foam in the sole that will react to the runner's own body weight allowing the shoe to give the best amount of return support.  lets not forget the crazy light foam they are using in the lunar shoes.  then the measured placement of the grooves cut into the sole to allow as much foot flexion as possible to give the foot reactionary sensory feedback and allow the muscles to work.  The single piece upper that is seamless and made of a durable/light mesh that offers maximum breathability.  the exoskeleton made of synthetic suede feeling material that gives the shoe is upper structure yet gives to allow the foot to assume it's natural shape.  the exoskeleton is also very calculated as it is designed to go around the foot in a manner that will not hinder the toes in the toe box so that they can move around yet be supported.  add to that the fact that this is a Nike+ shoe and you are looking at a marvel of science and engineering.  i dont like shoes and i have owned a pair of these that cause me nightmarish knee pain but even still i look at those shoes in my closet and i can applaud the time and effort that went into designing them.  they just arent what the body actually needs....so sad

The foot feels the foot when it feels the ground.
-Buddha
Jimmy Hart

Jimmy Hart is a regular 'round here.Jimmy Hart is a regular 'round here.Jimmy Hart is a regular 'round here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #217 on: May 04, 2010, 08:59:43 PM »

wouldnt it be cool to have one of those suits?

Barefootmagic

Barefootmagic is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: May 04, 2010, 09:41:01 PM »

I have always wanted one  Grin
Bango Skank

Bango Skank is starting to look familiar.Bango Skank is starting to look familiar.

master of the five fingered discount :O

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: May 04, 2010, 10:21:55 PM »

heck yeah, it would!  See if people would stop to ask me about my toe-shoes then!   Cheesy

The foot feels the foot when it feels the ground.
-Buddha
mrdiko

mrdiko is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: May 05, 2010, 01:25:11 AM »

Does anyone know who ships Bikilas international?

I'm hoping Kayakshed will get these in soon.
orlin03

orlin03 is starting to look familiar.orlin03 is starting to look familiar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #221 on: May 05, 2010, 11:53:55 AM »

I'd have the built in stereo playing Weaver's best one-liner on repeat!

qcassidy352

qcassidy352 is a regular 'round here.qcassidy352 is a regular 'round here.qcassidy352 is a regular 'round here.

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: May 05, 2010, 01:40:24 PM »

i agree that they are over engineered but man the tech science in that shoe is amazing.  start with the fly wire that creates a support cage around the mid-foot but it feather light, then the multi density foam in the sole that will react to the runner's own body weight allowing the shoe to give the best amount of return support.  lets not forget the crazy light foam they are using in the lunar shoes.  then the measured placement of the grooves cut into the sole to allow as much foot flexion as possible to give the foot reactionary sensory feedback and allow the muscles to work.  The single piece upper that is seamless and made of a durable/light mesh that offers maximum breathability.  the exoskeleton made of synthetic suede feeling material that gives the shoe is upper structure yet gives to allow the foot to assume it's natural shape.  the exoskeleton is also very calculated as it is designed to go around the foot in a manner that will not hinder the toes in the toe box so that they can move around yet be supported.  add to that the fact that this is a Nike+ shoe and you are looking at a marvel of science and engineering.  i dont like shoes and i have owned a pair of these that cause me nightmarish knee pain but even still i look at those shoes in my closet and i can applaud the time and effort that went into designing them.  they just arent what the body actually needs....so sad

Interesting comment.  Professor Lieberman said almost exactly the same thing at the event at City Sports in Boston last month.  He said running shoes are actually quite remarkable in that they allow a huge number of people to successfully (depending on how you want to define that term) run in a way that we're naturally unsuited to.  That may not sound like a great accomplishment, but I think it's actually pretty impressive in its own way.

"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet."
- Abraham Lincoln
mrdiko

mrdiko is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: May 05, 2010, 05:18:14 PM »

Interesting comment.  Professor Lieberman said almost exactly the same thing at the event at City Sports in Boston last month.  He said running shoes are actually quite remarkable in that they allow a huge number of people to successfully (depending on how you want to define that term) run in a way that we're naturally unsuited to.  That may not sound like a great accomplishment, but I think it's actually pretty impressive in its own way.
Posted on: Today at 11:53:55 AM Posted by: orlin03/quote]

Foot problems are the reason most people can't, or shouldn't run.  You have to look at the ankle, hip and knee alignment.  Running shoes (or heel striking) puts more stress on these joints than barefoot style running.  Some people are built to run and many are not.  Shoes aren't going to save them.
morgan_4785

morgan_4785 is starting to look familiar.morgan_4785 is starting to look familiar.

live free or die hard

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: May 06, 2010, 08:03:29 AM »

I'd have the built in stereo playing Weaver's best one-liner on repeat!

chariots of fire for me.  Cheesy

jesus Saves
Feet are the greatest piece of technology ever. guess who made them? God
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]
  Print  

Jump to: