BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
October 30, 2014, 11:10:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: VFFs for Winter  (Read 1706 times)
sbrow

sbrow is a new face.

View Profile
« on: December 08, 2011, 10:37:17 PM »

I have been wearing my VFF KSOs for several months and I just can't wear normal shoes for more than a couple of hours anymore because it feels heavy and unbalanced. I need a pair of VFFs for the winter, where I will probably have to walk in at least 4 - 6 inches of snow most of the time. If I wore Bornios with injinji socks would I be relatively warm and dry (or at least not to cold)? If not, are there any other minimalistic options?
« on: December 08, 2011, 10:37:17 PM »

dirkverelst

dirkverelst is well known.dirkverelst is well known.dirkverelst is well known.dirkverelst is well known.

Healing our environment with orgonite.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2011, 05:55:54 AM »

I recently got i my Bormios, they are considerably warmer and protect against humidity (don`t go stand in a puddle if you did not waterproof them).
They are narrow on the forefoot, though, so go test them out in a store if you can. Mine stretched enough , but they were too tight at first when wearing my wool toesocks. Probably the best VFF for winter.

sbrow

sbrow is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2011, 08:01:11 AM »

thanks! What is a good way to waterproof them?
sbrem

sbrem is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2011, 04:02:26 PM »

http://birthdayshoes.com/waterproofing-the-bormio-fivefingers
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2011, 04:02:26 PM »

UberC5

UberC5 is a new face.

I hunt with a Subaru...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2011, 03:20:45 PM »

I have waterproofed my Bormio's and worn them fairly exclusively for the past month and a half.  Dry feet so far.  I just bought another pair that I will keep in reserve, unwaterproofed.  I think Trek LS would be just as waterproof if Aquasealed like the Bormio.  The laces and tongue are actually higher up the shoe then the zipper is on Bormio.  As long as you didn't stand in water above the laces, they would do well.  I will have no problem wearing either of them when the ground has packed or plowed snow, but I won't be wearing them while doing the shoveling or plowing.

I bowl overhand

Current VFF's: Syridon LS (Military Green/Grey/Black) M42, Speed (Black/White) M42, 2 pair of Bormio (Whiskey Crazyhorse) M42, Trek LS (Whiskey Crazyhorse) M42, KSO Trek (Brown) M41, KSO (Blue Camo) M41
Non VFF:  NB Minimus Trail MultiSport EU44
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: