BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
October 31, 2014, 07:25:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: The Offical: I Got My Spyridon LS Thread.  (Read 4944 times)
BearFooted
Global Moderator

BearFooted is a regular 'round here.BearFooted is a regular 'round here.BearFooted is a regular 'round here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2012, 07:23:20 PM »

I never really wear them without socks.  If I try I usually end up talking going back and putting socks on before I leave the house.  I just don't like the way the models feel against my bare feet.      I think I left the house maybe 5 times total in FiveFingers without socks.  The last time was sometime last September/November 2011. 

Part of the reason why is because I have OCD.  So people say that because they feel like they are quirky... no I really have it and it can affect my life.  When you put the shoes on with no socks they each feels differently.  Even my 4 pairs of KSO feel different between the different colors.  That drives me crazy.  Like bat shit crazy.  If I leave the house without socks I end up fidgeting with the shoes all the time trying to move them around or adjust them. 

The socks create the same wearing experience between all the shoes.  Once I put my foot in a sock all the shoes feel the same inside.  I no longer feel various seams or differences between the various models.  It lets me wear my Bormio and switch to a KSO Trek, or Spyridon LS with out having to focus on how different each model feels against my feet. 

If I don't wear socks am constantly pushing my fingers between the toe seams to make sure they always in the right place.  I get enough looks in public wearing FiveFingers.  Last thing I need is for poeple to notice me in FiveFingers being obsessive.  That is why I always wear socks. 

In the long run it does help the odor control and the blister issues.  For me though it is a very personal reason I wear socks all the time.

Check out all of the articles I have written for BirthdayShoes.com!
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2012, 07:23:20 PM »

BearFooted
Global Moderator

BearFooted is a regular 'round here.BearFooted is a regular 'round here.BearFooted is a regular 'round here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2012, 03:33:29 PM »

So far I must say I am really liking these shoes for everyday wear.  The rock block effect really does offer quite a smooth ride.  When you walk on the Trek sole it can be a little bumpy feeling because of the lugs.  The Spyrdion sole feels very smooth when you walk.  You don't feel any of the lugs or anything when you walk.  Very nice design. 

Toed

Toed is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2012, 06:25:51 PM »

If I don't wear socks am constantly pushing my fingers between the toe seams to make sure they always in the right place. 

This is the reason that I didn't like the Bikila Ls.  I always felt like they were not properly fitting between my toes and it always felt like my toes would pop out of the pockets.  But hopefully socks will help this some
Lyonel

Lyonel is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2012, 09:04:15 AM »

Got mine today. First thing noticed is the short laces. Its still kinda hard to get my (wide) feet in the Spyridons.

Bikila - Bikila LS (2x) - Bormio - Classic (2x) - Komodosport - Komodosport LS - KSO Trek (retired) - KSO Treksport - Trek LS (2x) - Seeya - Sorrento - Speed - Spyridon LS - KSO Remix - ElX

Adipure Lace Trainer-Original Luna ATS laces-LEMS Boulder Boot
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2012, 09:04:15 AM »

BearFooted
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2012, 01:12:34 AM »

Can you find my Spyridon LS in this photo?  
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 04:28:37 AM by BearFooted » Logged

Lyonel

Lyonel is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2012, 03:21:41 AM »

Can you find my Spyridon LS in this photo?  http://www.lytro.com/pictures/23146

Nope... I see the Seeya's though, am I missing something?

Bikila - Bikila LS (2x) - Bormio - Classic (2x) - Komodosport - Komodosport LS - KSO Trek (retired) - KSO Treksport - Trek LS (2x) - Seeya - Sorrento - Speed - Spyridon LS - KSO Remix - ElX

BearFooted
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2012, 04:28:51 AM »

I provided the wrong url.  Try this one:  http://pictures.lytro.com/rfbarr/pictures/23145/23145

sbrem

sbrem is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2012, 07:59:55 AM »

I provided the wrong url.  Try this one:  http://pictures.lytro.com/rfbarr/pictures/23145/23145

That link didn't work either.  Try this one http://pictures.lytro.com/rfbarr/pictures/23145
sbrem

sbrem is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2012, 08:02:05 AM »

Bearfooted, which Vivobarefoot model is that in the bottom of the picture?
BearFooted
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2012, 07:43:04 PM »

That would be the Hydrophobic Neo from VB.

sbrem

sbrem is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2012, 07:53:10 PM »

That would be the Hydrophobic Neo from VB.

Thanks. I have a few pairs of Vivobarefoots, but didn't recognize that sole.
BearFooted
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2012, 05:20:25 AM »

Seems like the SeeYa is a more popular model just by the number of replies between this thread an the SeeYa thread.

Lyonel

Lyonel is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2012, 06:43:02 AM »

I live in an urban area so I havent had the change yet to put them really to the test. ( I must admit that I bought them out of greed).

Cannabidude

Cannabidude is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2012, 12:26:09 AM »

got my spyridons today! love the feel. very smooth ride as mentioned. 2 mile hike over boulders and loose dirt/rock trails. very much as advertised great grip on all surfaces. awesome ground feel and the rockblock really worked for me. i had been having trouble with rocks hitting my arches on some of the rougher parts while wearing my treks, but with the spyridons all is golden! only ran into a little mud so i couldnt really test that. did notice tightness in the top of the arch on my left foot. should lossen up i think. very happy with my purchase. a must have for trailbusting or free running!
Captain

Captain is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2012, 07:19:02 PM »

Can someone tell me how to pronounce Spyridon? I've heard it several ways.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: