BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
October 21, 2014, 06:20:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Um...I caved in and joined the "three pairs of VFF" club.  (Read 2145 times)
Neti_Neti

Neti_Neti is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2010, 09:25:00 AM »

I just got my green Bilika's in the mail today. *sigh* I caved in as well.

Grin

Have you taken them for a spin yet?

I went lifting with them yesterday, and they were great. I am going to go running today and see how that works out!

They are extremely lite and more form fitting than the KSOs. I've read this, but its totally different experiencing them. Have you yet?
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2010, 09:25:00 AM »

balsam0

balsam0 is starting to look familiar.balsam0 is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2010, 01:03:28 PM »

Just wait till you get in the 6 pair range and you look at your collection and wonder why you started in the first place.  I have the best pair of shoes, and they were free.  Why did I spend $80+ on shoes when your bare feet are your best minimalist shoe option.  I am just hoping that some day shoes will not be a requirement at work.  Having to put on smelly classics each day is getting rough.  

Huaraches are only $20 I would suggest picking up the materials to make them.  They are my go to shoe in the summer on the weekends.  The slip-on method makes them easier to get on than VFFs.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 11:23:15 PM by balsam0 » Logged
RayKay

RayKay is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2010, 01:18:53 PM »

Just wait till you get in the 6 pair range and you look at your collection and wonder why you started in the first place.  I have the best pair of shoes, and they were free.  Why did I spend $80+ on shoes when your bare feet are your best minimalist shoe option.  I am just hoping that some day shoes will not be a requirement at work.  Having to put on smelly classics each day is getting rough. 

Huaraches are only $20 I would suggest picking up the materials to make them.  They are my go to shoe in the summer on the weekends.  The slip-on method makes them easier to get on the VFFs.

I do run barefoot, and am barefoot most of the day (i.e. around home and even while in my own office).

But, I started buying VFFs so that I could also run on my favoured trails in a more minimalist fashion!

For putting on something in a pinch, I still have my thin leather flip flops Smiley

VFF's: KSOx2, Treks, Bikila x2, Bikila LS, Jaya LR x3, Spyridon LS, Komodosports LS x3, Signa
Non-VFF's: Soft Star Ramblers, Merry Janes, Phoenix, Roos (with TLS), VivoBarefoot Vienna Boots, Off Road Hi's, Neo Trails, Jing Jings x3, Merrell Wonder Gloves x2, Konvines x2
qcassidy352

qcassidy352 is a regular 'round here.qcassidy352 is a regular 'round here.qcassidy352 is a regular 'round here.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2010, 01:49:12 PM »

Just wait till you get in the 6 pair range and you look at your collection and wonder why you started in the first place.  I have the best pair of shoes, and they were free.  Why did I spend $80+ on shoes when your bare feet are your best minimalist shoe option.  I am just hoping that some day shoes will not be a requirement at work.  Having to put on smelly classics each day is getting rough. 

Huaraches are only $20 I would suggest picking up the materials to make them.  They are my go to shoe in the summer on the weekends.  The slip-on method makes them easier to get on the VFFs.

Bare feet are not practical in many situations.  Many restaurants and places of business will out-right bar you from entering.  Temperatures outside the temperate range are not much fun.  And of course there are a lot of dangerous and/or disgusting things on the ground in many areas.  If you live in most parts of the western world, going barefoot in public (other than limited situations like a beach or a park) is not a realistic option and is not likely to become one.

"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet."
- Abraham Lincoln
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2010, 01:49:12 PM »

blemt

blemt is a new face.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2010, 06:48:01 PM »

I've got a seam that's just started to give me issues on my KSOs (after 6 months of wearing them constantly.) I've got a pair of Classics which are slightly snug and not ideal for my workouts.

So naturally I had to get a new pair. Smiley I just added a pair of W39 Bilkas to my pile. Next up I'm thinking Smartwool classics.

Yay for new footie shoes!
carbonfly

carbonfly is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2010, 07:08:53 PM »

3 pairs? pfffff....I've got 7. Just waiting on my Speeds to be delivered all the way from the UK. Hopefully next week they will arrive.
vfftriathlete

vfftriathlete is starting to look familiar.vfftriathlete is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2010, 04:58:00 AM »

I'm catching up 3 pairs classics 1 sprint 1 kso. I have the issue with the seam on each big toe when i run and the vibrams get wet like at yesterdays half marathon and at the rat race so i think a good excuse to buy some more ksos or bikilas
huntmol

huntmol is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2010, 11:29:49 PM »

Same here! I am now up to three with my Treks. My VFFs are starting to take over my closet lol
roy13i

roy13i is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2010, 01:03:40 AM »

I'm well on my way to my 3rd pair... Hope to order some classics soon.
xxraffyxx

xxraffyxx is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2010, 04:01:41 PM »

I only get into my first pair of five fingers two months ago, and I already have 3 pairs.  Black KSO, champagne red treksport, and smartwool classics.  I'm patiently waiting for the bikila ls to come out to make them my fourth pair.
a2run

a2run is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2010, 10:16:42 PM »

I am a new member here but already love it.  I just ordered a pair of black KSO Treks so I could wear them to work on days my brown Treks don't go with the belt or shirt.  Of course my black KSOs wo t work because I probably wore them to the gym that morning, and my Bikilas are strictly for running for me.

My wife, friends and coworkers all think I have lost it.  But I check in here and feel very much normal!!!  Roll Eyes
bohicawill

bohicawill is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2010, 10:42:21 PM »

Cheesy I have my fourth pair of sprints being delivered tommorrow, I just like all the neat colors and how they match the clothes i am wearing. I am truly embarrassed to post the actual number I have. Embarrassed My wife tells me I am trying to become the Emelda Marcos of the USA. Cheesy But I love those shoes my feet feel so good when I wear them, and after years of torturing them in steel toed shoes they are like Heaven on my feet!
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: