BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
October 24, 2014, 08:38:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: evoskins  (Read 2968 times)
morgan_4785

morgan_4785 is starting to look familiar.morgan_4785 is starting to look familiar.

live free or die hard

View Profile
« on: June 12, 2010, 12:22:10 AM »

anyone know anything about the new evoskins? im really interested, and feel a major urge to learn more.

jesus Saves
    Feet are the greatest piece of technology ever. guess who made them? God
    « on: June 12, 2010, 12:22:10 AM »

marley mission
    The People's Champ
    Global Moderator

marley mission is making a name for themselves.marley mission is making a name for themselves.marley mission is making a name for themselves.marley mission is making a name for themselves.marley mission is making a name for themselves.

use the wobble board

View Profile
    « Reply #1 on: June 12, 2010, 03:43:44 AM »

saw the story on the front page - me too - always interested in new / alts to vibes - i have had good success w my tplana products as well as my vibes so like to keep an open mind - the pic of the pair on the home page was a little ugly imo - would prefer my classics anyday - but it sounds like there are several model types being released

but we need to see more info right - skora has been releasing a shoe forever and that shoe has been delayed even further from a recent email i received - right now vibram and terra plana are the only games in town w regards to a true minimalist type shoe imo

morgan_4785

morgan_4785 is starting to look familiar.morgan_4785 is starting to look familiar.

live free or die hard

View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: June 12, 2010, 08:22:32 AM »

yea, i thought they were a little strange. but if theyre breathable and functional, i could see myself wearing them for action.

jesus Saves
    Feet are the greatest piece of technology ever. guess who made them? God
    Anderson

Anderson is a new face.

View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: June 12, 2010, 11:00:46 AM »

It's good news to me that more manufacturers are looking at pushing the minimalist envelope.  I'm not a fan of the material in the evoskins and have a hard time believing they will breathe anywhere there isn't a hole.  I also don't think they look easy to put on.  And they're ugly.  Of course I was just told at work that my Classics "are uglier than Crocs!"  That's a subjective thing that won't matter much to anyone who really cares about function.  Anyway, a step in the right direction, but I'm not interested just yet.

"Buy me a Bushmills, I'll sing you a song."
    « Reply #3 on: June 12, 2010, 11:00:46 AM »

hippierunner

hippierunner is well known.hippierunner is well known.hippierunner is well known.hippierunner is well known.

View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: June 12, 2010, 01:26:27 PM »

Curious about the material used.  How can it be breathable if it's silicone  Huh

Marley, don't forget SoftStar RunAmoc's!  Have not heard too much about them so far.
    echo zero

echo zero is a new face.

View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: June 12, 2010, 04:15:31 PM »

inov8's minimalist line could bring alot more attention to barefoot and minimlist footwear; on an outdoor forum i use inov8 are given a lot of attention and credit, and vibes are considered a gimmick (ironic considering invo8 market their stuff as being similar to barefoot), more people will probably notice them when browsing the inov8 website too, as most people think vibram only make soles and so don't go looking on their website.

it will be interesting to see the other models

wetsuit boots for cold weather
    Go_Blue

Go_Blue is a new face.

Barefooting it

View Profile WWW
    « Reply #6 on: June 30, 2010, 07:43:57 PM »

A review on Evoskins on Runner's World complete with some pics:
    http://www.runnersworld.com/community/forums/runner-communities/barefoot-running/inov8-evoskins-bare-grip-200-pics

Rana
    Global Moderator
    Superstar

Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.

View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: June 30, 2010, 08:23:36 PM »

My fiancÚ's reaction?  "It's like you're wearing cut up dishwashing gloves."

I have to say, I rather agree.  (The bright blue doesn't help.)

All an octopus needs to trap a human is a door with three knobs.

Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/56809170@N00/sets/72157622338419245/
    Gallery: http://sungazer.zenfolio.com
    Go_Blue

Go_Blue is a new face.

Barefooting it

View Profile WWW
    « Reply #8 on: June 30, 2010, 08:41:58 PM »

I agree. His description of "foot condom" does seem rather appropriate. And the thought of sweating in them? I sweat in the VFFs enough, I can't imagine these things!

Mojo

Mojo is a new face.

Stinky hippie

View Profile
    « Reply #9 on: June 30, 2010, 08:49:57 PM »

My fiancÚ's reaction?  "It's like you're wearing cut up dishwashing gloves."

I have to say, I rather agree.  (The bright blue doesn't help.)

That was my first thought, too.  Cheesy

The shape of the toes makes them look even more like dish gloves to me.  They seem weirdly long and tubular.  It could just be the picture, or that I have shortish toes, I suppose.  I just can't imagine my toes filling those out.

Definitely not appealing to me.  I'll stick with my VFF's.  Smiley

12 pairs of VFF's: 6 KSO (1 grey/palm, 1 blue/camo, 2 black & 2 grey/fuchsia), 2 Classic (black & lilac), 2 Bikila (magenta/orange & silver/verde), 1 Speed (black/white), 1 Sport Trek (Champagne/Red) Proud vegan
    hippierunner

hippierunner is well known.hippierunner is well known.hippierunner is well known.hippierunner is well known.

View Profile
    « Reply #10 on: June 30, 2010, 11:22:44 PM »

I can just imagine my feet getting all hot and sweaty real fast in the evoskins similar to rubber gloves.  Athletes foot anyone?  The VFF classics have been good for me on up to 3hr runs without getting too bad.  Nice to see some competition in the market.
    echo zero

echo zero is a new face.

View Profile
    « Reply #11 on: July 01, 2010, 03:24:59 PM »

the bear grips are looking good. i look forward to seeing salomon's stuff

marley mission
    The People's Champ
    Global Moderator

marley mission is making a name for themselves.marley mission is making a name for themselves.marley mission is making a name for themselves.marley mission is making a name for themselves.marley mission is making a name for themselves.

use the wobble board

View Profile
    « Reply #12 on: July 01, 2010, 05:52:06 PM »

to me the minimalist footwear race has but 2 big horses - vibes and tplana

that said - you got huaraches and soft star looking like fair options also

echo zero

echo zero is a new face.

View Profile
    « Reply #13 on: August 04, 2010, 08:31:09 AM »

i've been talking to some inov8 reps about these, and now im very excited about them, i think that they will be superior fivefingers for most activities, and general use. the only downside is that they might get slightly hotter on the feet, but there will be vents in the final version.

balsam0

balsam0 is starting to look familiar.balsam0 is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
    « Reply #14 on: August 04, 2010, 09:10:16 AM »

I am finding my huaraches difficult to run in.  That could be due to the fact I am no longer using the nylon rope it came with and the leather laces I have are really meant for shoes.  I think Barefoot Ted is on to something with his Luna Sandals.  Leather would feel a lot better on soles of my feet than rubber.  I am having a difficult time finding a balance on the tying method I use.  It is either too tight or over time it loosens.  I need to find a better method or just run barefoot or in vibes. 

As for the Evoskins I am not sure they are worth the $60 when I have 6 pairs of vibes to wear out.  Also I think I might go down the cheap route and start buying some aqua socks to run in.  Not really sure how long they would last though.  I am not doing a ton of mileage right now, because I keep injuring my feet.  I am not giving them proper time to heal.

For me I think my next minimalist purchase will either be the Run-Mocs or nothing at all, and just use my vibes till they are worn out completely.
    Pages: [1] 2
      Print  

Jump to: