BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
September 02, 2014, 07:35:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: STARTING TO GET IRRITATED BY SO MANY SILLY QUESTIONS!!  (Read 2309 times)
tak555

tak555 is starting to look familiar.tak555 is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2010, 02:11:48 PM »

...sorry rana
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 04:35:25 PM by tak555 » Logged

i stole this from member Ableobject... but it's cool:
....oooO..............
.....(....)...Oooo...
......)../.....(....)....
.....(_/.......)../.....
...............(_/.......
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2010, 02:11:48 PM »

Rana
Global Moderator
Superstar

Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2010, 02:37:38 PM »

Again... take it easy folks.

All an octopus needs to trap a human is a door with three knobs.

Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/56809170@N00/sets/72157622338419245/
Gallery: http://sungazer.zenfolio.com
Fwear

Fwear is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2010, 04:54:06 PM »

Any suggestions on how to cultivate the patience to deal with the irritation?  Any tricks that people have found to cope with the questions - and questioners?

I just remind myself of the fact that many people have never seen anything like them & mentally prepare for the reactions.
Sometimes I calmly, politely, and subtlety call people out for being rude.
For example:
Person: Those are the weirdest looking thing I have ever seen.
Me: Gee thanks.
Person: Well I mean, they are so cool..... ladeedadeeda....

It seemed she felt like a real jerk for speaking without thinking.
If I feel like talking a bit more, I tell them that shoes that resemble feet are not odd looking.  Shoes that make it seem like you have one big toe with a giant toenail are weird.
Sometimes, I just smile and nod, thinking about the 30 or so pages of forum responses in the section on bystander comments.

Rana
Global Moderator
Superstar

Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2010, 06:11:53 PM »

Shoes that make it seem like you have one big toe with a giant toenail are weird.

*laughing*

« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2010, 06:11:53 PM »

jediobiwan

jediobiwan is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2010, 11:06:24 PM »

I haven't had mine long enough to get irritated with questions or have any particularly rude comments, but what gets me is people talking about them when you can hear them. If you want to talk to me about them, talk to me, not two feet behind me and act like I am deaf.
toastergirl

toastergirl is a regular 'round here.toastergirl is a regular 'round here.toastergirl is a regular 'round here.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2010, 10:44:45 AM »

I haven't had mine long enough to get irritated with questions or have any particularly rude comments, but what gets me is people talking about them when you can hear them. If you want to talk to me about them, talk to me, not two feet behind me and act like I am deaf.

I totally agree!!  Angry  that's one of my biggest pet peeves.  Its just rude...no matter what they are talking about...my shoes...my hair...clothes....etc. 

I heard a daughter say to a mom once "hey! I am sure she can  ear you mom! stop that!" LOL! that was funny...

"A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame sombody else" --Pre
jediobiwan

jediobiwan is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2010, 03:04:33 PM »

I totally agree!!  Angry  that's one of my biggest pet peeves.  Its just rude...no matter what they are talking about...my shoes...my hair...clothes....etc. 

I heard a daughter say to a mom once "hey! I am sure she can  ear you mom! stop that!" LOL! that was funny...

Being the person I am, I would have responded, "Why yes I can. Glad manners are not genetic!"
ap19

ap19 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2010, 03:23:33 PM »

From what I hear, it seems the British public asks me more politely and discretely. I guess my trick for not being irritated is remembering how happy I am with this footwear and share the love  Grin 

Definitely true - i can see that people want to say something but they only ever do if you engage them or get eye contact with them, and they are normally very polite about it.

When you've done something right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all...
toastergirl

toastergirl is a regular 'round here.toastergirl is a regular 'round here.toastergirl is a regular 'round here.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2010, 03:24:41 PM »

LOL! that would have been a good response!!  Shocked

Being the person I am, I would have responded, "Why yes I can. Glad manners are not genetic!"

"A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame sombody else" --Pre
whiteknight

whiteknight is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2010, 02:44:27 PM »

it comes with the shoes.  To wear VFFs you have to kinda be passionate about them, or you would go with a Vivo or some other minimalist type shoe. 

This sounds weird but I swear it works, if you walk faster and hold your posture more dominant people will ask you more respectfully.  It is a neat little mental game to play.  When I am walking through a store I will have a "busy" pace, with a military like posture, people will feel the confidence vibe and think twice about a smart ass comment.  If they are serious about their inquiry they will be polite.
Rana
Global Moderator
Superstar

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2010, 07:55:09 PM »

Posture definitely plays a role, yes.  I find that when I'm in a social mood, more people notice my VFFs than when I look like I'm in a hurry or when I make a point of avoiding eye contact.  It's a rather fun sort of psychological experiment.

toastergirl

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2010, 08:49:16 AM »

I do generally walk with a good, upright, confident posture -- people don't usually bother me.  I didn't used to be like that and I would get people bothering me all the time.  However, I think there are just people who are antagonists and negative no matter what.  Some people get trapped in negativity and look for every opportunity to feed it.   I find giving that type of person positive answers will make them stop, as they are not getting what they are ultimately looking for. Just sometimes I get frustrated dealing with it...

I really don't mind if people talk to me about them, and ask me directly -- I will talk to anyone, even if they are asking 'silly' questions -- some people just don't know about them and they are very non-traditional looking.  I get less and less questions about "what are those??" -- more of "oh! those are those shoes i read about...do you like them?" or something like that as they get more and more into the general public domain. 

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: