BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
September 01, 2014, 03:36:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Minimalist @ Work  (Read 2424 times)
FL Runner

FL Runner is a new face.

View Profile
« on: October 21, 2011, 01:33:28 PM »

Well, I finally got a pair of Dash RunAmoc's to wear at work. The heels in my dress shoes were just getting too much to bear as I've completed my transition. So far I absolutely love them, very comfortable and I do believe I can get away with them wearing slacks and dress shirts. Just couldn't see wearing my VFF's in this environment other than casual Friday's.

I did think I would fly under the radar wearing these unconventional shoes, but to quote Shawshank Redemption "I'm mean really, how often do you look at a man's shoes?". Well I can tell you apparently around here quite often!  Grin

My shoes were noticed immediately and by many different people. Good news is most have been positive with the most common comment is that they look really comfortable.

Next up is finding something I can wear with my Kaki's, really interested in all the recent talk I've seen about Stems, they may the next up in the shopping cart :-)

"I just felt like running." - Forrest Gump
Opportunity is often passed up because it is disguised as hard work.
« on: October 21, 2011, 01:33:28 PM »

Koala3

Koala3 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2011, 11:25:17 PM »

Those Dash RunAmoc's look pretty snazzy, I've been hearing a lot lately that I need some dress shoes but they are always terribly uncomfy in my experiences even before starting to go minimalist. What type of place do you work? Do you think they make a plausible option for a dressy shoe?
The Yeti

The Yeti is starting to look familiar.The Yeti is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2011, 07:11:43 PM »

Not from the same company but if you were looking for a more dressy option check out the Vivobarefoot Ra.

They are a little more expensive, but from what I've heard they make a great product. If you nee a dressy shoe, these should work for you. They do look nice.

To err is human, to arr is pirate.
acc

acc is starting to look familiar.acc is starting to look familiar.

YOU are the Technology

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2011, 05:29:39 PM »

Not from the same company but if you were looking for a more dressy option check out the Vivobarefoot Ra.

They are a little more expensive, but from what I've heard they make a great product. If you nee a dressy shoe, these should work for you. They do look nice.

Have the Ra's ever been on sale? I looked online and they've always been $140 (a least for black) or out of stock.

A less dressy option is Merrell Barefoot Tough Glove.

Looking for sale /coupons at VFF/Injinji stores (authorized dealers only) Waiting for 3mm soled leather VFF oxford (not Capri) and KSO EVO.
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2011, 05:29:39 PM »

FL Runner

FL Runner is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2011, 11:05:39 AM »

Those Dash RunAmoc's look pretty snazzy, I've been hearing a lot lately that I need some dress shoes but they are always terribly uncomfy in my experiences even before starting to go minimalist. What type of place do you work? Do you think they make a plausible option for a dressy shoe?

I work at an aircraft modification hangar, but I do work upstairs in the offices with Program Mangers, Contract and the like. I do believe they make a plausible dress shoe and I have had more support than teasing :-) However, my direct supervisor is at another location and only one person here out ranks me so not sure if that is helping or not. Nobody has worked here longer than me and I am usually one of the better dressed (not trying to judge and besides my daughter is my fashion consultant, I obviously am not allowed to buy clothes anymore since I'm sooooo out of touch :-)  ).

Mr. Leigh
Superstar

Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.

23 pair VFFs, 3 pair Stems, 5 VB, & 2 Teva

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2011, 02:39:56 PM »

Next up is finding something I can wear with my Kaki's, really interested in all the recent talk I've seen about Stems, they may the next up in the shopping cart :-)

I have a pair of Grey Stems that I wear with jeans and was fortunate enough to be their facebook fan winner, so for my second pair I go them in brown.  The dark brown is killer looking with khakis, which is what I got them for. 

So be sure when you step.
Step with care and great tact and remember that Life's a Great Balancing Act.
Just never forget to be dexterous and deft. 
And never mix up your right foot and your left.

Oh, the Places You'll Go! by Dr. Suess
FL Runner

FL Runner is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2011, 11:06:06 AM »

@ Mr. Leigh, you must be correct because my fashion consultant (read -> my daughter) agreed to allow me to buy them. Appreciate the input!

bclead

bclead is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2011, 11:10:44 AM »

Has anyone out there purchased both the Vivobarefoot Ra and the RunAmoc Dash for work, and if so, which do you prefer?  Are either one or the other better for certain times of the year and/or climates?  I live in New England and I am very interested in getting one or other (or both).  I have the Stem Primal Origins and love them, but sometimes they are not dressy enough.   Also, as it gets colder, the Stems are a bit too "breezy"!

VFF Fanatic since 2009.  My VFF collection contains....2-Sprints, 2-KSO, 2 KSO Treks, 1-Trek Sport, 1-Komodo Sport, 1-Flow & 1-Bormio, 2 Lizard Kiotas, 1 Oetz1 Troop Boots, 1 Feelmax Kuuva2, 2 Soft Star RunAmoc Dashs, 1 Soft Star RunAmoc, 1 Soft Star Rambler, 1 Soft Star RunAmoc Lite, 2 Lemmings
PB Junkie

PB Junkie is starting to look familiar.PB Junkie is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2011, 01:13:47 PM »

Now through Nov. 1st, you can get 30% off on Vivobarefoot using the code VBHALLOWEEN30

Note:  sign up for an account first (free), then shop and use the code.

The only drawback is that they charge $16 shipping in the U.S.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 01:15:19 PM by PB Junkie » Logged

VFFs: KSO W40, Treksport W40, Bikila W40, Jaya LR W41, Komodosport LS W40, KSO Trek W40, Spyridon LS W40, Bikila LS W40
Other:Merrell Trail Glove M 7.5, Merrell Sonic Glove M 7.5, VB Neo W41, VB Off Road Hi W41, Merrell Delight W9, VB Breatho Trail W40, Runamoc Dash U9, Merrell Road Glove M7.5
bclead

bclead is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2011, 04:08:52 PM »

Unfortunately the 30% off code (mentioned by PB Junkie) does not work for the Vivobarefoot Ra (maybe because they are new?).  Bummer!!

VFF Fanatic since 2009.  My VFF collection contains....2-Sprints, 2-KSO, 2 KSO Treks, 1-Trek Sport, 1-Komodo Sport, 1-Flow & 1-Bormio, 2 Lizard Kiotas, 1 Oetz1 Troop Boots, 1 Feelmax Kuuva2, 2 Soft Star RunAmoc Dashs, 1 Soft Star RunAmoc, 1 Soft Star Rambler, 1 Soft Star RunAmoc Lite, 2 Lemmings
PB Junkie

PB Junkie is starting to look familiar.PB Junkie is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2011, 07:44:09 PM »

I checked their site and it looks like the Ra is out of stock.  Sorry.   Embarrassed

VFFs: KSO W40, Treksport W40, Bikila W40, Jaya LR W41, Komodosport LS W40, KSO Trek W40, Spyridon LS W40, Bikila LS W40
Other:Merrell Trail Glove M 7.5, Merrell Sonic Glove M 7.5, VB Neo W41, VB Off Road Hi W41, Merrell Delight W9, VB Breatho Trail W40, Runamoc Dash U9, Merrell Road Glove M7.5
bclead

bclead is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2011, 07:58:29 AM »

Just before the end of the sale I decided to take the  plunge and get a pair of Oaks for 30% off.  I think that they'll be fine for my work, and the 30% off sealed the deal!

Dailydose

Dailydose is a new face.

Runnin in the dark winter morns

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2011, 07:04:15 PM »

When I go out in the refinery, it's required to have pronounced heels.  Minimalist shoes would get me sent home.
When inside, I let people pick on my EVOs or VFFs.  Works for me, not for them (suckers).

Bikilas, mud colored now.
KSO Trek, black on black on black on black.
Terra Plana Vivobarefoot EVO II blue/light blue.
Merrell Trail Glove Embark Gore Tex, black and blue.
KSO originals.  Gym shoes/indoor use for the winter.
munisano

munisano is a new face.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2011, 06:10:42 PM »

Anybody ever tried any of the Patagonia line of shoes?  I have the "Cedar" (now discontinued: http://www.backcountry.com/patagonia-footwear-cedar-shoe-mens)) but as far as I can tell the "Loulu" is it's ancestor: http://www.patagonia.com/us/product/footwear-mens-loulu-wool-walking-shoe?p=79513-0-395

Anyhow I've been wearing the Cedar for several years now to work, the go well with just about any kind of attire.  The key is the very simple construction of these shoes, they are basically moccasins with an easily removable insole.  With the insole in place they are a bit stiffer and have arch support and have some fair amount of heel-to-toe drop.  *HOWEVER* with the insole removed there is nothing between the bottom of your feet and the ground but the very thin outsole of the shoe!!!  Awesome!  Hey it's worth trying out!  Patagonia makes some awesome products; my wife and I have never been disappointed.

All the best!

Rob

munisano
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: