BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
November 21, 2014, 10:51:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 21
  Print  
Author Topic: Fake VFFs and Dubious Sellers - Post Your Questions and Warnings Here  (Read 88870 times)
dirkverelst

dirkverelst is well known.dirkverelst is well known.dirkverelst is well known.dirkverelst is well known.

Healing our environment with orgonite.

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: November 02, 2011, 05:03:37 PM »

they look fine to me, there was an earlier post on the differences in sole, camo or full color, both genuine..
« Reply #210 on: November 02, 2011, 05:03:37 PM »

chense

chense is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: November 06, 2011, 09:32:04 AM »

That's a relief, thank you!

So at least in my case, eBay seller 2357shoes (http://myworld.ebay.com/2357shoes/?_trksid=p4340.l2559) is legit.
HatikTen

HatikTen is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: November 12, 2011, 09:02:24 AM »

Just a heads up - there are fake Komodosports out there now, especially on eBay.

A friend of mine ordered some from eBay and asked me to compare them with my Komodosports bought from CitySports NY.  They came from China so I was concerned straight away, and I don't think they were that cheap either.

I've taken some photos to show:

• The most descernible difference is that the insole / footbed is stitched-in and not the 2mm removable footbed.

The other things were not so noticeable and in no particular order:

• The size is wrong for an M40.  The width is not the same as my M40, but more like a W40.
  • The Vibram logo material on the top isn't quite correct in color and material, and on the sole, the logo is a little bit off.  But if you didn't have an original to compare with, and just had photos, it would be difficult to tell.
  • The materials are not quite the same thickness as the original, but close.  The straps, the heel loop and the velcro tabs are lightly thinner. But again, without the original at hand, I would have struggled to tell if this was the only difference.
  • Stripes on the shoe were not quite circular, and fewer than the original (only 3 visible)
  • Other small details were out - like the model number being wrong (the Yellow Komodosport model number is used both on the inside of the shoe and the box).
  • The sole was actually pretty good, and I couldn't tell except the Vibram insert logo and color was slightly wrong (a bit more faded than the original), but again only noticeable when comparing it with the original

Overall though, if the footbed wasn't stitched-in but had the insole, I would have been hard pressed to tell it was a counterfeit, that is, until I tried it on.  It's easy to see how people can duped.

vice69

vice69 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: November 12, 2011, 01:21:48 PM »

you can see the stitching where the black meets the gold between the toes is visible on the counterfeit but is seamless on the original.

VFF Komodos (2)
VFF Classics (1)
Vivo AquaLites (1)
74 Hiking Miles so far.
« Reply #213 on: November 12, 2011, 01:21:48 PM »

thirrouard

thirrouard is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: December 12, 2011, 09:08:31 AM »

Hi ! I found a seller that sells vibram at good price... the pictures seems to be of real vibram, but the price might be too interesting ?!
http://cgi.ebay.fr/New-2011-Vibram-FiveFingers-KSO-TREK-Mens-Shoes-Size-40-45-/120827853495?pt=UK_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item1c21e6bab7

What do you think ? I've contacted the seller... as it's protected by ebay and he have lot of good reviews + he say he refund items if we are not pleased... I'm tempted to order. But I don't want to waste my time returning fake item...
My problem is I have hard time to find my size on regular website... they don't have my size at citysports foe exemple Sad
dirkverelst

dirkverelst is well known.dirkverelst is well known.dirkverelst is well known.dirkverelst is well known.

Healing our environment with orgonite.

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: December 12, 2011, 10:03:11 AM »

no no no!   Angry  this seller and his shoes are very fake, don't waste your money and your time trying to get it back through Ebay.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 10:06:51 AM by dirkverelst » Logged
thirrouard

thirrouard is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: December 12, 2011, 06:04:12 PM »

You can see the straps (velcro straps) being black in the brown model, not as the original brown straps in the brown model, besides, those straps look plastic, not leather
No, it's brown. Might be plastic thought, I don't know...

Ok anyway I managed to find my size on one of the seller Smiley
Terry_1980

Terry_1980 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: January 03, 2012, 07:13:43 PM »

Hi fellow adventurers!

Im a first time poster and first time (well soon to be) user of five fingers shoes. I've heard lots about them and has e tried them but only in stores. I'm sold on the bikila LS, know my size and the only question now for me is where do I get the shoes from. From reading this forum and as other contributors have mentioned, prices for fivefingers here in Australia are ridiculous. As well, with the many fakes out there...I'm a little concerned. Initially I was looking at a site vibramsydney[dot]com. They advertise cheap discounted fivefingers. I have a sense however that the products are fake.

Here's a link to their range if bikila LS. vibramsydney[dot]com

Does anyone have any thoughts as to this site, as well, any suggestions as to any overseas sites which are legit that I can get my shoes from? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance all!

Terry
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 12:15:48 PM by justin » Logged
eflores3000

eflores3000 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: March 03, 2012, 05:17:36 AM »

Can anyone help me determine if these are authentic Vibram's or not?
I am new to purchasing these awesome shoes, however, I purchased them online through a seller from Amazon.
Thank you for your time, please let me know specific details.

TO see more pictures, and clear images, please visit my blog at
http://eflores3000.blogspot.com/2012/03/vibram-bikila.html#.T1HkTfV4VXE
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 05:29:56 AM by eflores3000 » Logged
comment

comment is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: April 10, 2012, 11:49:04 AM »

These look legit to me.

I have not read all 15 pages of this thread to see if this site has been mentioned, but here's a site selling obviously knock-offs:
cheap5fingers [dot] us
Some of the action photos are people wearing authentic VFFs.  The actual product shots are obviously of fakes.

I am including this site so people will be aware of it, not to perpetuate traffic to a counterfeiter.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 03:53:44 PM by comment » Logged
BearFooted
Global Moderator

BearFooted is a regular 'round here.BearFooted is a regular 'round here.BearFooted is a regular 'round here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #220 on: April 10, 2012, 11:57:11 AM »

cheap5fingers[dot]us

that site is fake
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 12:17:24 PM by justin » Logged

Check out all of the articles I have written for BirthdayShoes.com!
justin
Administrator
Superstar

justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!justin has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!

Rediscovering my humanity one step at a time.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #221 on: April 10, 2012, 12:18:30 PM »

Just a reminder -- Please, please, please do not paste active links to counterfeit sites on this thread  -- the last thing we want to do is create valid, search-friendly links to counterfeit sites, which can work to boost their rankings in google search.

You can write out the domain like vibramfakesite[dot]com or something like that Smiley

Thanks!

comment

comment is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: April 10, 2012, 03:52:43 PM »

Just a reminder -- Please, please, please do not paste active links to counterfeit sites on this thread  -- the last thing we want to do is create valid, search-friendly links to counterfeit sites, which can work to boost their rankings in google search.

You can write out the domain like vibramfakesite[dot]com or something like that Smiley

Thanks!

Good suggestion. It looks like you've already edited my post. I just edited it some more to make it even more unlinkable.
comment

comment is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: April 10, 2012, 03:54:19 PM »

cheap5fingers[dot]us

that site is fake

I know it's fake. I said that in my post.
mrsingh

mrsingh is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: April 17, 2012, 10:29:10 AM »

Wish I saw this thread before I ordered my shoes Sad

Just bought and paid on eBay via this seller:

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/weizhanmei-32188?_trksid=p4340.l2563

Bought these shoes (40 delivered):

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-BLACK-VIBRAM-FIVE-FINGERS-SHOE-MENS-SIZE-40-45-/320861987325?pt=UK_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item4ab4dd61fd

Please let me know if you think they are fake or not.

Ps - I have contacted the seller stating that if they aren't authentic I want an immediate refund as they are advertised as 'Vibram Five Fingers', and so this sale would be against eBay guidelines.

Thanks.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 21
  Print  

Jump to: