BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
September 14, 2014, 10:00:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Injinji Liners  (Read 4074 times)
Pete Rasmussen

Pete Rasmussen is a new face.

View Profile
« on: June 07, 2010, 11:35:35 AM »

I picked up some Injinji Liners over the weekend at my local running store. 

http://www.injinji.com/tetratsok/liner.htm

'Loved them.  They add very little bulk, but kept my feet from crying about some hotspots I had with my brand new Bikilas (that fit perfectly without socks).

- Pete
« on: June 07, 2010, 11:35:35 AM »

blemt

blemt is a new face.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2010, 02:56:46 PM »

Nice. I'm waiting for the liners to start showing up at my local stores. I'm running into blister issues on longer walks. Problem is the performance socks are a smidge too thick. :/ I'm hoping these do the trick.
thekooze

thekooze is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2010, 11:16:20 AM »

have you found any no show toe socks that stop below the ankle? I've been looking  for them, not to hard, but i thought i'd ask.  I have the coolmax injinji's and they are a little snug in my KSOs but it isn't uncomfortable.

Joel
JonJon

JonJon is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2010, 11:13:54 AM »

have you found any no show toe socks that stop below the ankle? I've been looking  for them, not to hard, but i thought i'd ask.  I have the coolmax injinji's and they are a little snug in my KSOs but it isn't uncomfortable.

Well Injinji makes the "Micro": http://www.injinji.com/tetratsok/p_micro.htm
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2010, 11:13:54 AM »

thekooze

thekooze is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2010, 09:40:02 AM »

thanks!

Joel
Mojo

Mojo is a new face.

Stinky hippie

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2010, 05:47:15 PM »

Has anyone else gotten both colors of Injinji liners (black and heather grey) and noticed that the heather grey ones are significantly softer?  They feel more durable to me, too, although they aren't thicker on my feet.  The black ones are a bit rough and scratchy, but the grey ones are soft.  Strange.  Undecided

Of course, I've noticed that some standard Injinji colors are softer than others.  Sand is very soft, for example, and grey is rougher.  I wonder why that is.  Huh

12 pairs of VFF's: 6 KSO (1 grey/palm, 1 blue/camo, 2 black & 2 grey/fuchsia), 2 Classic (black & lilac), 2 Bikila (magenta/orange & silver/verde), 1 Speed (black/white), 1 Sport Trek (Champagne/Red) Proud vegan
Rana
Global Moderator
Superstar

Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2010, 08:25:24 PM »

I haven't noticed the softness issue, but I have discovered that the Injinjis are inconsistent when it comes to toe length.  The first ones I got, they fit perfectly.  The next one, the sole was too short and the toes were too long.  Then the next, the sole was fine and the toes were a bit too long.  These were all the same size - NuWool crews, in a medium. 

Frustrating!

All an octopus needs to trap a human is a door with three knobs.

Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/56809170@N00/sets/72157622338419245/
Gallery: http://sungazer.zenfolio.com
Mojo

Mojo is a new face.

Stinky hippie

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2010, 08:45:00 PM »

Weird.  I have one pair of Injinjis (an older pair of black minis that I got a couple years ago that have toes that are longer than any other pair I've gotten, but I thought it was just the way they were cut at the time (I only had the one pair for a long time and didn't buy more because the toes were too long) and that they'd changed it since then (since none of my new ones have that issue).  Looks like maybe it was just one of the off pairs instead.  I've been wondering about that for a while, especially since I almost didn't try Injinjis again after the first pair didn't work.

It could just be me, but it really does seem like the heather grey liners are significantly softer than the black ones.  My black crews and mini crews have a sort of coarse feel to them, but the heather grey ones (again, crews and mini crews) seem more like brushed cotton.  They seem ever so slightly thicker, too (I can see more of my feet through the weave of the black ones but they don't feel thicker or take up more room in my VFF's as far as I can tell), but that could just be the difference in the yarn color, making my skin show through one color more than the other, or some sort of inconsistency with the black ones being smaller than the grey.

I don't know.  Maybe the thinner feel and the coarser feel of my black ones are related and it's a consistency issue.  Or maybe I'm imagining it.  Either way, I prefer my heather grey ones even though they look ugly when they're not on my feet.  Cheesy

12 pairs of VFF's: 6 KSO (1 grey/palm, 1 blue/camo, 2 black & 2 grey/fuchsia), 2 Classic (black & lilac), 2 Bikila (magenta/orange & silver/verde), 1 Speed (black/white), 1 Sport Trek (Champagne/Red) Proud vegan
Scoutleaderky

Scoutleaderky is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2010, 03:10:22 PM »

I bought a pair of the mini crew and I like them  a lot they help by adding a little extra padding and helping with a couple hot spots.  they  do tend to cram the toes and it takes a bit longer to put the shoes on(I have KSO's) but  other than that they are great.  Hopefully they will help extend the life of  my insoles and reduce the funk.
iPhreak

iPhreak is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2010, 03:54:00 PM »

I might be in the minority but I am really disappointed in the liners.  I was thinking that these would be my savoir of the chance of funkiness.  I have the heather grey ones and I have only used them twice and they are falling apart.  The liners are thin (which is what I am after) but they do not hold their shape and stretch out.  Oh well. 

Good thing I like running bare in my Biks.
taylordmd

taylordmd is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2010, 07:56:48 PM »

Anyone know where the best place is to order these?  By best I mean cheapest, and ships (preferrably free) to Canada?  The injinji's are $20 at our local store, and while I did buy one pair there I just can't do it again!
iPhreak

iPhreak is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2010, 07:49:07 AM »

I bought a pair on ebay from RBL products.  Here is the ebay store link

http://myworld.ebay.com/rbl-health-and-fitness

hawkeye2188

hawkeye2188 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2010, 02:09:03 PM »

I have a pair of the micro grey ones, feel great inside my Bikilas and I wear them to work in my regular shoe.
LowNSlow

LowNSlow is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2010, 02:10:46 PM »

I bought a pair on ebay from RBL products.  Here is the ebay store link

http://myworld.ebay.com/rbl-health-and-fitness

Thanks for the link to the dealer. I ordered a 3 pack of black liners to wear with my KSOs. I get blisters in them bare skin unlike the Bikilas.
LowNSlow

LowNSlow is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2010, 08:08:53 PM »

Brief thoughts on the black Injinji liners I received today:

They are definitely thin. I want to say they are half the thickness of regular Injinjis.
They are stretchy so put them on carefully and take your time.
DO NOT let them touch the hook portion of the straps if you have any. Snag City. I pulled a few threads out of the toe portion of one pair. I hope they don't start to tear up.  Cry

It is what it is.. A liner sock. With that said, they do feel good in my KSOs.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: