BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
April 23, 2014, 05:24:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: I need the forums help  (Read 2946 times)
Cubicle51

Cubicle51 is a new face.

View Profile
« on: March 20, 2012, 08:34:55 AM »

Hello all,

so while I love my VFF and LEMings I have a minor issue which has to do with pant length. they drag under my heals, I found the great idea on the forum boards of using the S-biner clip to keep them up and it's a great idea BUT my warehouse has security, we walk through metal detectors before getting to the warehouse floor. I spend my whole work day on the warehouse floor, but I go through security for meetings and lunch and assorted things all day long and yes, it does pick up the S-Biners if you have them on you when you walk through the metal detectors, I've tried already.

My question is does anyone know of a plastic substitute for the S-Biner that I can use in place of the metal one at work? I have yet to find a replacement...

M41 KSO's (Black/Black), M42 Spyridon, M42 Classic, M43 Leming (Earth Brown x2) (Black x2), Bellville TR MiniMil (Blac) and plain ol' Nekkid pheet

Veneratio est meritus , nunquam donatus.
« on: March 20, 2012, 08:34:55 AM »

JustinB

JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2012, 08:52:24 AM »

http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/nite_ize_plastic_s_biner_2.html

they should be no more reactive than a paper clip.  Or if you can find them and are willing to shell out the money, Vivobarefoot has/had a product called the trip clip.  elastic cord around the ankle with a pants clip on the back.

42 Grey/Palm/Clay KSO, 43 Black Classic, 44 Black Moc, 43 Black/White Speed,43 Grey/Green Bikila LS, 43 Black/Day Glow SeeYa
44 Black/White Vivobarefoot Neo, 43 Black Vivobarefoot Ra
Mr. Leigh
Superstar

Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.

23 pair VFFs, 3 pair Stems, 5 VB, & 2 Teva

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2012, 09:25:46 AM »

I just received my trip clips in the mail yesterday, so this is perfect timing.  I wore them immediately and must say they work great as long as you are wearing a model shoe with laces.  You need somewhere to tuck the front tab to hold them in place.  I wore them yesterday with my Speeds and today with my Stems and so far I have zero complaints.  They are a little spendy.  I paid $15 plus another $8 in shipping.  I am glad that I bit on them, as they do a great job keeping my pants up off the ground.  On a side note, they come in a package that is made to look like a pack of cigarettes.  It just struck me as funny. 

So be sure when you step.
Step with care and great tact and remember that Life's a Great Balancing Act.
Just never forget to be dexterous and deft. 
And never mix up your right foot and your left.

Oh, the Places You'll Go! by Dr. Suess
Mr. Leigh
Superstar

Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2012, 09:32:49 AM »

If you are interested, you had better hurry.  Usually the website is sold out.  I see they have lime green ones left is all.  When I ordered mine I got what they are calling orange, which is actually a goldenrod yellow and matched the yellow Vibram logo perfectly.

http://www.vivobarefoot.com/us/ladies.html?pg=4&type_product=42%252F-91&lcolor=194-221

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2012, 09:32:49 AM »

JustinB

JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2012, 09:33:26 AM »

Mr Leigh, What color did you get?  I could not, for the life of me, figure out why they chose neon yellow and neon green instead of clear.

42 Grey/Palm/Clay KSO, 43 Black Classic, 44 Black Moc, 43 Black/White Speed,43 Grey/Green Bikila LS, 43 Black/Day Glow SeeYa
Mr. Leigh
Superstar

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2012, 09:34:55 AM »

I got the orange-yellow.  I guess after further searching that color option is still available as well.

http://www.vivobarefoot.com/us/ladies/trip-clip.html

Mr. Leigh
Superstar

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2012, 09:37:01 AM »

Mr Leigh, What color did you get?  I could not, for the life of me, figure out why they chose neon yellow and neon green instead of clear.

I completely agree.  I would have liked to see a black or even a navy blue, something a little more discreet so that it would blend in with the jeans.  That is why I went with the yellow orange, so at least it matched the Vibram logo.  The lime green would really stick out IMHO.

Mr. Leigh
Superstar

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2012, 09:43:29 AM »

These were briefly discussed and apparently dismissed in this thread.  I actually an a fan of them, pricey as they may be. 

http://birthdayshoes.com/forum/birthdayshoes-com-general-discussion/pants-with-vff-kso/

JustinB

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2012, 10:09:30 AM »

I actually did what the workaround was.  I took a couple pieces of string.  Made a loop on one end, attached a small binder clip to the loop and used a slip knot to tie them around my ankle. 

Mr. Leigh
Superstar

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2012, 10:20:39 AM »

Here is a pic of the yellow clip.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

[IMG=http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/7012/tripclip.png][/IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 10:23:32 AM by Mr. Leigh » Logged

Mr. Leigh
Superstar

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2012, 10:30:36 AM »

I actually did what the workaround was.  I took a couple pieces of string.  Made a loop on one end, attached a small binder clip to the loop and used a slip knot to tie them around my ankle. 

I am not a fan of the s binder clips, so I am dreaming up my own idea, similar to the trip clip, but with a different attachment method.  I think a tie or a bungee with an adjuster or something would be good.  The only drawback to the trip clip is that it needs to fasten under the laces on the shoes.  Not an option if I wear classics. 

JustinB

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2012, 10:33:24 AM »

I am not a fan of the s binder clips, so I am dreaming up my own idea, similar to the trip clip, but with a different attachment method.  I think a tie or a bungee with an adjuster or something would be good.  The only drawback to the trip clip is that it needs to fasten under the laces on the shoes.  Not an option if I wear classics. 

Well I have s-biner clips, but I also did the workaround with paper binder clips with string for models that don't have a loop in the back.

Cubicle51

Cubicle51 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2012, 10:37:12 AM »

I knew I came to the right group of people

now...how did I not find the plastic ones (google has let me down)

I am greatly appreciative for all the help

M41 KSO's (Black/Black), M42 Spyridon, M42 Classic, M43 Leming (Earth Brown x2) (Black x2), Bellville TR MiniMil (Blac) and plain ol' Nekkid pheet

Veneratio est meritus , nunquam donatus.
Mr. Leigh
Superstar

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2012, 10:43:24 AM »

I previously attached two links.  Here is one to the yellow clips.  Lime green is also available.

http://www.vivobarefoot.com/us/ladies.html?pg=4&type_product=42%252F-91&lcolor=194-221

Mr. Leigh
Superstar

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2012, 10:47:41 AM »

They ship out of New York.  I am in Minnesota.  I ordered mine on 3/13 and got them yesterday 3/19. 

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: