BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
October 23, 2014, 05:18:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Spyridon avalible in america now.  (Read 1731 times)
BearFooted
Global Moderator

BearFooted is a regular 'round here.BearFooted is a regular 'round here.BearFooted is a regular 'round here.

View Profile WWW
« on: May 25, 2012, 07:41:04 PM »

Hey everyone.  Not sure if this has been noted or not.  The Spyridon (The version with the strap) is available for purchase right now at REI.  They are being released earlier then August.  REI will have them for this month.  They should be in more stores later in June/July. 

Funny thing the men's version on the REI website has the wrong photo.  I ordered a pair though and they just arrived.  They are the right style and everything.   So you can ignore the little mistake on the page.
'
http://www.rei.com/product/835699/vibram-fivefingers-spyridon-trail-running-shoes-mens

http://www.rei.com/product/835857/vibram-fivefingers-spyridon-trail-running-shoes-womens

Check out all of the articles I have written for BirthdayShoes.com!
« on: May 25, 2012, 07:41:04 PM »

Jeepman

Jeepman is well known.Jeepman is well known.Jeepman is well known.Jeepman is well known.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2012, 10:04:07 AM »

Thanks for the heads up. May I ask for one favor? Can you give us updates on how durable the painted on stripes are after you wear them a while? I'm asking this because I bought a pair of Spyridon LS and ended up returning them because the stripes cracked and started to flake off. I just wish Vibram would stop it with the painted on stripes.

Rgs, Jeepman

Arch support?... We don't need no stinking arch support!
MJ

MJ is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2012, 02:04:59 PM »

Bearfooted, thanks for the heads up!!

I have been waiting for the fall 2012 strap version of the spyridon, because the LS system does not work for me. I am a male with small feet.  Now that I have seen the color selections, true to vibramís marketing to only make the W38-40 in an only a female color I will not be buying a pair.

Any work on the Lantra release/colors?
somnapathy

somnapathy is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2012, 02:16:12 PM »

This is good news.  As with the KomodoSport LS, Vibram skimped on the laces with the Spyridon LS.  So a person with high insteps like myself can't wear 'em (contrary to their advertising claims).  I'll be interested in checking these out.
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2012, 02:16:12 PM »

climbingbubba

climbingbubba is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2012, 03:11:27 PM »

Those look AMAZING!!!

I haven't liked any of the LS version of any VFF's so this looks perfect.  I think once my Minimus MT10's wear out I will get some of these.  Trail running is my new passion and after getting the SeeYa's for road I have been wanting a trail shoe to match
BearFooted
Global Moderator

BearFooted is a regular 'round here.BearFooted is a regular 'round here.BearFooted is a regular 'round here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2012, 03:51:24 PM »

I feel like the pain on this pair will last much longer.  There is also some sort of shiny rubber coating on the top.  I think the rubber coating will hold the fabric so that the pain does not crack as quickly.  Keep in mind this is just a theory as I have not had time to wear them a bunch.

Jeepman I was worried about the striped in my Spyridon LS as well.  I have been wearing mine for a long time.  They still have not cracked.  I am not running in them just wearing them as an everyday shoe.  Did you run in yours?  I think the running motion puts more stress on the fabric which causes the pain to crack. 

I like the strap version over the LS version in the Spyridon.  The strap is interesting I tried to take a photograph at it.  It is part KSO strap part FLOW strap.  The part that goes over your top of foot is the FLOW style of streachy and the part around the back of the foot is like a KSO strap.

MCvet

MCvet is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2012, 08:08:22 PM »

mine are cracked. not flaking though. and i wear mine daily. I've only washed them maybe 12 times. but i like the sole and shoe.

Trek LS Brown 45... Speed black/white 46... Flow black 45... KSO REMIX 45... Bikila white/red 45... KSO trek brown 45... Komodo yellow 45... 1 Black and 1 Brown bormio's 45... Green Spyridon 45...  Yellow/Blk SeeYa 45
Horse Rider

Horse Rider is starting to look familiar.Horse Rider is starting to look familiar.

Life without animals is not worth living

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2012, 11:31:02 PM »

Bearfooted, why do you say pain instead of paint, is it some kind of US thing I don't know about or something ?  Huh

Treksport Pink
Bikila Silver/Verde,LS Purple
Flow Black
Sprint Black,Slate/Palmx2,Fuschia,Blue/Aqua
Classic Stormy Sea,Chili,Grey/Orange,Mauvex2,Lilac,Khaki,Suomy,Yellow/Grey,Sand/Dusty Blue,SW Charcoal
Alitza Grey/Rose
Spyridon LS
Stems,Lems,EvoII,Off Rd Hi,Boxing Boot,Lucy Lite,Konvinesx2
Komodo1988

Komodo1988 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2012, 12:17:11 AM »

Those look cheap. Or is that just me?
BearFooted
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2012, 01:24:53 AM »

probably because I am typing fast.  if the auto correct does not recognize it as a misspelled word I will not notice it. 

Jeepman

Jeepman is well known.Jeepman is well known.Jeepman is well known.Jeepman is well known.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2012, 04:12:38 PM »

Jeepman I was worried about the striped in my Spyridon LS as well.  I have been wearing mine for a long time.  They still have not cracked.  I am not running in them just wearing them as an everyday shoe.  Did you run in yours?  I think the running motion puts more stress on the fabric which causes the pain to crack. 

Yes, I do a lot of running. Mine actually developed cracks on the first 5 mile trail run I did in them. I continued to use them for several more runs and really liked the way they worked for me. I think I put about 40 miles on them before I returned them. By then the paint was flaking off and looked terrible. It really is a shame for such a good product to be ruined by cheap paint graphics.

Arch support?... We don't need no stinking arch support!
kawininja

kawininja is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2012, 10:56:14 PM »

This is funny as I just ordered a pair of what I thought were the "LS" shoes from REI.  Got them in the mail and they were the strap version you have listed above.  I didn't like them one bit.  I like the styling of the LS orange much better and the strap version didn't feel right at all.  But, then again, I love my komodosport and bilila LS shoes to death. 

I ended up shipping the shoes right back and ordering the LS version.

Thanks REI for posting the wrong picture (the LS) and costing me shipping charges....
BearFooted
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2012, 11:48:37 AM »

I already sent them a couple of e-mails and stuff about the error on the website.  I told them this exact thing would happen...  They fixed it recently... although now they have a photo of the green version without offering it.

I ended up ordering the green version from Europe not long ago because I figured they would not release the green version in America. 

JustinB

JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2012, 12:03:28 PM »

This is funny as I just ordered a pair of what I thought were the "LS" shoes from REI.  Got them in the mail and they were the strap version you have listed above.  I didn't like them one bit.  I like the styling of the LS orange much better and the strap version didn't feel right at all.  But, then again, I love my komodosport and bilila LS shoes to death. 

I ended up shipping the shoes right back and ordering the LS version.

Thanks REI for posting the wrong picture (the LS) and costing me shipping charges....

i would ask them to reimburse you. they had the wrong info on their page

42 Grey/Palm/Clay KSO, 43 Black Classic, 44 Black Moc, 43 Black/White Speed,43 Grey/Green Bikila LS, 43 Black/Day Glow SeeYa
44 Black/White Vivobarefoot Neo, 43 Black Vivobarefoot Ra
somnapathy

somnapathy is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2012, 01:06:51 AM »

It's not too surprising that REI got the picture wrong, when Vibram USA's website doesn't even have the shoes listed yet.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: