BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
July 26, 2014, 01:05:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Dressy barefoot alternative?  (Read 5769 times)
Hawkeye
Superstar

Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!

I go barefoot, but my dog wears shoes.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2009, 10:27:10 PM »

I loved that you use a flash to take that picture. Very ironic in front of that sign.  Wink
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2009, 10:27:10 PM »

shapeshifter

shapeshifter is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2009, 10:52:14 PM »

heheheh... silly, i know, but just couldn't resist after noticing what had been posted there.

the game is a foot!
ap19

ap19 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2009, 04:31:09 PM »

i bought a pair of black KSOs for work to wear with black trousers (i sometimes have to stand up in front of groups or meetings or customers) and few people notice; if they do the comments are always positive.

When you've done something right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all...
Hawkeye
Superstar

Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2009, 11:19:43 PM »

I'm looking into the vivo barefoot Dharma or Oak for dress shoes for my husband, but boy they aren't cheap. Sad
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2009, 11:19:43 PM »

Bango Skank

Bango Skank is starting to look familiar.Bango Skank is starting to look familiar.

master of the five fingered discount :O

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2009, 11:56:02 PM »

I'm looking into the vivo barefoot Dharma or Oak for dress shoes for my husband, but boy they aren't cheap. Sad

20% off till October 31st: http://www.runningandrambling.com/2009/09/vivo-barefoot-shoe-review-and-coupon.html

The foot feels the foot when it feels the ground.
-Buddha
allawayr

allawayr is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2009, 12:14:48 AM »

20% off till October 31st: http://www.runningandrambling.com/2009/09/vivo-barefoot-shoe-review-and-coupon.html

Thank you, good sir, for that!

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/yawalla
Better Living Through Nutrition: http://livingthroughnutrition.wordpress.com/
Bango Skank

Bango Skank is starting to look familiar.Bango Skank is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2009, 12:21:45 AM »

That's why I'm the master of the five fingered discount.  Wink

-Buddha
Hawkeye
Superstar

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2009, 12:25:04 AM »

Ba dum Cha!

Thanks for the coupon code. Now I have to decide which color and size for my husband. I really like the dharmas. He wears a 43 in KSOs and 11 in normal shoes. He had wide feet, but the toe box is wide for Vivos. Do I order size 12 in vivos?
Bango Skank

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2009, 12:35:32 AM »

Ba dum Cha!

Thanks for the coupon code. Now I have to decide which color and size for my husband. I really like the dharmas. He wears a 43 in KSOs and 11 in normal shoes. He had wide feet, but the toe box is wide for Vivos. Do I order size 12 in vivos?

According to their website they run one size small, so you should get the 12.

-Buddha
Hawkeye
Superstar

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2009, 01:33:22 AM »

HA. I beat the skank!

Go to endless.com and they have a promotion if you spend $125 on shoes, you get $25 off. It has free overnight shipping and return shipping. I just ordered some Terra plana Vivo barefoot Black leather dharmas for $114.95. I used amazon.com check out and I love not paying tax. My husband's shoes should be here Friday Smiley

Charging $20 for shipping is crazy. Using the Skank's 20% coupon code the total after shipping costs was over $130 dollars!  Shocked

endless.com rules. They have lots of terra plana shoes and no crazy shipping charges.

Bango Skank, do you still love me?  Kiss
Bango Skank

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2009, 02:03:02 AM »

Bango Skank, do you still love me?  Kiss

Reluctantly, but yes.  Wink

They have a few styles there I hadn't seen before either:

$90 on http://www.pegasusshoes.com/Natal_P8355C13.cfm

and if you ladies are looking for a boot, the Vivo Dundan is going for $85

http://www.pegasusshoes.com/product1.cfm?product_ID=8338

-Buddha
Hawkeye
Superstar

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2009, 09:10:55 PM »

My husband tried the Vivo barefoot Dharma shoe and I'm sad to say they're going back.

We ordered both 44 and 45s in the Dharma. My husband has wide feet and wears a 43 in the grey/palm KSOs.

The 45 Dharmas were too long 1.5" fron the toe to the tip of the shoe. The width felt ok, not that roomy, but not uncomfortable. The 44s were the right length, but too tight! The width was fairly narrow and hurt his feet.

The Dharms look great. We got the black leather and it is a nice pebbled leather. They can be dressed up business casual or down to everyday use.

The dharmas have a very thin (4 mm maybe) insole that is removeable. There is no padding if you remove the insole. While the sole is flexible, it is nothing like the VFFS. You can sort of feel the ground in the vivo barefoots, but it's dulled sensation. It's nothing like being barefoot or wearing VFFs. In my opinion, Vivo Barefoot is almost a gimmick and not worth the high cost. The Dharma is an okay solution to normal dress shoes when you need something dressier than the VFF, but in general it's nothing that special.

We don't think it's worth $115 dollars that we paid for it on endless.com (free shipping and return shipping) and since they are too narrow, they're going back.

Oh well.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2009, 09:42:50 PM by Hawkeye » Logged
iamcam

iamcam is making a name for themselves.iamcam is making a name for themselves.iamcam is making a name for themselves.iamcam is making a name for themselves.iamcam is making a name for themselves.

Jesus wore huaraches.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2009, 09:30:24 PM »

yeah, I'd like a nice dressy winter shoe that's wide. Will we ever find anything?

I am Cam

go barefoot... everything else is just holding you back.

I miss 100% of the shots I don't take.
kaioslider

kaioslider is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2009, 05:48:01 PM »

I've been looking into something to wear for work.  The dressiest shoe I've found so far appear to be the Terra Plana Hamilton.  They appear to borrow from the Vivo Barefoot line.  I'm poor at the moment and these are really expensive.  I'm a little surprised at the price to be honest, but it is what it is.  The Vivo Barefoot Oaks are very nice too.  Since I've been in V5Fs for a good while now, I'm finding my Merrells just aren't as comfortable as they use to be.  In fact, I made the mistake of wearing them after a run for a good part of the day and I think my feet were actually swearing at me.  I'm not really crazy about the idea of buying new dress/work shoes as my current ones are still in good condition.  Hmm, maybe I should just get a job at a place where I can wear V5Fs all the time, hmm.  Google maybe  Grin

Twitter: kaioslider
Run tracking: http://runkeeper.com/user/kaioslider
Hawkeye
Superstar

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2009, 10:39:26 PM »

I've been looking into something to wear for work.  The dressiest shoe I've found so far appear to be the Terra Plana Hamilton.  They appear to borrow from the Vivo Barefoot line.  I'm poor at the moment and these are really expensive.  I'm a little surprised at the price to be honest, but it is what it is.  The Vivo Barefoot Oaks are very nice too.  Since I've been in V5Fs for a good while now, I'm finding my Merrells just aren't as comfortable as they use to be.  In fact, I made the mistake of wearing them after a run for a good part of the day and I think my feet were actually swearing at me.  I'm not really crazy about the idea of buying new dress/work shoes as my current ones are still in good condition.  Hmm, maybe I should just get a job at a place where I can wear V5Fs all the time, hmm.  Google maybe  Grin

Try pegasusshoes.com for vivo barefoot oaks. They have them for $68 if they have your size.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: