BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
July 22, 2014, 06:38:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Neat Transitional Shoes concept  (Read 1078 times)
Little King

Little King is a new face.

View Profile
« on: March 19, 2012, 07:12:42 PM »

I just found this on Stumbleupon, it looks pretty cool.

www.yankodesign.com/2011/07/13/sustainable-running-shoe/
« on: March 19, 2012, 07:12:42 PM »

JustinB

JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 07:49:43 PM »

interesting concept...

42 Grey/Palm/Clay KSO, 43 Black Classic, 44 Black Moc, 43 Black/White Speed,43 Grey/Green Bikila LS, 43 Black/Day Glow SeeYa
44 Black/White Vivobarefoot Neo, 43 Black Vivobarefoot Ra
Horse Rider

Horse Rider is starting to look familiar.Horse Rider is starting to look familiar.

Life without animals is not worth living

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2012, 12:46:35 PM »

Euh, no. Why do they say it follows the barefoot principles when the sole is one inch thick and does not even seem zero drop?

Treksport Pink
Bikila Silver/Verde,LS Purple
Flow Black
Sprint Black,Slate/Palmx2,Fuschia/Grey,Blue/Aqua
Classic Stormy Sea,Chili/Peach,Grey/Orange,Mauvex2,Lilac,Khaki/Sand,Suomy,Yellow/Grey,Sand/Dusty Blue,SW Charcoal
Alitza Grey/Rose
Stem,Lems,EvoII,Off Rd Hi,Boxing Boot,Lucy Lite,Konvinesx2
JustinB

JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2012, 12:48:38 PM »

Euh, no. Why do they say it follows the barefoot principles when the sole is one inch thick and does not even seem zero drop?

go about half way down.  The sole they are showing looks like the stage 1.  There are three stages of soles.  It looks like the concept for stage 3 is quite thin and minimal.

42 Grey/Palm/Clay KSO, 43 Black Classic, 44 Black Moc, 43 Black/White Speed,43 Grey/Green Bikila LS, 43 Black/Day Glow SeeYa
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2012, 12:48:38 PM »

Horse Rider

Horse Rider is starting to look familiar.Horse Rider is starting to look familiar.

Life without animals is not worth living

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2012, 01:16:48 PM »

I see... hence the term "transitional"... I still think they look a little space ship-y for my taste, but hey that's just IMHO.

Treksport Pink
Bikila Silver/Verde,LS Purple
Flow Black
Sprint Black,Slate/Palmx2,Fuschia/Grey,Blue/Aqua
Classic Stormy Sea,Chili/Peach,Grey/Orange,Mauvex2,Lilac,Khaki/Sand,Suomy,Yellow/Grey,Sand/Dusty Blue,SW Charcoal
Alitza Grey/Rose
Stem,Lems,EvoII,Off Rd Hi,Boxing Boot,Lucy Lite,Konvinesx2
paulr

paulr is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2012, 01:59:32 PM »

I love conceptual design stuff - sadly only a small amount of concepts ever make the market.

These look quite good but I would worry about the stability of the shoe with regard to the 'slit' in the middle of the sole which runs the full length of the shoe - might be a weak point following some wear
JustinB

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2012, 03:30:55 PM »

I love conceptual design stuff - sadly only a small amount of concepts ever make the market.

These look quite good but I would worry about the stability of the shoe with regard to the 'slit' in the middle of the sole which runs the full length of the shoe - might be a weak point following some wear

I believe that is part of the design to allow the replaceable soles.  If you look at the main body of the shoe there is a grid, so i imagine the sold is designed to slide through the grid so it seats.  I imagine there could be a little bit of wobble with the tall sole but once you get to the furter stages, it looks like it would be negligible.

on side note, am I the only one who though the liner would make a get stage as well? lol

Mr. Leigh
Superstar

Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.

23 pair VFFs, 3 pair Stems, 5 VB, & 2 Teva

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2012, 03:35:51 PM »

@ JustinB

I think the liner would get pretty tore up if used alone.  It appears to be a mesh material.  These are interesting.  The upper kind of reminds me of B-nat shoes a little.

So be sure when you step.
Step with care and great tact and remember that Life's a Great Balancing Act.
Just never forget to be dexterous and deft. 
And never mix up your right foot and your left.

Oh, the Places You'll Go! by Dr. Suess
rookhoe

rookhoe is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2012, 03:05:25 AM »

They dont look too flexible, like, they look stiff. In my opinion, something like that would be too complex. Why not just transition by switching between normal running shoes and something minimalist?

Just my thoughts.

Furthest distance in VFF: 12 miles
Furthest distance in NB Zero Trail: 12 miles
VFF: KSO M43, Bikila LS M43
Non VFF: NB Minimus Zero Trail
Little King

Little King is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2012, 11:02:09 PM »

They dont look too flexible, like, they look stiff. In my opinion, something like that would be too complex. Why not just transition by switching between normal running shoes and something minimalist?

Just my thoughts.

The thinner, presumably "advanced" soles seem pretty flexible. I figure these would be appealing because they would probably be cheaper in the long run due to them being modular and the ability to replace only the part that needs to be fixed.
rookhoe

rookhoe is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2012, 12:41:27 AM »

I understand what youre saying. I also understand that there may be a malfunction with the a shoe and needs to be fixed. But, people are running hundreds of miles in their VFF/other minimalist shoes. It would seem that if it were time to replace the sole, the rest of the shoe should be replaced as well.

Furthest distance in VFF: 12 miles
Furthest distance in NB Zero Trail: 12 miles
VFF: KSO M43, Bikila LS M43
Non VFF: NB Minimus Zero Trail
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: