BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
July 22, 2014, 11:25:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: VFF's and Triathlons  (Read 2967 times)
zapsurf13

zapsurf13 is a new face.

View Profile
« on: April 28, 2010, 09:42:20 AM »

Has anyone worn their VFF's for a Triathlon? I was wondering how hard are they to get on in the transistion? Ive been practicing getting them on in a hurry but anyone that knows Triathlons everything goes hay-wire in the transistion. Just wondering if anyone has tried it??

Make friends with pain and you will never be alone.
« on: April 28, 2010, 09:42:20 AM »

balsam0

balsam0 is starting to look familiar.balsam0 is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2010, 10:02:10 AM »

What is the order of a triathlon?  I would think the only reason to wear VFFs would be for the biking section.
orlin03

orlin03 is starting to look familiar.orlin03 is starting to look familiar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2010, 10:52:17 AM »

What is the order of a triathlon?  I would think the only reason to wear VFFs would be for the biking section.
Why wouldn't you run in them?

I'm going to wear them at the Tri for Veterans at the end of next month.

vfftriathlete

vfftriathlete is starting to look familiar.vfftriathlete is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2010, 11:22:21 AM »

Because the last time I checked the rules at least for the UK events i am a referee for barefoot is not an option
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2010, 11:22:21 AM »

balsam0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2010, 11:41:18 AM »

Can't run barefoot?  Wow that is different.
orlin03

orlin03 is starting to look familiar.orlin03 is starting to look familiar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2010, 11:49:29 AM »

Can't run barefoot?  Wow that is different.
...especially since I finished the World Championships in my socks and was not disqualified...

toastergirl

toastergirl is a regular 'round here.toastergirl is a regular 'round here.toastergirl is a regular 'round here.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2010, 12:08:32 PM »

I have not done a tri in my VFFs yet....although I am planning on it this season. 

if i were to be doing a sprint/olympic tri i'd probably wear my sprints - as they are easier to get into than the KSO's - but I have found out that I get chafing on the top of my foot  from the strap, but that was with no socks and after about 5-6 miles of running, right near the end of the run.  So I would just suck it up for the last mile to save a little time in transition - i've lost an AG slot an olympic race by about 30 seconds --- about the time it might take to put on socks onto wet feet!

For anything longer (1/2 IM and beyond) I plan on wearing my KSO's - as transition time isn't quite as important as for shorter distances -- its a long day anyways and i'll take the extra time to be more comfortable on the run.   

that was also my cut off for wearing socks or not at a race when I was wearing traditional running shoes - I'd get blisters running after about 6 miles without  socks.   

"A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame sombody else" --Pre
vfftriathlete

vfftriathlete is starting to look familiar.vfftriathlete is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2010, 12:15:45 PM »

Current Brtish Triathlon Rules state

Section 28 Running Conduct

28.3 Competitors may not run on the defined run course without shoes or with a bare torso
toastergirl

toastergirl is a regular 'round here.toastergirl is a regular 'round here.toastergirl is a regular 'round here.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2010, 12:18:48 PM »

wow! hmmm...wonder if the USA Triahtlon rules are similar?? 

"A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame sombody else" --Pre
JohnnyIdaho

JohnnyIdaho is a new face.

Black KSO's

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2010, 12:27:13 PM »

The Triathlons near me are just local productions, but most of them have the swimming in a pool the day before the bike run?  Has anyone done any thing like this?  Seems sort of weak to me, but I might go for it

"You can call your turkey organic and torture it daily. "

Jonathan Safran Foer (Eating Animals)
vfftriathlete

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2010, 12:33:10 PM »

I have done a couple pool events where it is done as 3 time trials but all on the same day
hinogi

hinogi is a regular 'round here.hinogi is a regular 'round here.hinogi is a regular 'round here.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2010, 12:44:10 PM »

What do the rules tell about wearing shoes while swimming?
balsam0

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2010, 01:51:41 PM »

I have not done a tri in my VFFs yet....although I am planning on it this season. 

if i were to be doing a sprint/olympic tri i'd probably wear my sprints - as they are easier to get into than the KSO's - but I have found out that I get chafing on the top of my foot  from the strap, but that was with no socks and after about 5-6 miles of running, right near the end of the run.  So I would just suck it up for the last mile to save a little time in transition - i've lost an AG slot an olympic race by about 30 seconds --- about the time it might take to put on socks onto wet feet!

For anything longer (1/2 IM and beyond) I plan on wearing my KSO's - as transition time isn't quite as important as for shorter distances -- its a long day anyways and i'll take the extra time to be more comfortable on the run.   

that was also my cut off for wearing socks or not at a race when I was wearing traditional running shoes - I'd get blisters running after about 6 miles without  socks.   

I would recommend putting a piece of moleskin under the strap.  That is what I did with mine and they feel awesome.  The reason I put the moleskin on in the first place was different.  The stitching was sharp enough to cut me.
vfftriathlete

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2010, 03:12:05 PM »

UK rules forbid any sort of footwear in the swim section of the event i'm afraid otherwise apart from getting a wetsuit off could just wear a pair of vff's for the whole event
hinogi

hinogi is a regular 'round here.hinogi is a regular 'round here.hinogi is a regular 'round here.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2010, 03:37:36 PM »

UK rules forbid any sort of footwear in the swim section of the event i'm afraid otherwise apart from getting a wetsuit off could just wear a pair of vff's for the whole event
Guess a full VFF triathlon would be kinda cool.
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: