BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
August 28, 2014, 11:16:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sizing in Vivobarefoot, New Balance Minimus Zero?  (Read 1395 times)
acc

acc is starting to look familiar.acc is starting to look familiar.

YOU are the Technology

View Profile WWW
« on: December 27, 2011, 09:46:22 PM »

So my foot is 10.25" in length, M42 in Merrell's (8.5US); M40 in VFFs when barefoot or M41 if I am wearing Injinji socks and don't want a tight fit.

The guy at Vivobarefoot said they don't have a cm conversion for their sizes and that they don't have half sizes. I'm wondering whether a M41 or M42 for Ra/Dharma would be the right size since I've read to buy "a size larger".

Anyone know if the guy in the store was just misinformed?

I am also eyeing the  NB Minimus Zero (too bad they're not made in the USA).

in other news, per customer service, they'll make the zero in 4E.
Response Via Email (Cam B.) 08/05/2011 01:13 PM
Dear Franklin,

Thank you for contacting New Balance Consumer Support!

We currently have no minimus style in a width wider than a 2E. I do, however, see that our zero-drop minimus, the MT00 and MR00, which are coming in the spring of 2012 will be offered in a 4E width.

That shoe will be available at www.ShopNewBalance.com and if you wanted to see it in person, you could email us around March with you zip code and we could help locate a retailer in your area that may have it available.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions or concerns by email or at 1-800-622-1218.

Sincerely,

Cam
New Balance Consumer Response Team

- http://www.newbalance.com/performance/running/nb-minimus-zero-9-things-you-should-know/

Looking for sale /coupons at VFF/Injinji stores (authorized dealers only) Waiting for 3mm soled leather VFF oxford (not Capri) and KSO EVO.
« on: December 27, 2011, 09:46:22 PM »

jmijares

jmijares is well known.jmijares is well known.jmijares is well known.jmijares is well known.

South Tower of the Golden Gate Bridge. 750 ft ASL.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2011, 09:26:11 AM »

I have the RA in M41.  My longest foot is just a tad over 10".  I've got a decent amount of space, but it's not uncomfortable.  You can also take out the sock liner and get a little bit more room.

In regular shoes, I wear a mens size 8 and I have M40 in the KSOs, Bikila LSs, and Trek LSs.

------------------------------------------------
3200 Miles in minimalist shoes since 17 April 2010

Currently running in B2R Raja Trainer

"Do you believe a man can change his destiny?"
"I believe a man does what he can, until his destiny is revealed."
- The Last Samurai
acc

acc is starting to look familiar.acc is starting to look familiar.

YOU are the Technology

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2011, 07:53:36 PM »

So basically M41 would be too small for me then?  Huh

(Because my foot measures 8.5-9 depending on how bad the brand is with toebox room.)

As an aside, anyone know how much a M42 Minimus Zero weighs (Road + Trail)?

131g (4.6oz) for a men's size 10 Trail
Weight: 178g (6.3oz) in a mens size 10 Road

according to http://www.toesalad.com/reviews/new-balance-minimus-zero-first-impressions
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 08:05:34 PM by acc » Logged

Looking for sale /coupons at VFF/Injinji stores (authorized dealers only) Waiting for 3mm soled leather VFF oxford (not Capri) and KSO EVO.
jmijares

jmijares is well known.jmijares is well known.jmijares is well known.jmijares is well known.

South Tower of the Golden Gate Bridge. 750 ft ASL.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2011, 09:54:51 PM »

So basically M41 would be too small for me then?  Huh

(Because my foot measures 8.5-9 depending on how bad the brand is with toebox room.)

I just tried on my RA barefoot and there's a fair amount of looseness in the shoe.  My longest foot is 10 1/16th inches.  I wear my RA with a pair of Smartwool dress socks, so that helps take care of the potential looseness of the shoe.  And that's also with the liner.  Without the liner, it's even looser still.

According to the Vivobarefoot web site, if you're a US size 9, then you should be using a M42 in the RA.  But...you might be able to go with the M41 without the liner and still have a good fit...

------------------------------------------------
3200 Miles in minimalist shoes since 17 April 2010

Currently running in B2R Raja Trainer

"Do you believe a man can change his destiny?"
"I believe a man does what he can, until his destiny is revealed."
- The Last Samurai
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2011, 09:54:51 PM »

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: