BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
December 20, 2014, 06:25:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Toe Socks...NOT Injinji's?  (Read 6973 times)
Hawkeye
Superstar

Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!

I go barefoot, but my dog wears shoes.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2010, 10:39:40 AM »

Hi,

I am not an injinji salesman, but I think it needs to be mentioned that injinji socks are 100% synthetic, 70% coolmax.

Even if you don't believe in the benefits of synthetics:

http://www.runnersworld.com/community/forums/index.jsp?plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3AShoes+and+StuffForum%3A664106038Discussion%3A724104048

and

http://www.coolrunning.com.au/general/2005/socks.shtml

I think that its reasonable to assume that synthetics will last at least twice as long as cotton, if not more.

Opinions? Thanks,

Dave

We don't dislike the materials, just the $12 a pair price tag and a lack of options. Injinjis are ok socks, but it would be nice to have alternatives.
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2010, 10:39:40 AM »

dmartinct

dmartinct is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2010, 11:09:01 AM »

If anyone knows about any cheap non-injinji synthetics, I would appreciate it. From what I can tell all of the alternatives are cotton blends.

Also, I am waiting for a pair of liner socks that I ordered direct from injinji: http://www.injinji.com/tetratsok/liner.htm

I have been told that they are thinner than other injinji socks, which I hope will help my vff's to be more comfortable.

Thanks,

Dave

« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 11:11:36 AM by dmartinct » Logged
orlin03

orlin03 is starting to look familiar.orlin03 is starting to look familiar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2010, 11:21:42 AM »

I ordered a set of these socks after another member mentioned them: http://cgi.ebay.com/1-DOZEN-MENS-ASSORTED-DRESS-5-TOE-SOCKS-SIZE-8-12_W0QQitemZ270524924061QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Men_s_Socks?hash=item3efc8ac09d
They just came yesterday. Sure, their not as nice as Injinji's, but since I don't own a washing machine and biweekly trips to the laundermat are not an option, these socks fill the niche nicely. They fit decent, are a bit taller than the ankle-height Injinji's I have, and the pack included a better assortment of colors than was shown. I would definitely suggest them to anyone who wears their VFFs often and likes wearing them with socks. I don't think they'll feel (or perform) nearly as good for running, but for walking/working/casual use, the price can't be beat!

dmartinct

dmartinct is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2010, 01:40:09 PM »

$2.00 for a pair of toe socks is a good deal!

Cheers,

Dave
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2010, 01:40:09 PM »

orlin03

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2010, 03:54:25 PM »

I may have been wrong when I said the above socks wouldn't be good for running. I went for a hilly 7.5 miles after posting, and they performed great! No problems with the fit, hotspots, or sweat (though I admit it's not that warm out). Thumbs up!

Rana
Global Moderator
Superstar

Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Rana thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2010, 11:56:56 PM »

Actually, my injinjis are the NuWool variety...  Wink

The cheapest I've found for those is $15.  I wish they were cheaper, but I have to say, I've been wearing the two pairs I own almost non-stop and they show practically no wear, so I've come to the conclusion that their price is worth it.  (Though I did buy one pair on sale - they are lavender colored, which didn't seem to be too popular.)

All an octopus needs to trap a human is a door with three knobs.

Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/56809170@N00/sets/72157622338419245/
Gallery: http://sungazer.zenfolio.com
UpNorth

UpNorth is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2010, 12:53:29 AM »

I ordered some Nuwool Injinis from REI and they have a deal where you get 10% off if you buy multiple pairs.  It's not a huge discount of course, but every little bit helps.  (I ordered them for in-store pick up and they aren't here yet so I can't say how they work for me. )

Of course my REI order doesn't mean I won't try an order of the eBay variety at some point.

Laura
bf_rebelpapa

bf_rebelpapa is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2010, 03:32:24 PM »

I've been wearing the Injinji's for a bit now too.  I'm not particularly impressed with the quality of the product.  The NuWool version seems to last a long time.  The normal tetrasock version wears out really fast.  Mine have also developed holes between toes.  They are awfully expensive to have mediocre quality. 
Hawkeye
Superstar

Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!Hawkeye has spent way too much time on birthday shoes!

I go barefoot, but my dog wears shoes.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2010, 03:39:20 PM »

I've been wearing the Injinji's for a bit now too.  I'm not particularly impressed with the quality of the product.  The NuWool version seems to last a long time.  The normal tetrasock version wears out really fast.  Mine have also developed holes between toes.  They are awfully expensive to have mediocre quality. 

Kind of like VFFs. LOL
ap19

ap19 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2010, 04:44:07 PM »

I ordered a set of these socks after another member mentioned them: http://cgi.ebay.com/1-DOZEN-MENS-ASSORTED-DRESS-5-TOE-SOCKS-SIZE-8-12_W0QQitemZ270524924061QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Men_s_Socks?hash=item3efc8ac09d
They just came yesterday. Sure, their not as nice as Injinji's, but since I don't own a washing machine and biweekly trips to the laundermat are not an option, these socks fill the niche nicely. They fit decent, are a bit taller than the ankle-height Injinji's I have, and the pack included a better assortment of colors than was shown. I would definitely suggest them to anyone who wears their VFFs often and likes wearing them with socks. I don't think they'll feel (or perform) nearly as good for running, but for walking/working/casual use, the price can't be beat!

I've been wearing these for a while now (might have been me that mentioned them, not entirely sure though) but i like them - only slight problem is that if your feet are at the upper limit of the sizing like mine, the fabric stretches out a little and is slightly tight over the toes but definitely worth having...great value.

When you've done something right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all...
bf_rebelpapa

bf_rebelpapa is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2010, 07:08:46 PM »

I might go for those, but I NEVER wear socks that tall Cheesy  Seems like a great deal otherwise.
orlin03

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2010, 11:46:49 PM »

Funny thing is, they're not as tall as they look; they come just over my ankle (maybe an inch taller than my Injinjis). They're not 'crew cut', they're tube socks, without a molded heel, so they look taller in the pic because of where they're folded.

bigtruckguy3500

bigtruckguy3500 is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2010, 11:55:58 PM »

I've been wearing these for a while now (might have been me that mentioned them, not entirely sure though) but i like them - only slight problem is that if your feet are at the upper limit of the sizing like mine, the fabric stretches out a little and is slightly tight over the toes but definitely worth having...great value.

What size do you wear?  I was wondering about that myself since I wear 45 VFFs. 
orlin03

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2010, 10:55:37 AM »

I wear a 42. Those socks may be a bit tight for a 45, though. They say they fit size 8-12, but they'd have to do some stretching on the toes to fit comfortably on a larger foot.

dmartinct

dmartinct is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2010, 10:17:20 AM »

Running and Rambling has a good review of Feelmax socks:

http://www.runningandrambling.com/2010/03/feelmax-sock-review-feelmax-osma.html

Feelmax seems to have more variety: cotton, coolmax, charcoal.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: