BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
August 01, 2014, 11:55:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you guys think of the Komodo Sport?  (Read 2400 times)
10fingers

10fingers is a new face.

View Profile
« on: September 30, 2010, 06:15:53 AM »

what do u guys think of the komodo? I am a very active person. Im always running, playing soccer, frisbee, football, basketball, kickball and other games with friends and i think this shoe would be all-around perfect for everything.

From what I  have read, the Komodo is great for lateral movements like cutting, juking and all that stuff too. Have you guys ever had problems with slipping and slidding in regular vibram five fingers?

ive been doing the barefoot stuff since march but i cant say much about the vibrams because i just got a pair the other day to prepare for the winter
« on: September 30, 2010, 06:15:53 AM »

zarzu

zarzu is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2010, 06:58:37 AM »

I don't think anyone has gotten their hands on a pre-production Komodo, so no one here really knows what they will be like. But the standard flat sole is certainly not too great for wet surfaces, in my experience. They make wet metal feel like ice.

"first they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win."
carbonfly

carbonfly is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2010, 07:47:09 AM »

I don't think anyone has gotten their hands on a pre-production Komodo, so no one here really knows what they will be like. But the standard flat sole is certainly not too great for wet surfaces, in my experience. They make wet metal feel like ice.

ummmm....yes, someone has gotten their hands on the Komodo. He owns this site.

http://birthdayshoes.com/komodo:
zarzu

zarzu is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2010, 08:18:43 AM »

True, Justin has. But he already wrote down what he thinks (which is mostly just a look at them) and said he will post again when he used them some. As the OP knew about the Komodo I was assuming he already saw the post on the blog, which doesn't answer his question. Justin hardly ever posts on the board anymore, so I doubt he'll say anything here, who knows if he even had time to test them in the wild yet.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 08:47:03 AM by zarzu » Logged

"first they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win."
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2010, 08:18:43 AM »

Atomicunderware

Atomicunderware is a new face.

Freaky Toes

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2010, 08:44:50 AM »

They look interesting, but I am concerned they are over-engineered. A minimalist/barefoot shoe should be just that. It will be interesting to see them in the flesh - I hope VFF's are not turning into just gimmicky toe-shoes, but rather remain 'barefoot' shoes.
grimreeper

grimreeper is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2010, 09:27:50 AM »

I like the styling and will be very tempted when they come out.

JonJon

JonJon is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2010, 10:26:04 AM »

I cant wait for them to come out!  I will for sure be getting a pair(Yellow/Black).  I currnetly use my classics and Bikilas as every day wear, run in my 2 pairs of KSO'sl, but the Komodo will be used strictly for Training...
10fingers

10fingers is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2010, 10:56:03 AM »

They look interesting, but I am concerned they are over-engineered. A minimalist/barefoot shoe should be just that. It will be interesting to see them in the flesh - I hope VFF's are not turning into just gimmicky toe-shoes, but rather remain 'barefoot' shoes.

idk if they will be "gimmicky" but i do see them going in the direction you are thinking of. vibram will also probly make more updates for the older five fingers like they are doing now with the coconut cloth stuff
fingerhunter

fingerhunter is a new face.

Motivated not Dominated

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2010, 12:30:22 PM »

You know, the Classics/Sprints/KSO's are nice and all for the "barefoot" experience. But, now that VFF has seen great success in these shoes, I don't see a problem with venturing into territory that has long been dominated by Nike/Adidas/Reebok etc.  I wear alll types of shoes for different sports/athletic activities (Tennis, cycling, beach lounging).  I am totally pumped about the Komodos because they will potentially replace some of the other shoes in my line-up and give me a more healthy platform (heel to toe drop/toe flex) and besides, they look BADASS!!  The afore-mentioned "original" finger shoes aren't going anywhere.  This is just a way for VFF to compete in a different (better?) way with the big boys.  IMHO.

Give me Speeds! Give me Speeds!.........1 Pair Gray/Palm KSO, 1 Pair Blk/Gray Camo KSO  

I would rather not fight but I am not afraid to finish one
d_monic

d_monic is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2010, 11:51:12 PM »

I play basketball in my KSOs, but they have been tearing at the seams with all the lateral cutting that I make.  I hope the stitching patterns control for that, and more importantly, that my KSOs hold together until the Komodos come out.
Hawkeye
Superstar

Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!

I go barefoot, but my dog wears shoes.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2010, 12:48:19 PM »

I expect the komodo sport to suffer from the bad quality control issues of all recent vibrams (i'm talking to you bikila). Be sure to buy local to minimize return shipping costs.
fingerhunter

fingerhunter is a new face.

Motivated not Dominated

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2010, 01:31:33 PM »

I expect the komodo sport to suffer from the bad quality control issues of all recent vibrams (i'm talking to you bikila). Be sure to buy local to minimize return shipping costs.
...Yeah I don't look forward to this possibility.

Give me Speeds! Give me Speeds!.........1 Pair Gray/Palm KSO, 1 Pair Blk/Gray Camo KSO  

I would rather not fight but I am not afraid to finish one
10fingers

10fingers is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2010, 01:37:30 PM »

what bad quality control issues? and wats wrong with the bikila? those were the two i was deciding on
Hawkeye
Superstar

Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!

I go barefoot, but my dog wears shoes.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2010, 02:57:56 PM »

what bad quality control issues? and wats wrong with the bikila? those were the two i was deciding on

Search for Vff defects, quality control, and bikila toe fail.
carbonfly

carbonfly is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2010, 04:07:38 PM »

I think all of these claims of quality control are a little overblown.  I own 8 pairs of #VFF and my wife has 7 pairs. Together we have 4 pairs of Bikila and have never had a single issue with any of our 15 FiveFingers.  The most recent being Speeds we imported from the UK which seems to be the best quality of all.  Love the fabric on the speeds.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: