BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
October 22, 2014, 07:04:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 21
  Print  
Author Topic: Fake VFFs and Dubious Sellers - Post Your Questions and Warnings Here  (Read 57891 times)
tysongoesbarefoot

tysongoesbarefoot is a new face.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #240 on: June 11, 2012, 08:07:07 AM »

I dont know why you would go to all the trouble of making a fake VFF shoe, why not just promote your own business instead. Check out my journey from shod to bare feet!

http://tysongoesbarefoot.blogspot.com/

« Reply #240 on: June 11, 2012, 08:07:07 AM »

JustinB

JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: June 11, 2012, 01:49:39 PM »

I dont know why you would go to all the trouble of making a fake VFF shoe, why not just promote your own business instead. Check out my journey from shod to bare feet!

http://tysongoesbarefoot.blogspot.com/

Because the counterfeit business is lucrative.  No R&D costs, no advertisement costs, and you can sell your product at a premium by using inferior materials.  It is ALWAYS harder to be legit than crooked in the business world.

42 Grey/Palm/Clay KSO, 43 Black Classic, 44 Black Moc, 43 Black/White Speed,43 Grey/Green Bikila LS, 43 Black/Day Glow SeeYa
44 Black/White Vivobarefoot Neo, 43 Black Vivobarefoot Ra
nowster

nowster is starting to look familiar.nowster is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: June 14, 2012, 07:51:19 AM »

There's currently a UK eBay seller (business, not individual) with a pair of Jayas (but no model name in the description at all, just the model number) being sold as Men's Shoes. The logo above the toes reads "vibram". Brand new at ⅓ RRP. All signs that they're likely to be fakes.

VFF: M46: Classic, KSO x4, Trek x3, Trek LS, Treksport x2, KMDSport, EL-X, Bikila LS, Spyridon MR, Flow, Signa, Speed, Sprint (fake?), KSO EVO;
       M47: Speed, Classic (too big)
Non-VFF: 46 Merrell Tough Glove, 47 VB Synth Hiker
nowster

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: June 15, 2012, 05:42:43 AM »

There's something to be said for having someone who speaks English in your department if you're going to make counterfeits. Read the model name on the label. This is listed as a "Vibram Fivefingers KSO Trek 40". It looks like a poor copy of the Treksport. In addition, the model number M348 seems beloved of the counterfeiters, and is used for many different models.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 08:13:13 AM by nowster » Logged

VFF: M46: Classic, KSO x4, Trek x3, Trek LS, Treksport x2, KMDSport, EL-X, Bikila LS, Spyridon MR, Flow, Signa, Speed, Sprint (fake?), KSO EVO;
« Reply #243 on: June 15, 2012, 05:42:43 AM »

tvrp

tvrp is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: June 28, 2012, 01:40:57 AM »

Can somebody please tell me if these VFFs are real? The store is on the Vibram website as an authorized seller, but it only sells this style, and I'd just like to make sure..
http://www.endurancehouse.com/product.asp?lt=c&catid=17469&sec=&pfid=ENH00132
nowster

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: June 28, 2012, 03:51:47 AM »

Can somebody please tell me if these VFFs are real? The store is on the Vibram website as an authorized seller, but it only sells this style, and I'd just like to make sure..
http://www.endurancehouse.com/product.asp?lt=c&catid=17469&sec=&pfid=ENH00132

The model number checks out. It's a stock photo, but that's not surprising for brand new goods at an authorized retailer.

nowster

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: August 12, 2012, 03:35:59 PM »

OK, for all my warnings to others I still got stung. I had a gut feeling that a "buy it now" price of 35 was too cheap for a pair of unworn black KSO Treks, but I was reckless. They arrived quickly, but on opening the box I smelt a rat immediately.

The footbed was not leather but polyurethane leatherette, as were the side panels/straps. The usual sticky label showing the composition of the shoe was absent. The upper was not suede but a man-made fibre that looked superficially similar. The yellow octagon insert in the sole was solid plastic instead of rubber. The sole seemed to be a different material too, possibly a synthetic rubber.

The seller has refunded and I've returned them, but I'm still out of pocket on postage. You live and learn, I suppose. Caveat emptor, et cetera.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 03:38:08 PM by nowster » Logged

nowster

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: August 12, 2012, 09:11:07 PM »

Sorry it happened to you  Sad, good to know you got a refund  Smiley
I wasn't looking for sympathy. My post was meant more as a cautionary tale.

The seller had probably bought the item in good faith from one of the Chinese counterfeiters, found they were too small and tried to sell them on, not realising that they were fakes.

jl

jl is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: August 15, 2012, 12:58:29 AM »

Is |TravelCountry| selling real ones? I've already ordered a pair in black/orange.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 06:42:37 AM by justin » Logged
justin
Administrator
Superstar

justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!

Rediscovering my humanity one step at a time.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #249 on: August 15, 2012, 06:43:26 AM »

Is |TravelCountry| selling real ones? I've already ordered a pair in black/orange.

Yes -- as noted here http://5to.es/ks-old Smiley

jl

jl is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #250 on: August 15, 2012, 06:58:39 AM »

Yes -- as noted here http://5to.es/ks-old Smiley

Awesome,thanks.  I'm disappointed to see the KSO models in anything but black discontinued though.
questionesse

questionesse is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: August 16, 2012, 05:54:02 PM »

is there a model like this? Never seen before...
Thx

Get up on your toes!
nowster

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: August 16, 2012, 06:44:53 PM »

Thx

(Fixed the image link for you)
Yes, I think I've seen those Suomi Classics mentioned here before.

Mr. Leigh
Superstar

Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.

23 pair VFFs, 3 pair Stems, 5 VB, & 2 Teva

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: August 17, 2012, 10:40:35 AM »

Thx

(Fixed the image link for you)
Yes, I think I've seen those Suomi Classics mentioned here before.

Yes, a few of us on these forums actually own them.  Justin the site creator, DirkVerelst, Horserider, myself and a few others.  They are still available overseas in limited sizes.  Dirk would be a good resource to help you track down a pair, otherwise there are a few thread posts about them as well.  Justin did a review of them a month or so ago on the non-forum side.

So be sure when you step.
Step with care and great tact and remember that Life's a Great Balancing Act.
Just never forget to be dexterous and deft. 
And never mix up your right foot and your left.

Oh, the Places You'll Go! by Dr. Suess
JustinB

JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: August 17, 2012, 11:06:41 AM »

Yes, that is a legitimate model.  Mr Leigh owns a pair so he can probably best tell you if anything looks fishy about them

42 Grey/Palm/Clay KSO, 43 Black Classic, 44 Black Moc, 43 Black/White Speed,43 Grey/Green Bikila LS, 43 Black/Day Glow SeeYa
44 Black/White Vivobarefoot Neo, 43 Black Vivobarefoot Ra
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 21
  Print  

Jump to: