BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
April 17, 2014, 11:00:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Adipure Lace Trainer  (Read 3899 times)
Lyonel

Lyonel is a new face.

View Profile
« on: June 27, 2012, 01:31:11 PM »

Didn't like the Adipure Trainer but I gave the lace version a chance because of their looks.

The soles inside isn't cutting into my arches  anymore, like the laceless version did, because of the thicker material used in the upper which makes this shoe warm, very warm.
The laces are thin, so thin that you get the feeling that if pulled to hard they cut right through their loops.
The toes are kinda long and thin, but the material inbetween stretches out nicely much like the VFF Sorrento.
The big toe is significantly longer then the second and as I 'suffer' from Morton toes I had to go for size 44 instead of my VFF size 42.
The sole is thick, same as the laceless version, nothing minimal about this one but man... they look soooo damn good.
I'll keep these for sure and will test them out in the gym. This is like dating the hot bimbo.

Bikila - Bikila LS (2x) - Bormio - Classic (2x) - Komodosport - Komodosport LS - KSO Trek (retired) - KSO Treksport - Trek LS (2x) - Seeya - Sorrento - Speed - Spyridon LS - KSO Remix - ElX

Adipure Lace Trainer-Original Luna ATS laces-LEMS Boulder Boot
« on: June 27, 2012, 01:31:11 PM »

Mr. Leigh
Superstar

Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.

23 pair VFFs, 3 pair Stems, 5 VB, & 2 Teva

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2012, 02:21:34 PM »

I am not crazy about the offset lacing system, but other than that the shoes look nice.

So be sure when you step.
Step with care and great tact and remember that Life's a Great Balancing Act.
Just never forget to be dexterous and deft. 
And never mix up your right foot and your left.

Oh, the Places You'll Go! by Dr. Suess
acc

acc is starting to look familiar.acc is starting to look familiar.

YOU are the Technology

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2012, 11:18:21 PM »

If Adidas contracted Vibram for the sole then we would have decent colorways with a minimal sole. The adipure right now is a wannabee bikila ls / speed.

The komodosport has lateral tread while the adipure does not.

Looking for sale /coupons at VFF/Injinji stores (authorized dealers only) Waiting for 3mm soled leather VFF oxford (not Capri) and KSO EVO.
Kwerk

Kwerk is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2012, 12:24:01 AM »

I tried on some adipures in store. The big toe is at least half an inch longer than my big toe, the second toe is spot on, and the little three are all crammed in there.
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2012, 12:24:01 AM »

paulr

paulr is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2012, 04:31:53 AM »

If Adidas contracted Vibram for the sole then we would have decent colorways with a minimal sole.

Sounds right - doubt they would do it though
Slolane

Slolane is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2012, 10:59:03 AM »

These look really nice!!

Vibram FiveFingers: Bikila LS (black/green), Speed (blue), Speed (black), Trek LS (brown), Trek LS (black), Spyridon (orange)
Vivobarefoot: Ra (black)
Zafur

Zafur is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2012, 12:02:48 PM »

Hmm. The shoes do look okay. A lot better at staying unnoticed. Tongue

Although this seems like proof that it's better to keep the first two toes the same length rather than make the big toe bigger. I've never seen a foot with the first two varying greatly.
toh-shu

toh-shu is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2012, 01:24:31 PM »

i'm not quite sold on the looks yet. they look alright, but for shoes that are supposed to conform/mimic to the shape of your foot they look pretty big and bulky (especially in the toe area), which in turn makes it look like your feet have just swollen up. They do look a lot better then the skele toes, and are probably a lot more comfortable.

My VFFs: Black/Grey TrekSports (Torn and fixed sort of.  Sad), Grey/palm KSOs, White/Grey/Red Bikilas, Brown/Black Spyridon LS, White/Black Speeds

NB MT10
acc

YOU are the Technology

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2012, 01:05:37 PM »

I was on Finishline and I can't believe they give you a bag to hold it.

http://www.finishline.com/store/images/products/xlg61022bgg.jpg

(from http://www.finishline.com/store/catalog/product.jsp?productId=prod698943)

How can you take these seriously if they give you a bag to hold it? It seems like they're more for fashion than usage. In contrast VFFs come in a recycled cardboard box with tissue paper.

Looking for sale /coupons at VFF/Injinji stores (authorized dealers only) Waiting for 3mm soled leather VFF oxford (not Capri) and KSO EVO.
Mr. Leigh
Superstar

Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2012, 01:15:34 PM »

Originally, Vibram Classics came with a carrying pouch to hold them in.  They are still a very serious shoe.  I don't see that bag as a bad thing.  It is likely geared towards those that will wear regular shoes to the gym and then change into the Adipure trainers once they arrive. 

JustinB

JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2012, 01:23:16 PM »

I was on Finishline and I can't believe they give you a bag to hold it.

How can you take these seriously if they give you a bag to hold it? It seems like they're more for fashion than usage. In contrast VFFs come in a recycled cardboard box with tissue paper.

It sounds like your bias has only to do with the fact they are not VFF.  As Mr Leigh said, early releases of Vibrams (and some still in Europe) came with a bag.  I have bags that were provided with my vivobarefoot neo's.  All of my serious bowling shoes ($200+) cames with bags, I have serious baseball cleats that came with bags.  If the shoe is designed to be brought to the gym, it is designed to be thrown into a gym bag.  Now, if they are going to get sweaty and dirty, would you really want to throw your shoes in a bag touching all the rest of your clothes or would you appreciate a bag that can help separate the dirt and grime of your shoes from the rest of your clothing.  This argumnet seems very akin to the people who called the new beetle (when it came out) a stupid car because it came with a flower vase.  Judge a shoe by the shoe... not the packaging it comes in. 

42 Grey/Palm/Clay KSO, 43 Black Classic, 44 Black Moc, 43 Black/White Speed,43 Grey/Green Bikila LS, 43 Black/Day Glow SeeYa
44 Black/White Vivobarefoot Neo, 43 Black Vivobarefoot Ra
acc

YOU are the Technology

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2012, 11:49:34 PM »

I suppose you have a point Tongue

I just feel like Adidas is marketing it as an indoor only shoe , and are pushing it this way with the bag, because they do not want lawsuits due to their sole.

Yes I am a bit biased, I will concede that.

BearFooted
Global Moderator

BearFooted is a regular 'round here.BearFooted is a regular 'round here.BearFooted is a regular 'round here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2012, 11:45:37 AM »

They don't look very good... I wanted a pair of these, but your pictures make them look really sloppy.  Maybe it is because you went with a bigger size.  They look proportionally wrong or something.  I can't quite put my finger on it.  Things seem crumpled/wrinkled in placed where they should lay flat.  Maybe it is the offset lacing system.  Also, the tongue looks too big and sort of stuffed in there.  I am disappointed in the styling.  Thanks for trying these out and posting pictures. 

Check out all of the articles I have written for BirthdayShoes.com!
JustinB

JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2012, 11:46:00 AM »

I suppose you have a point Tongue

I just feel like Adidas is marketing it as an indoor only shoe , and are pushing it this way with the bag, because they do not want lawsuits due to their sole.

Yes I am a bit biased, I will concede that.

It's not just adidas... look at VFF's.  The new El-X and See-ya LS are both being marketed as casual or training shoes... not as running shoes.  If keeping the term "running shoe" keeps the lawsuits away, they will ALL go this way.  Adidas is being smart by marketing as an indoor shoe because then their rebuttal to any lawsuit is that it is designed for indoor use, not long heavy mileage.

42 Grey/Palm/Clay KSO, 43 Black Classic, 44 Black Moc, 43 Black/White Speed,43 Grey/Green Bikila LS, 43 Black/Day Glow SeeYa
44 Black/White Vivobarefoot Neo, 43 Black Vivobarefoot Ra
Mr. Leigh
Superstar

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2012, 12:30:18 PM »

It's not just adidas... look at VFF's.  The new El-X and See-ya LS are both being marketed as casual or training shoes... not as running shoes.  If keeping the term "running shoe" keeps the lawsuits away, they will ALL go this way.  Adidas is being smart by marketing as an indoor shoe because then their rebuttal to any lawsuit is that it is designed for indoor use, not long heavy mileage.

So if I am in a gym indoors, running on a treadmill as part of my training and I injure myself, it is still the shoes fault because I used them indoors as indicated by the manufacturer?  What if I trip and fall or stub my toe, is that the manufacturer's issue?  One could argue that this was not an issue before in mono-toed shoes and that the individual toes themselves were the tripping hazard or the cause of the stubbed toe.  Where does it end?  Only when frivolous lawsuits are thrown out and no settlements are paid will this sue happy world we live in start to turn around.  Until then, manufacturers will continue to have to shield themselves from those sue-happy individuals in some manner.  I completely understand the lawsuits when a products benefits are misrepresented.  If Vibram said that buying a pair of Bikilas would make me an Olympian, then I would have issue with that.  Fortunately for them, they didn't say that.   Grin  Personally, I do not think Vibram branding their EL-X as a training shoe was done to avoid legality issues, I believe it is purely marketing.  I think it is so that runners will look at the See-Ya and Bikila to fit that running niche.  After-all they are more expensive and Vibram is in business to make money. 

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: