BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
August 23, 2014, 03:14:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: VFF GRADO Smoked Pearl and Sand Brown  (Read 2354 times)
Lyonel

Lyonel is a new face.

View Profile
« on: June 29, 2012, 08:44:52 AM »

just some pictures of the Grado's I bought for my girlfriend and mother.
Can't give you the lowdown because my girl is abroad for work and my mom will get these on sunday.

Enjoy...

Bikila - Bikila LS (2x) - Bormio - Classic (2x) - Komodosport - Komodosport LS - KSO Trek (retired) - KSO Treksport - Trek LS (2x) - Seeya - Sorrento - Speed - Spyridon LS - KSO Remix - ElX

Adipure Lace Trainer-Original Luna ATS laces-LEMS Boulder Boot
« on: June 29, 2012, 08:44:52 AM »

vffjeeper04

vffjeeper04 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2012, 12:20:08 PM »

I actually like these. I would get a pair.

VFF's: M42 Classics (Walnut/Brown), M41 Flows (Black), M41 Speeds (Black and white), M41 KSO Treks (Black)
Non VFF's: Barefeet, NB Minimus MB10, Inov8 Evoskin M (Smoke)
Mr. Leigh
Superstar

Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.

23 pair VFFs, 3 pair Stems, 5 VB, & 2 Teva

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2012, 12:23:50 PM »

Those would make for some interesting tan lines.  I would wear these if they made them, or something similar in men's.  Since I have wide feet, I likely won't be squeezing into any of the women's versions.

So be sure when you step.
Step with care and great tact and remember that Life's a Great Balancing Act.
Just never forget to be dexterous and deft. 
And never mix up your right foot and your left.

Oh, the Places You'll Go! by Dr. Suess
Lyonel

Lyonel is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2012, 12:38:36 PM »

You mean... You guys would actually wear this model if they came in men size???

Bikila - Bikila LS (2x) - Bormio - Classic (2x) - Komodosport - Komodosport LS - KSO Trek (retired) - KSO Treksport - Trek LS (2x) - Seeya - Sorrento - Speed - Spyridon LS - KSO Remix - ElX

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2012, 12:38:36 PM »

Mr. Leigh
Superstar

Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2012, 01:03:20 PM »

Yes, the Classics are my favorite VFF by far and these are very Classic like.  I am not 100% sold on how they are as-is, but I would certainly try a male specific version if it were made.  These might be a little too feminine, I am kind of on the fence about them, but I am sure even if they were not, that my feet would be too wide for them.  I like the grey, or smoked pearl as they are calling it.

Horse Rider

Horse Rider is starting to look familiar.Horse Rider is starting to look familiar.

Life without animals is not worth living

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2012, 01:23:09 PM »

Euhhh... aren't the Sorrentos the male version of the Grado??  Huh To me it's the exact same shoe, with feminine features on the Grado, more openness and lace like pattern, but the rest is the same: toes, sole, insole, material, elastic band, etc.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 01:42:03 PM by Horse Rider » Logged

Treksport Pink
Bikila Silver/Verde,LS Purple
Flow Black
Sprint Black,Slate/Palmx2,Fuschia,Blue/Aqua
Classic Stormy Sea,Chili,Grey/Orange,Mauvex2,Lilac,Khaki,Suomy,Yellow/Grey,Sand/Dusty Blue,SW Charcoal
Alitza Grey/Rose
Spyridon LS
Stems,Lems,EvoII,Off Rd Hi,Boxing Boot,Lucy Lite,Konvinesx2
Lyonel

Lyonel is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2012, 02:31:53 PM »

I have to agree with Horse Rider.

JustinB

JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2012, 02:49:38 PM »

I think the Sorrento and Grado are the shoes created from one idea, but they are not the male/female version of the same shoe. When I think of Male/Female I think of the other models where it is the same shoe except different colorways.

Calling these the male/female of the same shoe would be like calling the Carezza and the Bormio the same shoe.  Both a boot and the same sole but different overall styling.  I could absolutely see some guys liking the idea of a cleaned up looking classic like the Grado is.

42 Grey/Palm/Clay KSO, 43 Black Classic, 44 Black Moc, 43 Black/White Speed,43 Grey/Green Bikila LS, 43 Black/Day Glow SeeYa
44 Black/White Vivobarefoot Neo, 43 Black Vivobarefoot Ra
Mr. Leigh
Superstar

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2012, 02:51:22 PM »

Euhhh... aren't the Sorrentos the male version of the Grado??  Huh To me it's the exact same shoe, with feminine features on the Grado, more openness and lace like pattern, but the rest is the same: toes, sole, insole, material, elastic band, etc.

Sorrento is less open and more like a penny loafer.  The Grado is more like a Classic.  If they made a male version of the Grado with a slightly less feminine cut, I'd be all over it.  The Sorrento seems more like a business casual offering or even a house slipper.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 04:25:09 PM by Mr. Leigh » Logged

skye97

skye97 is starting to look familiar.skye97 is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2012, 03:47:42 PM »

Are these only available in Europe?  You have a lucky girlfriend and mom! Smiley
Horse Rider

Horse Rider is starting to look familiar.Horse Rider is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2012, 04:10:09 PM »

The Carezza and Bormio are nothing alike, unlike the Grado and Sorrento, which have everything in common except a different cut around the opening. I guess unless we can speak to the designer we can't know for sure what he was going for, but I'm sticking to my opinion  Grin

Treksport Pink
Flow Black
Classic Stormy Sea,Chili,Grey/Orange,Mauvex2,Lilac,Khaki,Suomy,Yellow/Grey,Sand/Dusty Blue,SW Charcoal
Alitza Grey/Rose
Spyridon LS
Mr. Leigh
Superstar

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2012, 04:27:34 PM »

The cut outs on these kind of remind me of the jelly shoes that girls wore when I was a child.

Lyonel

Lyonel is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2012, 04:31:49 PM »

When I think of Male/Female I think of the other models where it is the same shoe except different colorways.

That would mean you can wear high heels if they're in a manly colour.  Undecided Huh

Horse Rider

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2012, 04:38:06 PM »

When I think of Male/Female I think of the other models where it is the same shoe except different colorways.

That would mean you can wear high heels if they're in a manly colour.  Undecided Huh

Cheesy You just put a very funny image in my mind

Treksport Pink
Flow Black
Alitza Grey/Rose
Spyridon LS
Lyonel

Lyonel is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2012, 04:47:40 PM »

Cheesy You just put a very funny image in my mind

Ooh behave girl  Tongue

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: