BirthdayShoes.com Vibram Five Fingers Forum
August 23, 2014, 09:22:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  

Tired of seeing ads? Simply become a forum member and login (membership is free!).

nanny-rosy
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Vibram Discontuing the Bormio and Trek LS.  (Read 6670 times)
JustinB

JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2011, 09:38:53 PM »

Umm.. my speeds have laces and I think they work nicely.  Once the leather breaks in a little, they will become less stiff and it won't feel as slippery.

42 Grey/Palm/Clay KSO, 43 Black Classic, 44 Black Moc, 43 Black/White Speed,43 Grey/Green Bikila LS, 43 Black/Day Glow SeeYa
44 Black/White Vivobarefoot Neo, 43 Black Vivobarefoot Ra
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2011, 09:38:53 PM »

BearFooted
Global Moderator

BearFooted is a regular 'round here.BearFooted is a regular 'round here.BearFooted is a regular 'round here.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2011, 10:20:32 PM »

Umm.. my speeds have laces and I think they work nicely.  Once the leather breaks in a little, they will become less stiff and it won't feel as slippery.

Second this.  I like all the laced versions of VFF over the others.   Also the Bormio has a sock liner that does not feel the way you described perhaps that might work better then the trek ls.

Check out all of the articles I have written for BirthdayShoes.com!
MCvet

MCvet is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2011, 11:31:07 PM »

They really loosened up for me. I like them a lot more than kso treks.

Trek LS Brown 45... Speed black/white 46... Flow black 45... KSO REMIX 45... Bikila white/red 45... KSO trek brown 45... Komodo yellow 45... 1 Black and 1 Brown bormio's 45... Green Spyridon 45...  Yellow/Blk SeeYa 45
UpNorth

UpNorth is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2011, 12:29:57 AM »

I too am disappointed to hear that these models are being discontinued.   I love my trek ls as a cool weather casual shoe.   I agree they just get more comfortable. And  I like the laces if only because I don't have to worry about the velcro snagging my pants hem.   (Why vibram hasn't fixed that design flaw across the boards is beyond me.)

Laura
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2011, 12:29:57 AM »

JustinB

JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.JustinB is well known.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2011, 01:43:36 AM »

I too am disappointed to hear that these models are being discontinued.   I love my trek ls as a cool weather casual shoe.   I agree they just get more comfortable. And  I like the laces if only because I don't have to worry about the velcro snagging my pants hem.   (Why vibram hasn't fixed that design flaw across the boards is beyond me.)

Because to get rid of that problem is to get rid of all velcro across all lines?  I personally have never had a problem with velcro snagging my pants.

42 Grey/Palm/Clay KSO, 43 Black Classic, 44 Black Moc, 43 Black/White Speed,43 Grey/Green Bikila LS, 43 Black/Day Glow SeeYa
Kryx

Kryx is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2011, 01:47:06 AM »

1. How much do they break in? I'm getting pressure points at the top of the shoes - around my ankles, etc.

2. Does anyone wear socks with them? The felt at the end of the Trek LS seems really slippery with socks.

3. The laces... meh I hate flat laces. Unlike sports laces that are easy to maintain flat laces I'd have to straighten everytime I wore them.

if 1 & 2 aren't a problem then I'll probably keep them. At least one pair.. the black is truthfully dark gray and not super fancy. Sad
dirkverelst

dirkverelst is well known.dirkverelst is well known.dirkverelst is well known.dirkverelst is well known.

Healing our environment with orgonite.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2011, 07:56:27 AM »

This thread kind of developped into a general Trek LS/Bormio discussion.
As I got in my Bormios saturday, I'm eager to share my enthusiasm, with a few remarks:
- I really like to look of the leather, much more stylish, gives more credibility to VFF's, I think.
- I sized down, as for my Treks, but especially with socks they feel very tight. There is no problemlengthwise, so I'm hoping they will stretch sufficiently.
- The leather between the toes makes all the difference temperature-wise.
- I find them very stiff and heavy, and I'm comparing with my pair of Cortinas, now. Cortinas are much more supple, the ankle is free to move, and they offer much better groundfeel (flow sole), but thanks to the wool footbed warm enough. Trek soles are just too thick!
- My ideal boot would be a Cortina without the fur (this looks ok when there is snow, but overdone when it's not very cold), and leather sided toepockets for water-resistance!
MCvet

MCvet is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2011, 09:27:40 AM »

I wear socks with all of mine, including flows.
I wear wool, lightweight, regular weight. Interchangeable with all of them.

Trek LS Brown 45... Speed black/white 46... Flow black 45... KSO REMIX 45... Bikila white/red 45... KSO trek brown 45... Komodo yellow 45... 1 Black and 1 Brown bormio's 45... Green Spyridon 45...  Yellow/Blk SeeYa 45
gtonnis

gtonnis is a new face.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2012, 01:00:42 PM »

Does anyone know why trek ls being discontinued?

Greg
dirkverelst

dirkverelst is well known.dirkverelst is well known.dirkverelst is well known.dirkverelst is well known.

Healing our environment with orgonite.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2012, 02:34:48 PM »

if you take a look at the 2012fall winter line you will see they have a lot of new Trek soled shoes coming up, water resistance being the keyword... people have been asking for that for a long time,  guess they want to make `room`for that. Trek LS is still available, in some places on sale..
Mr. Leigh
Superstar

Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.

23 pair VFFs, 3 pair Stems, 5 VB, & 2 Teva

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2012, 02:52:08 PM »

I agree with others that have commented on Vibram missing the boat regarding where they sell their products.  I have two authorized retailers in my City and both of them maintain hours of operation that do not cater to the working class.  One of them is in the subway level of a building and the other is kind of off the beaten path a little and never seems to have stock of anything.  There is a local store that wants to sell Vibrams and has better hours of operation, a huge selection on the products they carry, and adequate parking access.  The problem is they are on the surface level within a block of the subway level retailer ad Vibram will not allow for two sellers to be that close to one another.

So be sure when you step.
Step with care and great tact and remember that Life's a Great Balancing Act.
Just never forget to be dexterous and deft. 
And never mix up your right foot and your left.

Oh, the Places You'll Go! by Dr. Suess
JustinB

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2012, 03:22:19 PM »

I agree with others that have commented on Vibram missing the boat regarding where they sell their products.  I have two authorized retailers in my City and both of them maintain hours of operation that do not cater to the working class.  One of them is in the subway level of a building and the other is kind of off the beaten path a little and never seems to have stock of anything.  There is a local store that wants to sell Vibrams and has better hours of operation, a huge selection on the products they carry, and adequate parking access.  The problem is they are on the surface level within a block of the subway level retailer ad Vibram will not allow for two sellers to be that close to one another.

That's strange.  Maybe they treat the smaller retailers differently.  I have an REI and an Eastern Mountain Sports that are a 1/4 mile from each other and both of them sell Vibrams.

Mr. Leigh
Superstar

Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.Mr. Leigh thinks they know everything about birthday shoes.

23 pair VFFs, 3 pair Stems, 5 VB, & 2 Teva

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2012, 03:39:36 PM »

The location that wants to sell them is literally across the street on the surface level and the other seller with the terrible hours is in the subway level on the opposite side of the street.  They are literally less than a city block separating the two, and apparently Vibram has issues with that.  This is what the other retailer is telling me.

So be sure when you step.
Step with care and great tact and remember that Life's a Great Balancing Act.
Just never forget to be dexterous and deft. 
And never mix up your right foot and your left.

Oh, the Places You'll Go! by Dr. Suess
barefootin

barefootin is a regular 'round here.barefootin is a regular 'round here.barefootin is a regular 'round here.

My Sneakers

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2012, 07:49:41 PM »

In Milwaukee where I spend a good bit of time on business there are 5 retailers with-in a few miles of each other and two of them are within blocks of each other.....

I prefer to do it bare... 
See or "Feel" the world before they blow it up or pave it over.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: