BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
December 21, 2014, 02:03:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Which for everyday/casual wear? KSO or KSO Trek?  (Read 1809 times)
.:Ryan99:.

.:Ryan99:. is a new face.

View Profile
« on: December 07, 2011, 04:05:45 PM »

Hello all. I already own a pair of Bikila LS's that I wear for running. But, I'm looking for a pair to wear around for daily casual wear. I like how the KSO Treks have the traditional looking leather upper and would probably be a little warmer. However, I think I would like the traditional vibram sole of the KSO's for ground feel. Any suggestions?
« on: December 07, 2011, 04:05:45 PM »

dirkverelst

dirkverelst is well known.dirkverelst is well known.dirkverelst is well known.dirkverelst is well known.

Healing our environment with orgonite.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2011, 04:07:24 PM »

oh yes, please, go for the traditional KSO, the groundfeel is just so much better.  Cheesy
PB Junkie

PB Junkie is starting to look familiar.PB Junkie is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2011, 04:31:45 PM »

I have both the KSOs and the KSO Treks.  I wear the KSOs for casual wear and my KSO Treks to work.

If you don't have to worry about how casual a shoe is, I would go for the regular KSOs. I agree with Dirk, the groundfeel is so much better in the regular KSOs.

VFFs: KSO W40, Treksport W40, Bikila W40, Jaya LR W41, Komodosport LS W40, KSO Trek W40, Spyridon LS W40, Bikila LS W40
Other:Merrell Trail Glove M 7.5, Merrell Sonic Glove M 7.5, VB Neo W41, VB Off Road Hi W41, Merrell Delight W9, VB Breatho Trail W40, Runamoc Dash U9, Merrell Road Glove M7.5

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2011, 10:40:51 AM »

Thanks for the info. I'm still undecided here, but I still haven't tried either one on yet. I hope my local store carries them both. I like the look of the Treks more than the KSOs.
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2011, 10:40:51 AM »

Yeti

Yeti is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2011, 10:09:13 AM »

To me kso trek look much more classy, and go best than kso with jeans, cargo's, etc. Regular KSO look more like a sport/aqua shoe (at least that's what most non-users think). And now you have trek LS which look even much better, in my opinion, for the whole range of casual use (from less casual to almost formal).

Try both, and see how you feel with them, but to me the trek LS beat all models, regarding looks.
xmp2k5

xmp2k5 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2011, 05:41:51 PM »

I would go with the KSO Trek.
GabeM

GabeM is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2011, 08:04:45 PM »

i have treks and classics, which are pretty much the same as the kso. i'd much rather wear my classics than my treks to just walk around in(unless it's raining). i don't know if it's just me, but i start to feel the cleats through the soles the more i walk in them.
Yeti

Yeti is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2011, 04:00:07 AM »

Of course, if you are thinking about being comfortable, to me nothing beats KSO (classics feel more uncomfortable for me due to the way they stay in place, in KSO they wrap the hole foot around instead than with the cord around). But if you also take into account the look, treks or trek ls are much more classy.
barefeet

barefeet is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2011, 05:50:47 AM »

I'm with PB Junkie - I wear my KSOs for the amazing ground feel but the Treks for work and for trail runs (I wash them in between!). There's no comparison in comfort between the two - the KSO wins hands down.
acc

acc is starting to look familiar.acc is starting to look familiar.

YOU are the Technology

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2011, 08:22:53 PM »

KSO Trek is more classy but KSO has better groundfeel.

I wouldn't go out in colder temperatures in the KSO. I had close to frostbite in them even with Injinjis. On the plus side, I had a VERY high cadence as if I were on hot coals (or cold asphalt/sidewalks, rather).

Looking for sale /coupons at VFF/Injinji stores (authorized dealers only) Waiting for 3mm soled leather VFF oxford (not Capri) and KSO EVO.
barefootin

barefootin is a regular 'round here.barefootin is a regular 'round here.barefootin is a regular 'round here.

My Sneakers

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2011, 09:49:28 PM »

I have KSO's, KSO Trek's, and Trek LS's....  I can't always wear my KSO's due to being too casual, BUT I WISH I COULD!!!  If you can get away with KSO's, the ground feel is sooo much better.  Thinner soles all the way!

I prefer to do it bare... 
See or "Feel" the world before they blow it up or pave it over.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2011, 09:48:16 AM »

Thanks for all of your opinions. Looks like I need to pick up both really, but I think I'll be going with the Treks for now.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: