BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
September 21, 2014, 10:08:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Injinji Liners  (Read 4077 times)
kuo34

kuo34 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2010, 11:45:24 PM »

I got a pair of their original micros with my Bikilas.  It takes some getting used to like the VFF, but I have no trouble getting into my KSOs or Bikilas with the micros on.  I'll be using them for long walking days in the KSOs or for cold days.  I've had hot spots in my KSOs but I've yet to take my Bikilas on the road.  Will have to try running in the Bikilas with and without liners in the coming days.
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2010, 11:45:24 PM »

LowNSlow

LowNSlow is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2010, 08:33:39 AM »

PLEASE use extreme caution when putting on your VFF's with any kind of hook and loop strap using the liners. As I stated in an earlier post, DO NOT let the hook part of the Velcro come in contact with the liner and snag. It catches on quick.

The snag I encountered pulled some threads out. I snipped some away and sure enough it compromised the integrity of the sock. As demonstrated by my thumb, check out the hole. That's a brand new sock not even 2 minutes out of the package. I'll be more careful next time.

« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 08:50:23 AM by LowNSlow » Logged
Hawkeye
Superstar

Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!

I go barefoot, but my dog wears shoes.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2010, 10:20:08 AM »

Never snip threads that get snagged, just find a needle and pull them back through or try stretching the fabric to get the threads to go back into the weave. Since socks and sweaters for that matter are knit, they are just one thread looped over itself and cutting any loose threads=instant holes. Sorry it happened with your new socks.  Sad
LowNSlow

LowNSlow is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2010, 11:09:40 AM »

I'm so used to cutting threads whenever I see them. The knit part didn't cross my mind. I'm not real handy around fabric and such. Now I know.  Undecided
I can still wear them but just have to keep an eye out on the hole I made.
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2010, 11:09:40 AM »

taylordmd

taylordmd is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2010, 11:26:02 AM »

Google "how to darn socks"  Someone linked a video for me of how to do it and I was able to fix a hole in mine just fine.
crashnburn

crashnburn is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2010, 05:12:29 PM »

Which of these are suited for hot humid weather?
iPhreak

iPhreak is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2010, 12:50:52 PM »

I am in the SouthEast and it is crazy hot and even more crazy humid.  When it gets like this I go bare.  I cannot stand wet socks.  The Biks seem to wick the moisture away better than Injinji and Biks.  But if you must wear a sock, I would have to say the performance micro is better suited for the heat than the liner.  The liner is just the thinnest model they have. 
TsuaSai

TsuaSai is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2010, 06:06:22 PM »

Where has everyone bought the liners from? Only place I have found them is injinjis site. Wasn't sure if I had any other options.
iPhreak

iPhreak is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2010, 08:41:27 AM »

A few posts up I linked to a ebay store. 
TsuaSai

TsuaSai is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2010, 09:55:34 AM »

Sorry I had seen that and checked them out they just didn't have my size but I will keep checking back.
striker

striker is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2010, 10:13:08 AM »

Hiked in the liners with my treks yesterday for the first time.  Really great, just enough sock.  Can't wear the regular injinjis with my treks or bikilas because it causes so much toe pain.  Just wish they weren't $10 since I have already blown most of my expendable income on VFFs Wink
j3oomerang

j3oomerang is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2010, 03:09:33 AM »

So are the Liner Series the only one with the "seamless 5 toe construction" or are the Performance Series made the same way?
Rana
Global Moderator
Superstar

Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2010, 01:43:16 PM »

My Nüwool Injinjis are seamless too.  Be cautious with them, though - I've discovered that they are horribly inconsistent when it comes to toe length.  Toe wedgies are no fun.

All an octopus needs to trap a human is a door with three knobs.

Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/56809170@N00/sets/72157622338419245/
Gallery: http://sungazer.zenfolio.com
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: