BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
October 23, 2014, 12:28:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]
  Print  
Author Topic: VFF Sightings in Public  (Read 11512 times)
Mr. Leigh
Superstar

Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.

23 pair VFFs, 3 pair Stems, 5 VB, & 2 Teva

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: April 17, 2012, 01:29:16 PM »

While at Disney for 4 days wearing my brown Sprints, I saw approximately 20-25 people with them each day. I did see nearly 40 people with VFF at Epcot the day I was at the park. It was pretty enlightening to see a WHOLE family of 5 with VFF at Epcot.

Do you have a picture of your brown sprints that you can post on the forums?  I have never seen that color, unless you mean the taupe which is lighter, almost tan.  I have Brown/Brown KSOs and Walnut/Brown Classics.  Don't ever recall seeing a brown offering in the Sprints.

So be sure when you step.
Step with care and great tact and remember that Life's a Great Balancing Act.
Just never forget to be dexterous and deft. 
And never mix up your right foot and your left.

Oh, the Places You'll Go! by Dr. Suess
« Reply #105 on: April 17, 2012, 01:29:16 PM »

Mr. Leigh
Superstar

Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.

23 pair VFFs, 3 pair Stems, 5 VB, & 2 Teva

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 04, 2012, 12:04:09 PM »

While pumping gas yesterday in my Navy/White/White Classics, someone came up behind me to fill up and they were wearing the Black/Green Bikila LS.  It is very uncommon to see other VFFs in the small town that I work in, so I was a bit shocked.  I did not engage the guy in conversation.

So be sure when you step.
Step with care and great tact and remember that Life's a Great Balancing Act.
Just never forget to be dexterous and deft. 
And never mix up your right foot and your left.

Oh, the Places You'll Go! by Dr. Suess
Amnesjr

Amnesjr is a new face.

This picture is definitely about running

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 05, 2012, 12:29:36 AM »

It seems I am the only one in my area with them, no one seems to know what they are or why I wear them.

Sophmore in high school, member of cross country and track team
VFF noob (owner of KSO Treks and Bikila LS)
Looking forward to converting to minimalist running
I also like turtles.
kwilliams

kwilliams is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 05, 2012, 07:37:44 AM »

I have seen them a few times, living in the DC area. heck I saw a young women running barefoot in my friend's neighborhood. I was like "WOO HOO barefoot running!!" (even though I don't do it LOL. I don't run unless I'm being chased,but I fully support barefoot runners!). My friend was like " I don't get that at all" and I just chuckled. I have seen a few people on the metro with them. I am always struck by how funny they look on other people and I realize that they likely look just as funny on me, but its like this super secret club "if people would just try these they'd see why they are so amazing!!"

Kelly - mom of 2, navy wife, jewelry maker and coffee addict.. new to minimalist/barefoot shoes and loving it!
Fan of Jayas, Frescas and Soft Star Shoes!
« Reply #108 on: October 05, 2012, 07:37:44 AM »

Amnesjr

Amnesjr is a new face.

This picture is definitely about running

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 05, 2012, 09:51:27 PM »

None of my friends give it a chance XD They just kinda spurn the entire idea of it. I guess they will just have to stick with their heavy arch support. Too bad for them  Tongue

Sophmore in high school, member of cross country and track team
VFF noob (owner of KSO Treks and Bikila LS)
Looking forward to converting to minimalist running
I also like turtles.
Dino Guy

Dino Guy is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 06, 2013, 10:02:27 PM »

VFFs are definitely losing the battle to MBT/Shape Up shoes (which should be banned as dangerous)--they are all over the place.

I agree with you that they are dangerous; however, I definitely do not agree that they should be banned because they're dangerous. In my opinion, consumers should have the right to wear whatever they want on their feet, at their own risk. Going by your logic, high heels are also dangerous, so should they also be banned? I don't think so. In my opinion, government has no right to prevent anyone from wearing certain types of footwear due to safety reasons.
I also believe that the government has no right to 'ban' unhealthy food and drinks (which is why I'm against New York City mayor Michael Bloomberg's proposed ban on large sodas), but that's another story.

By the way, I also think that it is sort of hypocritical for us barefooters and VFFers to propose banning certain types of footwear. I don't think we would like it that much if an arch support and orthotic-loving podiatrist became the new Mayor of New York City, and decided to ban going barefoot or wearing VFFs!
« Last Edit: September 06, 2013, 10:07:01 PM by Dino Guy » Logged

Once you free your feet, you will be delighted about feeling the ground underneath you, and your life will take on new meaning.

-----------------------
Horse Rider

Horse Rider is starting to look familiar.Horse Rider is starting to look familiar.

Life without animals is not worth living

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 09, 2013, 04:16:17 PM »

Seen a guy in Komodos at the Mosa´cultures expo in Montreal last Saturday, and a girl running in what looked like Jayas LR the week before.

Treksport Pink
Bikila Silver/Verde,LS Purple
Flow Black
Sprint Black,Slate/Palmx2,Fuschia,Blue/Aqua
Classic Stormy Sea,Chili,Grey/Orange,Mauvex2,Lilac,Khaki,Suomy,Yellow/Grey,Sand/Dusty Blue,SW Charcoal
Alitza Grey/Rose
Spyridon LS
Stems,Lems,EvoII,Off Rd Hi,Boxing Boot,Lucy Lite,Konvinesx2
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]
  Print  

Jump to: