BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
September 01, 2014, 07:27:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: socks  (Read 3577 times)
vfftriathlete

vfftriathlete is starting to look familiar.vfftriathlete is starting to look familiar.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2010, 07:09:34 AM »

Got some toetoe socks but am yet to wear them with the V5F have worn them when i have to wear shoes or sneakers but not so far in the vibrams
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2010, 07:09:34 AM »

quadjr4

quadjr4 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2010, 06:55:17 PM »

I like wearing the toe socks now 100% of the time
Rana
Global Moderator
Superstar

Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2010, 11:22:10 PM »

ToeToes aren't bad - I have a pair, though I got them too long, and they won't stay up!

All an octopus needs to trap a human is a door with three knobs.

Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/56809170@N00/sets/72157622338419245/
Gallery: http://sungazer.zenfolio.com
iamcam

iamcam is making a name for themselves.iamcam is making a name for themselves.iamcam is making a name for themselves.iamcam is making a name for themselves.iamcam is making a name for themselves.

Jesus wore huaraches.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2010, 01:46:57 AM »

I might wear them 2% of the time

I am Cam

go barefoot... everything else is just holding you back.

I miss 100% of the shots I don't take.
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2010, 01:46:57 AM »

inbetweenmytoes

inbetweenmytoes is a new face.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2010, 01:59:05 AM »

I've got one pair of toe socks (Injinji) that I've tried a couple of times. I used them to increase insulation while out on the snow. The bottom of my feet were definitely warmer while wearing them in my Flows, but my toes seemed colder. My guess is the socks caused them to be a little too constricted. I tried the socks with some new KSOs that came the other day. There was far less room in them for the socks. Trying to wear them together was even painful. I'm planning to try my Flows with the socks for a run tomorrow morning. I've had a warm spot developing. Perhaps the socks will help.

Nathan
inbetweenmytoes.com

"Your possessions should set you free like a boat or a pair of hiking boots. If you work for your possessions and they don't set you free, what are you working for?"  Billy Harris
I know... replace hiking boots w/ VFF
bigtruckguy3500

bigtruckguy3500 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2010, 03:25:20 AM »

I've found myself having to wear them as I'm increasing my mileage with them.  Otherwise I get hotspots on my big toes.  Nothing has developing into a blister, but that one spot on the bottom of both big toes just feels irritated for a few days otherwise.  When doing calisthenics of weights I usually do not wear them.  But if I'm doing calisthenics outside and it is cold I will wear it to keep my toes from going numb.
aws140

aws140 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2010, 01:09:35 AM »

I initially never wore socks with my VFF, KSO and Sprint, and I wear them almost everyday.

When it started getting colder I knew I could have to wear them to battle the cold. Then, came the issue of paying $12 a pair. This isn't an option for a broke full-time college student. Maybe if I was only looking to get a few pairs, but I wanted a lot. As I stated, I wear my VFF almost everyday, and the only time I don't is when it rains. So I did a lot of looking around for cheaper alternatives. I have ordered from a few different sources thourgh ebay and have had great success. I just received a dozen socks last week that I only paid $30 for. They had to be shipped from China, but they got here without any issues. That being said, most of the socks I have ordered have come from China, minus one pair I got from California, which also happens to be my least favorite pair.

My KSO had started to form a smell from running. After I soaked them in a hydrogen peroxide/baking soda solution, they smelled brand new. I have still been wearing them and running in them, but only with socks now. They still smell brand new at this point. I will go without socks as soon as it warms up, but maybe not as frequently as before to cut down on the smell.

I have not owned a pair of injini socks, but I don't see a reason to buy any either. I am 100% happy with the socks I have and will continue to go this route.
inbetweenmytoes

inbetweenmytoes is a new face.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2010, 02:07:54 AM »

7 miles in minus 10 degree Celsius weather, snow and ice patch-worked roads and trails, but my Flows and a pair of Injinjis got me through. The socks gave added insulation to the bottom of my foot, but it also deadened some of the sensation with the ground, a trade off for a warmer ride. I was guessing that my toes would get a little too constricted. I even imagined having to stop, take them off, and throw them in m pocket along the route, but they worked out fine. More on the run at http://www.inbetweenmytoes.com/blog/2010/2/8/day-8-childs-play.html.

The last time I ran this similar distance (but on a treadmill) I went with my regular sockless-ness. The flat seem on the instep of my right foot almost branded my foot with stitching marks. Blood was even drawn. With the socks, there was no friction issue, even with a healing wound ('wound' makes my blemish sound so much more courageous). There is definitely a place for toed socks... maybe I should check ebay Wink

Nathan
inbetweenmytoes.com

"Your possessions should set you free like a boat or a pair of hiking boots. If you work for your possessions and they don't set you free, what are you working for?"  Billy Harris
I know... replace hiking boots w/ VFF
VFF Noob

VFF Noob is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2010, 03:18:33 PM »

aws140 - Do you find that with the socks you need a bigger size VFF?  Also, where did you find 6 pairs for $30?  Thanks!
aws140

aws140 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2010, 07:02:02 PM »

aws140 - Do you find that with the socks you need a bigger size VFF?  Also, where did you find 6 pairs for $30?  Thanks!

No, I don't find that to be the case. I sized my KSO to be tight without socks, and have never had an issue with them being too tight with socks. I have even worn a pair of slightly thicker socks, and didn't have an issue.

Here is the auction from the 12 I got:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270514542012&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Two good sellers on ebay:

stonestore88
cacatuleee2009
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: