BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
August 27, 2014, 07:00:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone else REALLY like the Merrell Road Glove?  (Read 1291 times)
qcassidy352

qcassidy352 is a regular 'round here.qcassidy352 is a regular 'round here.qcassidy352 is a regular 'round here.

View Profile
« on: February 07, 2012, 05:37:46 PM »

best mono-toed minimal shoe I've ever tried, by a lot.  Maybe the best minimal shoe I've tried period.  They have a smidge less ground feel than KSOs, which I guess would be a turn off for some.  To me, they still have enough, and probably more than the trek sole VFFs.  They were very comfortable out of the box, look good, and perform exactly as expected.  Really, really like these, and they fit me a whole lot better than the trail gloves.  I think Merrell hit a home run with these, and I'm looking forward to trying the casual wear Merrell barefoots built on the same platform.

"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet."
- Abraham Lincoln
« on: February 07, 2012, 05:37:46 PM »

bigtruckguy3500

bigtruckguy3500 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012, 12:25:16 PM »

Hey, do you have wide feet at all?  I tried on a Roadglove, but felt the arch area really pressing back against my arch.  The guy at the store said that it'll give after a little while, but I decided to wait until the Minimus came out so I could compare the two.  Haven't had a chance to do that yet.
dredone

dredone is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2012, 08:20:45 PM »

I like em but don't I made a mistake and purchased them 1mm to small.  Eventually I'll get another with the correct size.

One concern I did have running sockless in them was it seemed I could feel the tread a bit more...might be my imagination.
qcassidy352

qcassidy352 is a regular 'round here.qcassidy352 is a regular 'round here.qcassidy352 is a regular 'round here.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2012, 04:27:00 PM »

Hey, do you have wide feet at all?  I tried on a Roadglove, but felt the arch area really pressing back against my arch.  The guy at the store said that it'll give after a little while, but I decided to wait until the Minimus came out so I could compare the two.  Haven't had a chance to do that yet.

Kinda wide I guess, not too bad.  My Brooks sneakers are 2E, but I've worn regular width most of my life.  I do find the trail glove too narrow though.

I like em but don't I made a mistake and purchased them 1mm to small.  Eventually I'll get another with the correct size.

One concern I did have running sockless in them was it seemed I could feel the tread a bit more...might be my imagination.

I haven't tried 'em sockless.  They seem like they'd be Ok but not great.  Vibrams are really the only shoes I like sockless.

"Don't believe everything you read on the Internet."
- Abraham Lincoln
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2012, 04:27:00 PM »

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: