BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
September 01, 2014, 02:39:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: VFF SPEED Size Question  (Read 829 times)
ghost

ghost is a new face.

Remember Powell-Peralta Skateboards???

View Profile
« on: April 10, 2012, 11:03:06 AM »

Been awhile since I've been on here, how ya'll doin'?

I wear Size 43 mens in the 6 pairs of various VFF's I own. I've not tried on a pair of Speeds, is it a safe bet without trying on a pair of Speeds to go with size 43?

I have a body of a god...unfortunately it's Buddah
« on: April 10, 2012, 11:03:06 AM »

JustinB

JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2012, 11:07:30 AM »

What other's do you have?

42 Grey/Palm/Clay KSO, 43 Black Classic, 44 Black Moc, 43 Black/White Speed,43 Grey/Green Bikila LS, 43 Black/Day Glow SeeYa
44 Black/White Vivobarefoot Neo, 43 Black Vivobarefoot Ra
Mr. Leigh
Superstar

Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.

23 pair VFFs, 3 pair Stems, 5 VB, & 2 Teva

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2012, 11:25:27 AM »

Welcome back Ghost. 

I have found in Speeds, Bikila LS and Komodosport LS that I need to up-size considerably.  I take a M40 in KSO, a M41 in Classics and Sprints, and I took an M42 in Speeds.  My issue is width.  I have wide feet and in order to get comfort and no pinching, I need to go up from 41 to 42 in those three styles. 

Here is a previous post thread on Speed sizing.

http://birthdayshoes.com/forum/fivefingers-sizing-and-fit-discussion/help-with-speed-sizing!/

So be sure when you step.
Step with care and great tact and remember that Life's a Great Balancing Act.
Just never forget to be dexterous and deft. 
And never mix up your right foot and your left.

Oh, the Places You'll Go! by Dr. Suess
ghost

ghost is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2012, 12:53:10 PM »

Mr. Leigh, I don't have wide feet so any chance that 43's would fit like my other VFF's?

I own 2 pairs Komodo's, 3 pairs KSO's, 1 pair Trek Sport, 1 pair Sprints

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2012, 12:53:10 PM »

barefootin

barefootin is a regular 'round here.barefootin is a regular 'round here.barefootin is a regular 'round here.

My Sneakers

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2012, 12:53:54 PM »

Typing only based on my experience, my Komodo's and Speed's are plus 1 in size compared to my KSO's, Treks, Trek LS, and Bormio's.

I prefer to do it bare... 
See or "Feel" the world before they blow it up or pave it over.
Mr. Leigh
Superstar

Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.

23 pair VFFs, 3 pair Stems, 5 VB, & 2 Teva

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2012, 01:17:57 PM »

Based solely on my experience, I would have to say the only Vibrams that size correctly for me off of Vibram's chart is the KSO and Classics/Sprints.  If you are a 43 in KSO and do not have wide feet, then a 44 in Speeds should be correct.  When I up-sized the one extra size, it was to gain width.  Toe length was adequate in the smaller sized pair.  So you are a 43 across the board in all 5 pair of your Vibrams huh?  I feel as though one size larger than the Vibram chart recommends is correct for most regarding Speeds.  I know I am an exception in needing two sizes up, because of my wide feet.

So be sure when you step.
Step with care and great tact and remember that Life's a Great Balancing Act.
Just never forget to be dexterous and deft. 
And never mix up your right foot and your left.

Oh, the Places You'll Go! by Dr. Suess
nowster

nowster is starting to look familiar.nowster is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2012, 01:24:05 PM »

Narrow feet here. I found the M46 Speeds were just about right for my big toe, but the second toe was uncomfortable against the end of its pocket. I went for the M47s in the end. The toe pockets are a lot more "snug" than other models too, so you might find that takes a little getting used to.

VFF: M46: Classic, KSO x4, Trek x3, Trek LS, Treksport x2, KMDSport, EL-X, Bikila LS, Spyridon MR, Flow, Signa, Speed, Sprint (fake?), KSO EVO;
       M47: Speed, Classic (too big)
Non-VFF: 46 Merrell Tough Glove, 47 VB Synth Hiker
JustinB

JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2012, 01:42:31 PM »

I wear a 42 in KSO's... grey fits, black's don't and should be sized up.
I wear a 43 in classics, Bikila LS, and Speeds

42 Grey/Palm/Clay KSO, 43 Black Classic, 44 Black Moc, 43 Black/White Speed,43 Grey/Green Bikila LS, 43 Black/Day Glow SeeYa
44 Black/White Vivobarefoot Neo, 43 Black Vivobarefoot Ra
MCvet

MCvet is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2012, 09:24:35 PM »

i don't know why, but ONLY the speeds are upsized for me

Trek LS Brown 45... Speed black/white 46... Flow black 45... KSO REMIX 45... Bikila white/red 45... KSO trek brown 45... Komodo yellow 45... 1 Black and 1 Brown bormio's 45... Green Spyridon 45...  Yellow/Blk SeeYa 45
Little King

Little King is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2012, 10:52:29 PM »

I seem to recall someone saying that the Speeds typically require upsizing. I think it was something about them having the same overall length as other VFF's of the same size but the toe pockets are longer on the Speeds or something like that.
ghost

ghost is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2012, 11:12:47 PM »

What does upsizing mean?

nowster

nowster is starting to look familiar.nowster is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2012, 03:42:36 AM »

What does upsizing mean?
Buying the next size up (ie. one size larger).

VFF: M46: Classic, KSO x4, Trek x3, Trek LS, Treksport x2, KMDSport, EL-X, Bikila LS, Spyridon MR, Flow, Signa, Speed, Sprint (fake?), KSO EVO;
       M47: Speed, Classic (too big)
Non-VFF: 46 Merrell Tough Glove, 47 VB Synth Hiker
Sablewings

Sablewings is starting to look familiar.Sablewings is starting to look familiar.

Sablewings

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2012, 06:53:41 AM »

I am size 8 (42) in regular shoes.

W40 black KSOs fit snug-to-tight on my feet without socks.

M41 white Speeds are just right, comfortable, also for width, with toetoe socks. I think the comments about long toe pockets in the Speeds are valid because I used to have the odd issue with my nail catching the ends of the big toe pockets in my KSOs, and I've not had this problem in the Speeds.

Guy on a busy Tube Train staring at my VFF's:   "You wearing those things down here, eh... [shakes head]  Don't you know this is a place of tranquility?"

~~VFF Speeds White~~VFF Speeds Black~~Vivobarefoot Lucy Black and Blue/Grey~~Vivobarefoot Aqua Lites Red~~Vivobarefoot Neo Trail Black~~
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: