BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
July 30, 2014, 07:16:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8
  Print  
Author Topic: VFF Sightings in Public  (Read 11336 times)
coastie

coastie is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 16, 2010, 12:47:07 PM »

"I''ve become almost totally immune to the weird stares, and have lost nearly all self-consciousness. If you get VFFs, you're gonna end up getting stared at. Might as well get used to it!"

There you are! once FFs become more mainstream we can paint our feet like them and no one would be the wiser.  Grin
« Reply #45 on: April 16, 2010, 12:47:07 PM »

SPI

SPI is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 20, 2010, 04:44:40 PM »

I went hiking at a local state park today.  Me and my kids parked in this tiny little lot on a county road where one other car was parked.  It is basically a deer path and not traveled often or even cleared by the park personal.  We were looking at the river when all of a sudden a guy showed up wearing VFF sprints with injinji socks.  It took me totally by surprise as I have only seen them being worn in public at REI.  We exchanged a few quick words on how much we loved our shoes and that was that.   A fun spotting! 
PabloHoneySf

PabloHoneySf is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 20, 2010, 10:29:57 PM »

I'm in Berkeley, CA... the epicenter of all that is crunchy and natural and the only other person I've ever seen wearing VFF's was the salesperson at the running shoe store! I'm truly amazed at how many people ask me quizzickly (sp?)... "are those REALLY for running?"  Tongue

You'd think I'd see more people going around barefoot as well, but that hasn't been the case...
vwater69

vwater69 is a new face.

walking through dandelions and horsesh*t!

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 20, 2010, 10:59:22 PM »

A few weeks ago, at my Dr. Appointment, one of the hits in the back office was wearing Bikilas. Aside from that, the nurse who sparked my interest a year ago was wearing sprints.

I don't want to be on my deathbed, and have regrets of those things I 'didn't do'.
« Reply #48 on: July 20, 2010, 10:59:22 PM »

fyterclef

fyterclef is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 20, 2010, 11:16:21 PM »

Saw a lady today while on the way home from Popeyes.
Unfortunately, she was running with a heel strike  Undecided
BigR

BigR is starting to look familiar.BigR is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 21, 2010, 01:33:43 AM »

A few weeks ago, at my Dr. Appointment, one of the hits in the back office was wearing Bikilas. Aside from that, the nurse who sparked my interest a year ago was wearing sprints.

Unfortunately my chiropractor hates my VFFs and all his patients and nurses love them haha and he has kindly asked me not to wear them in the office as to give the patient "harmful information" and since switching to VFFs I've hardly had a need for a chiropractor until my recent fall in a sinkhole.

"The shoemaker's son always goes barefoot."
I want to smother the guy who said we need arch support...
monsterbuck

monsterbuck is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 21, 2010, 02:02:15 AM »

Saw someone at the grocery store today in a pair of black KSO's.  He looked pretty comfortable shopping in them, LOL.

"We don't have a lot of time on this earth. We weren't meant to spend it this way. Human beings were not meant to sit in little cubicles staring at computer screens all day, filling out useless forms and listening to eight different bosses drone on about mission statements."  -Office Space
Hallufox

Hallufox is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 21, 2010, 03:19:04 AM »

I'm gonna tour with an artist who's wearing VFF from Thursday on. He's the one who introduced me to Vibram.
noelbodwell

noelbodwell is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 21, 2010, 07:17:36 AM »

Yesterday was the first time I saw someone wearing a pair of VFFs on the trails. Coming down Mt. Madison in Randolph, NH. I was wearing my Treks. My hiking buddies realized that I'm not the only one!!
vff5528

vff5528 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 02, 2010, 01:23:32 PM »

So the other day I went to the Georgia Dome in Atlanta for the Drum Corps International Regional competition.  For those of you who dod not know what that is check out www.dci.org

Anyway, I ran into 8 other people also wearing different forms of the vff.  Everything from the classic to the bikila and of course the kso.

Fun times!
vwater69

vwater69 is a new face.

walking through dandelions and horsesh*t!

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 04, 2010, 02:42:45 PM »

I ran into a guy last night at the gym who was wearing black classics. Gave him the foot bump.

I don't want to be on my deathbed, and have regrets of those things I 'didn't do'.
fingerhunter

fingerhunter is a new face.

Motivated not Dominated

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 04, 2010, 02:51:10 PM »

Still waiting to see someone wearing them here in SoCal.......
« Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 02:54:31 PM by fingerhunter » Logged

Give me Speeds! Give me Speeds!.........1 Pair Gray/Palm KSO, 1 Pair Blk/Gray Camo KSO  

I would rather not fight but I am not afraid to finish one
taylordmd

taylordmd is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 06, 2010, 07:11:41 PM »

I was so pumped today, just walking with my kids and somebody was jogging by in bikilas!  First sighting truly "in the wild" for me!  I called to him "You're the first guy other than my husband I've seen in bikilas!" and he took off his headphones and called back "I like 'em!"  Funny how excited I got over something so small!
kewallace

kewallace is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 22, 2010, 07:35:26 PM »

I saw a girl at my college in bright pink bikilas today during one of my orientation sessions! I can't wait for my sprints to come in!

....oooO..............
.....(....)...Oooo...
......\..(.....(....)....
.......\ _)....)../.....
...............(_/.......
tak555

tak555 is starting to look familiar.tak555 is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 23, 2010, 06:27:24 PM »

Still waiting to see someone wearing them here in SoCal.......

come down to southbay, you'll see me running around the streets of redondo beach wearing them... also, you might catch p.sweeney (http://bourbonfeet.blogspot.com/) wearing them in the same area occasionally. 

i stole this from member Ableobject... but it's cool:
....oooO..............
.....(....)...Oooo...
......)../.....(....)....
.....(_/.......)../.....
...............(_/.......
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8
  Print  

Jump to: