BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
October 01, 2014, 04:11:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Vibram is being sued!  (Read 1240 times)
bigtruckguy3500

bigtruckguy3500 is a new face.

View Profile
« on: March 29, 2012, 01:32:27 PM »

Angry

http://news.runnersworld.com/2012/03/29/vibram-sued-over-fivefingers-claims/?cm_mmc=Twitter-_-RunnersWorld-_-Content-News-_-VibramSued

Seriously?  I predict this goes no where because it sounds like it's full of crap. 
« on: March 29, 2012, 01:32:27 PM »

The Yeti

The Yeti is starting to look familiar.The Yeti is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2012, 01:48:59 PM »

I agree. I don't see this going anywhere either. The claims made in the lawsuit are harder to prove than the benefits of wearing minimalist footwear.

Nowhere out there exists a study that says which is the 'best' way to run, but there are smaller studies that show how minimalist footwear is beneficial. Generally posture, joint pressure and strengthened foot and lower leg muscles are proven benefits. This lawsuit can only hold weight if a new huge study comes out that somehow proves the complete opposite.

I don't forsee a shape-ups style lawsuit, as you get warnings right on the box on how to have a gentle transition. Kind of like McDonald's warning you on the cup that the coffee inside is hot.

To err is human, to arr is pirate.
Mr. Leigh
Superstar

Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.

23 pair VFFs, 3 pair Stems, 5 VB, & 2 Teva

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2012, 01:53:49 PM »

What a bunch of hogwash.  So who is filing the law suit against Nike for saying that heel striking is the proper way to run?  I hope it costs the "Plaintiff" a pile of money and nets them nothing in return. 

So be sure when you step.
Step with care and great tact and remember that Life's a Great Balancing Act.
Just never forget to be dexterous and deft. 
And never mix up your right foot and your left.

Oh, the Places You'll Go! by Dr. Suess
JustinB

JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2012, 02:10:23 PM »

It seems a big part of the complaint is that runners either did TMTS or didn't change their running style and experienced pain from continuing to heel strike.  lol

42 Grey/Palm/Clay KSO, 43 Black Classic, 44 Black Moc, 43 Black/White Speed,43 Grey/Green Bikila LS, 43 Black/Day Glow SeeYa
44 Black/White Vivobarefoot Neo, 43 Black Vivobarefoot Ra
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2012, 02:10:23 PM »

dirkverelst

dirkverelst is well known.dirkverelst is well known.dirkverelst is well known.dirkverelst is well known.

Healing our environment with orgonite.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2012, 02:39:41 PM »

I`m imagining the people at Vibram going beserk everytime another article is posted with a picture of fake FF  Grin
barefootin

barefootin is a regular 'round here.barefootin is a regular 'round here.barefootin is a regular 'round here.

My Sneakers

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2012, 05:47:28 PM »

They'll have to print the warning on the insole in the future..... Like my old Murry lawn mower that had a warning that said you shouldn't pick it up while it was running and that it shouldn't be used for trimming hedges....  It's time to thin the herd.......    If Vibram needs another witness in their case, I'm in!!!

I prefer to do it bare... 
See or "Feel" the world before they blow it up or pave it over.
jayesel

jayesel is a new face.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2012, 07:18:40 PM »

I agree with Justin, sounds like another case of TMTS and not trying to go barefoot and transition before wearing these...or any other minimalist shoe for that matter.

I also thought about the pair of KSO's on the article being a counterfeit pair. Cheesy

Size 40 - Grey/Palm KSO's, Grey/Camo KSO's, & Black/Black KSO's (a little on the tight side), Blue/Black Komodosport, Red/Black Komodosport LS.
dredone

dredone is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2012, 07:40:57 PM »

Wonder what lawyer talked this plaintiff (VALERIE BEZDEK, early 20's) into filing this lawsuit?

Totally ridiculous. I am glad I don't know this person because I would be embarrassed.

If you read the lawsuit it's a total joke and just makes me laugh out loud with all the inaccurate statements.

Koala3

Koala3 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2012, 11:25:27 PM »

It sounds like everyone else said about so many in this country just being sue happy for a quick buck and then that problem is just exacerbated by the crappy economic point we're at. The basis of their awesomely poor claim seems like those people who want help but don't want to help them selves. You can't just don the FFs or kick off your traditional trainers and expect results with no time or effort and of course those are things that people now a days just can't afford to put out.
Barefootin Family

Barefootin Family is starting to look familiar.Barefootin Family is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2012, 11:36:03 AM »

I have a lawsuit against Nike for me being overweight, because I bought their shoes when I was younger and didn't go out running.

Be free.
acc

acc is starting to look familiar.acc is starting to look familiar.

YOU are the Technology

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2012, 08:15:10 PM »

The lawsuit is absolutely terrible.

They cannot say that Vibram claims to tone you, unlike Skechers Shapeups, fit-flop, or Reebok Easytone. They just claim a barefoot experience.  Roll Eyes

Also, people have forefoot/midfoot even without VFFs (like me).

If instead of Vibram Five Fingers they were called "Vibram Toe Strengtheners" or "Vibram calf toners" I would say maybe they have a case. In all the advertising it says "no pronation control, no arch support, no drop" , i.e. "you are the technology". Nowhere does it mention anything about increasing your fitness.

It's probably just a bunch of American Podiatric Medical Association shills (orthotics anyone?) or people that got TMTS and then complained to their podiatrist.

It does not appear that Defendants mention on their website that some runners attempting to transition to FiveFingers may never adjust their form.

This part makes me sad. Do people not read the warnings?

Also there's a big fat warning sign on the box of my Vibram five fingers, Merrell Barefoot (Like any new exercise regimen, listen to your body and build your Merrell Barefoot activities slowly), and vivobarefoot (TRANSITION SAFELY). So the suit is going nowhere.

EDIT:
Even the hang tag attached to FiveFingers refers consumers to Defendants’ website with the following language: “If you are running in FiveFingers for the first time, we encourage a very gradual transition to ensure a safe and pleasurable experience. Please visit our website, www.vibramfivefingers.com for resources related to natural running and training.” Not surprisingly, Defendants’ website had 5,806,936 page views in one month alone.20

- http://www.universalhub.com/files/vibram-complaint.pdf
So even in their own lawsuit, they have a clause that indemnifies Vibram.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 08:34:43 PM by acc » Logged

Looking for sale /coupons at VFF/Injinji stores (authorized dealers only) Waiting for 3mm soled leather VFF oxford (not Capri) and KSO EVO.
jayesel

jayesel is a new face.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2012, 08:30:26 PM »

Also there's a big fat warning sign on the box of my Vibram five fingers, Merrell Barefoot (Like any new exercise regimen, listen to your body and build your Merrell Barefoot activities slowly), and vivobarefoot (TRANSITION SAFELY). So the suit is going nowhere.

You know, I recall the same thing being on the box, but didn't say it in my post above for fear of putting my foot in my mouth (so to speak). I don't have the boxes in front of me at the moment but I recall all three of them saying something to the effect of, "going barefoot is different..."  warning you to ease into wearing them full time.

I said this on the Facebook post, and I agree with everyone else...this is a useless/pointless lawsuit meant to waste more money and time. Some people are just lawsuit happy and don't have anything better to do with their time or money.

Size 40 - Grey/Palm KSO's, Grey/Camo KSO's, & Black/Black KSO's (a little on the tight side), Blue/Black Komodosport, Red/Black Komodosport LS.
rookhoe

rookhoe is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2012, 06:32:41 AM »

Poeple dont educate themselves about using things that are different. OR they have read about them and figure "since im already a runner, i dont need to learn how to run, or even take it easy". Thats how i see it. They got sore, or hurt and needed someone to blame it on.

I have a friend who got them and she was so convinced that she would be a better runner if she had bought these. Well she did, and continiued to heel strike even though i told her to stop doing that. What happened? Injured after the third run. She blamed it on the shoe of course.

Furthest distance in VFF: 12 miles
Furthest distance in NB Zero Trail: 12 miles
VFF: KSO M43, Bikila LS M43
Non VFF: NB Minimus Zero Trail
Mr. Leigh
Superstar

Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.

23 pair VFFs, 3 pair Stems, 5 VB, & 2 Teva

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2012, 01:06:45 PM »

For those of you that did not notice, Justin put up a post about this on the non-forum side as well.  Don't forget to pop over there and post your comments as well.

So be sure when you step.
Step with care and great tact and remember that Life's a Great Balancing Act.
Just never forget to be dexterous and deft. 
And never mix up your right foot and your left.

Oh, the Places You'll Go! by Dr. Suess
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: