BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
August 21, 2014, 11:55:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Merrell Barefoot Run Tempo Glove , Life Frost Glove (women's)  (Read 1596 times)
acc

acc is starting to look familiar.acc is starting to look familiar.

YOU are the Technology

View Profile WWW
« on: July 13, 2012, 08:07:05 PM »

Merrell is clearly trying to break ground into the women's market. They have their whole. "Pretty Strong" campaign goign on over at http://www.merrell.com/US/en/Barefoot-women

http://www.merrell.com/US/en-US/Product.mvc.aspx/29017W/69294/Womens/Barefoot-Run-Tempo-Glove?dimensions=0
A glove-like, water resistant, breathable upper forms a barrier against cold ground and frozen precipitation while staying true to your foot’s natural motion.

http://www.merrell.com/US/en-US/Product.mvc.aspx/29018W/69298/Black/J56378?dimensions=0
Go barefoot in style this winter without Jack Frost nipping at your toes. These casual barefoot boots are waterproof and insulated to protect your feet from the cold, while letting you experience the foot freedom you love. We added a little arch support and minimalist 3.5 mm cushioning to warm your sole over frozen ground.

The key thing here is water resistance.

I still wouldn't pay more than $60-70 for a pair of non leather Merrells seeing how they are so overstocked that they appear in TJ Maxx and Marshall's according to people on this forum.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 08:13:37 PM by acc » Logged

Looking for sale /coupons at VFF/Injinji stores (authorized dealers only) Waiting for 3mm soled leather VFF oxford (not Capri) and KSO EVO.
« on: July 13, 2012, 08:07:05 PM »

Amoux

Amoux is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2012, 03:32:06 PM »

I'm really hoping to see if anyone has thoughts they'd like to share about the Run Tempo Glove. It's pretty cold and rainy here in the winter so I'm wondering if these would be a good option and about how they feel.
hallations

hallations is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2012, 07:55:44 PM »

I want to know that, too.  I work on wet, slick surfaces, and the TC1 rubber that everyone seems to favor for minimalist shoe soles is super slick.  I just want to find a minimalist shoe I can live in all day at work, and not have to worry about slipping all over!  If this sole has a little grip, this may be the one.  AND, it even looks good!
Amoux

Amoux is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2012, 03:44:16 PM »

Two nice reviews and the video gives a better look at the shoe: http://www.zappos.com/merrell-barefoot-tempo-glove

Also thought it worth a mention that the sole currently shown on Merrell's site doesn't match up with what I've seen on other sites or videos. The image on Zappos' page seems to be the correct one.  Smiley
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 06:00:41 PM by Amoux » Logged
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2012, 03:44:16 PM »

akooser

akooser is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2012, 11:55:44 PM »

I really had high hopes for the Frost Glove. I tried them on a REI and the biggest problem I found was the inflexibility of the sole. It's really stiff, especially compared to the other Merrell Gloves and the VFF I'm used to. Would be curious if anybody else has tried them...I'm still looking for a warm, flat-soled, flexible winter boot.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: