BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
October 23, 2014, 07:06:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Modifying Keens?  (Read 724 times)
Gidds

Gidds is a new face.

has AWFUL feet

View Profile
« on: April 22, 2012, 10:04:02 AM »

Anybody ever try modifying a Keen sandal to have a huarache sole? I've been wearing Keens since before they were popular. My first pair was almost worn out last year, so I got a new pair of Whispers a couple of months before I decided to wear zero-drop shoes 100% of the time. I hate to not wear them because I love the closed toe sandal but I am not wearing them with those soles with the excessive cush and raised heels. Ideas?
BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
« on: April 22, 2012, 10:04:02 AM »

Jeepman

Jeepman is well known.Jeepman is well known.Jeepman is well known.Jeepman is well known.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2012, 10:30:08 AM »

I resorted to using a band saw on my steel toed work shoes. I cut the heel off of them to make them zero drop. Desperate times require desperate measures.  Grin

Arch support?... We don't need no stinking arch support!
Mr. Leigh
Superstar

Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.

23 pair VFFs, 3 pair Stems, 5 VB, & 2 Teva

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2012, 04:44:01 PM »

Anybody ever try modifying a Keen sandal to have a huarache sole? I've been wearing Keens since before they were popular. My first pair was almost worn out last year, so I got a new pair of Whispers a couple of months before I decided to wear zero-drop shoes 100% of the time. I hate to not wear them because I love the closed toe sandal but I am not wearing them with those soles with the excessive cush and raised heels. Ideas?

If you are not comfortable with Jeepman's DIY suggestion, you could always locate a cobbler in your area and see if they are able to modify the shoes in any way.  It will cost you some money, but it is better than not having the shoes at all if you are partial to them.

So be sure when you step.
Step with care and great tact and remember that Life's a Great Balancing Act.
Just never forget to be dexterous and deft. 
And never mix up your right foot and your left.

Oh, the Places You'll Go! by Dr. Suess
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: