BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
September 22, 2014, 04:13:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: shame on me  (Read 3212 times)
hinogi

hinogi is a regular 'round here.hinogi is a regular 'round here.hinogi is a regular 'round here.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2010, 01:19:44 PM »

hahaha! no i do not have stockholm, but i did get a luagh outa that. thanks. and before this, there hasnt been anything like this. she is ussually pretty relaxed about it. doesnt really care. and i never wear em around her intentionally. if i remember, i wear sandals or chucks. or go completely barefoot. Smiley but honestly, its a step towards getting her in some fives. 0r at least accepting them. its a wierd relationship, but i like it.
Hide all her shoes (if that is even possible) and only leave one pair of VFF Tongue
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2010, 01:19:44 PM »

hippierunner

hippierunner is well known.hippierunner is well known.hippierunner is well known.hippierunner is well known.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2010, 11:17:01 PM »

Wow, that sucks man.  My partner really didn't like the look of VFF at first, but grew to accept them after seeing how much I enjoy running in them, and is even considering getting a pair (1.5years later).  If your footwear is the cause for an ultimatum/breakup, you might want to question what the relationship is ultimately about.  If my partner told me to choose either my VFF or breakup, it would be an easy decision, my health and well being.
RayKay

RayKay is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2010, 12:51:39 PM »

I am incredibly curious as to what ever happened here morgan with this girl! I came across this post by chance.

I hope you told her to hit the road (in her VFF free feet) if she kept with that ultimatum?

Ultimatums are just not a healthy thing overall to "put on" a partner, and not a sign of a healthy emotionally aware woman!

And to make it an issue of trust? What is up with that! This is not a trust issue at all. She sounds incredibly immature.

My husband and I both are VFF owners, so no issues there, but gosh, there are plenty of times my husband is aghast at what I am wearing, I am sure, and he may laugh a little, but he would never tell me what to wear (or not wear) or that it is "the clothes or him". I am proud to walk down the street with him in his crazy Hawaiian shirts, if that is what he so desires to wear that particular day.  My husband may wonder why I need more than one pair of VFF's (for running in various conditions of course!), but then I wonder why he needs four pairs of hiking boots (for hiking....in the same conditions, ha ha?), but we certainly don't get on one another about it!

VFF's: KSOx2, Treks, Bikila x2, Bikila LS, Jaya LR x3, Spyridon LS, Komodosports LS x3, Signa
Non-VFF's: Soft Star Ramblers, Merry Janes, Phoenix, Roos (with TLS), VivoBarefoot Vienna Boots, Off Road Hi's, Neo Trails, Jing Jings x3, Merrell Wonder Gloves x2, Konvines x2
morgan_4785

morgan_4785 is starting to look familiar.morgan_4785 is starting to look familiar.

live free or die hard

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2010, 08:21:31 AM »

well it just kinda blew over. i just dont wear em around her or anywhere i think she'll show up. coach doesnt let me work out in them either but oh well. me and liz actually just moved on and forgot about it. very happy right now and have been. Smiley

jesus Saves
Feet are the greatest piece of technology ever. guess who made them? God
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2010, 08:21:31 AM »

ems

ems is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2010, 11:53:02 AM »

She sounds very shallow, maybe you like shallow
Chanel80

Chanel80 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2010, 12:38:34 PM »

lol
Anderson

Anderson is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2010, 02:31:42 PM »

Well, anything deeper than say...6mm or so...and his feet might get wet in his VFF's.  Wink

"Buy me a Bushmills, I'll sing you a song."
Fwear

Fwear is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2010, 03:06:57 PM »

My wife is allowing me to wear my black KSO's to her mothers 50th birthday party.  Its a dress up event.    Hooray for my wife!
« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 08:40:45 PM by Fwear » Logged
ems

ems is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2010, 03:49:16 PM »

My wife is allowing me to wear my black KSO's to he mothers 50th birthday party.  Its a dress up event.    Hooray for my wife!
Indeed, hooray for your wife!!! AS it should be imho
Christoffer

Christoffer is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2010, 03:57:15 PM »

In all seriousness, I think she's bluffing. Ultimatums are a tactic that some people (mostly women) use to extort their partners, but I think people are rarely willing to follow through. So I recommend calling her bluff. If she was bluffing, the relationship will be better because she will realize she can't use petty tactics to get her way. If she's not bluffing, then she's a crazy b1+(h and you deserve better.

- Chris
niubutterfly

niubutterfly is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2010, 02:38:45 AM »

Reading this thread was making me frustrated! I'm sorry, but as an adult (male or female) you should be able to wear whatever you want. If she's deciding what kind of shoes you can wear now, what will it be later? Who you can be friends with? What time you can stay out till? She's acting like your mom, not your girl. She sounds very insecure about herself, and knowingly or not, she's projecting onto you.
areminefake

areminefake is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2010, 02:31:51 PM »

So damn stupid, I mean seriously, STUPID!

Like seriously, you should always look at the ultimatum the other way around.  If the person is willing to break up with me just because of what I wear, does that person appreciate me enough?

If a girl told me she would break up with me if I did not take a multivitamin every day (which I do), I'd break up with her just because she does not appreciate me enough and is a shallow person.

I can understand something like drugs, and her not wanting to get emotionally attached any further with someone who is ruining his life.  But something like what you wear.  Drop her!  Respect yourself some more bro!
kuo34

kuo34 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2010, 12:14:13 AM »

There are occasions to wear very specific shoes (job requirement, safety requirement, special events), but as far as everyday wear that should be up to you.  I know the VFFs have given me a new way to run (something I love) that doesn't give me back or knee pain.  My wife understands that, even though she's not at all into them beyond curiosity.

Ultimatums are usually a sign of some other problems.  Sure it may be the straw that breaks the camel's back, but there's a ton of other crap under that straw.

Good luck.  Hope you keep your VFFs.
barefoot_explorer

barefoot_explorer is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2010, 12:53:28 AM »

If the girl can't handle the shoes then get out while you still can........shes not your girl for sure. 

Terra Plana vivo barefoot - Aqua(suede), Dharma(leather)
VFF - Treksport, and Sprint
Paper feet sandals

I'm barefoot almost always outside of work.  I only wear shoes at work 5 days a week/6-7 hours per day.
Barefoot at gym, running, shopping in stores, etc
bohicawill

bohicawill is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2010, 09:57:38 AM »

Morgan, if I were the one who wrote this thread then my final sentence would have read "Gee I am going to miss her because I will not give in to ultimatums". But that's just me! Good Luck! Smiley
« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 01:53:43 PM by bohicawill » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: