BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
October 21, 2014, 01:21:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: top of foot pain  (Read 508 times)
Ang1234

Ang1234 is a new face.

View Profile
« on: June 27, 2012, 11:23:20 AM »

I've been wearing my KSOs for a little over a month now and have been on my feet for 2 to 4 miles almost daily (jogging or walking). Last week, I was trying to break in a new pair of Sprints. The band digs into my achiles...I stretched the band by placing my toddler's shoes inside the band and leaving them there. There were wearable on Friday, but still pretty snug (I have really wide feet). I wore them most of the day. In the evening, I jogged 2 miles in my KSOs and then rode my bike around the subdivision for 1 hour. The top of my right foot hurt bad enough the next day that I put ice on it. The left one hurt, but not as much. I am wondering if the pain is from exercise (the bike was the only thing out of the ordinary in my exercise routine) or the Sprints being tight. Any ideas? There is no swelling...just pain about half way between my toes and my ankle (top of the foot).
« on: June 27, 2012, 11:23:20 AM »

Horse Rider

Horse Rider is starting to look familiar.Horse Rider is starting to look familiar.

Life without animals is not worth living

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2012, 01:58:26 PM »

TOFP is usually from too much too soon, scale back the amount of exercise done in minimalist shoes. And make sure to increase very gradually again. It took me 4 months to get to 6 miles, I started with 5-10 minutes runs for many weeks. And consciously relax your anterior tibialis (the muscle at the front of your leg that lifts your foot up) while you run or walk.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 01:04:39 PM by Horse Rider » Logged

Treksport Pink
Bikila Silver/Verde,LS Purple
Flow Black
Sprint Black,Slate/Palmx2,Fuschia,Blue/Aqua
Classic Stormy Sea,Chili,Grey/Orange,Mauvex2,Lilac,Khaki,Suomy,Yellow/Grey,Sand/Dusty Blue,SW Charcoal
Alitza Grey/Rose
Spyridon LS
Stems,Lems,EvoII,Off Rd Hi,Boxing Boot,Lucy Lite,Konvinesx2
Joel S

Joel S is a new face.

Toe wigglin'

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2012, 02:02:16 PM »

TOFP is usually from too much too soon, scale back the amount of exercise done in minimalist shoes. And make sure to increase very gradually again. I took me 4 months to get to 6 miles, I started with 5-10 minutes runs for many weeks. And consciouly relax your anterior tibialis (the muscle at the front of your leg that lifts your foot up) while you run or walk.

I agree with this, I suffered the same but mine had some swelling. No swelling can be tendonosis IIRC... It comes on kinda suddenly, you'll be jogging with no pain, think you're invincible and push harder, then you're limping for a week and a half.
jmijares

jmijares is well known.jmijares is well known.jmijares is well known.jmijares is well known.

South Tower of the Golden Gate Bridge. 750 ft ASL.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2012, 08:21:29 AM »

TOFP is usually from too much too soon, scale back the amount of exercise done in minimalist shoes. And make sure to increase very gradually again. I took me 4 months to get to 6 miles, I started with 5-10 minutes runs for many weeks. And consciouly relax your anterior tibialis (the muscle at the front of your leg that lifts your foot up) while you run or walk.

I agree with this, I suffered the same but mine had some swelling. No swelling can be tendonosis IIRC... It comes on kinda suddenly, you'll be jogging with no pain, think you're invincible and push harder, then you're limping for a week and a half.

Mine hit suddenly too.  I was out for a four miler and it hit me half way. I had to limp home and was sidelined from running for two weeks.

Definitely cut your mileage down to a quarter of what you normally do in regular shoes for the next month or even two.  A really slow transition is always better and will lead to less injuries.

------------------------------------------------
3200 Miles in minimalist shoes since 17 April 2010

Currently running in B2R Raja Trainer

"Do you believe a man can change his destiny?"
"I believe a man does what he can, until his destiny is revealed."
- The Last Samurai
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2012, 08:21:29 AM »

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: